GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"StarWars II: The Odeon Cinema Strikes Back"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/06/02 at 11:30
Regular
Went to watch Star Wars Episode II the other day. I had low expectations after Phantom Menace but I had heard that it was a vast improvement on the aforementioned “film”. I had avoided all trailers and any reviews where they were trying to spoil the plot for you and soon after the film was released I headed down to my local cinema. I was about half an hour early (I took the afternoon off work too) and went up to the ticket office:

“One to see the 3 0’clock showing of Star Wars please”, I politely asked.

“2 O’clock?”, came the retort.

“NO 3 o’clock”, I insisted.

“2 O’clock?.”, she insisted.

“Eh?”, I bemused.

“The film isn’t due to start for another 5 minuets due to the amount of trailers, you can still make it for the 2 O’clock showing”, she informed me.

“Ok then!”, said I, hastily.

So ticket in hand I legged it to screen 1 (the main one with the huge screen and superb surround sound) and just as I am approaching it I can hear that the film has already kicked off. I sit down slightly miffed that I’ve missed the start but I am soon pacified by the gigantic battle that is taking place before me. Five minutes later and I’m beginning to wonder why there is a light sabre duel so early in the film. Then the film ended. I’d just watched the fecking final 10 minutes.

I charge down to the ticket office (like a demented Rhino on PCP) and DEMANDED to see the manager. The women (different to the one who served me previously) calmly asks to see my ticket first and lo and behold it now “magically” says Screen 5. Oh oh. They were showing the film “simultaneously” and I had just assumed that the film was only on Screen 1! That’s why I caught the ending. What a muppet I am!

Thankfully they took pity on me and I got another ticket (after a couple in the que behind me pretended that they heard the other women tell me it was starting on Screen 1). Halfway through the second viewing I needed a p*ss desperately but stubbornly refused to leave my seat. Needless to say this detracted from my viewing pleasure considerably.

The film wasn’t much of a movie gala spectacular event for me, I have to say.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 19/06/02 at 11:30
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Went to watch Star Wars Episode II the other day. I had low expectations after Phantom Menace but I had heard that it was a vast improvement on the aforementioned “film”. I had avoided all trailers and any reviews where they were trying to spoil the plot for you and soon after the film was released I headed down to my local cinema. I was about half an hour early (I took the afternoon off work too) and went up to the ticket office:

“One to see the 3 0’clock showing of Star Wars please”, I politely asked.

“2 O’clock?”, came the retort.

“NO 3 o’clock”, I insisted.

“2 O’clock?.”, she insisted.

“Eh?”, I bemused.

“The film isn’t due to start for another 5 minuets due to the amount of trailers, you can still make it for the 2 O’clock showing”, she informed me.

“Ok then!”, said I, hastily.

So ticket in hand I legged it to screen 1 (the main one with the huge screen and superb surround sound) and just as I am approaching it I can hear that the film has already kicked off. I sit down slightly miffed that I’ve missed the start but I am soon pacified by the gigantic battle that is taking place before me. Five minutes later and I’m beginning to wonder why there is a light sabre duel so early in the film. Then the film ended. I’d just watched the fecking final 10 minutes.

I charge down to the ticket office (like a demented Rhino on PCP) and DEMANDED to see the manager. The women (different to the one who served me previously) calmly asks to see my ticket first and lo and behold it now “magically” says Screen 5. Oh oh. They were showing the film “simultaneously” and I had just assumed that the film was only on Screen 1! That’s why I caught the ending. What a muppet I am!

Thankfully they took pity on me and I got another ticket (after a couple in the que behind me pretended that they heard the other women tell me it was starting on Screen 1). Halfway through the second viewing I needed a p*ss desperately but stubbornly refused to leave my seat. Needless to say this detracted from my viewing pleasure considerably.

The film wasn’t much of a movie gala spectacular event for me, I have to say.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.