GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the N64b still alive?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/06/02 at 09:12
Regular
IS the N64 still alive? Commercially the answer is obviously no. But surely there must be at the moment more N64 owners out there than Gamecube owners, and this will undoubtedly continue to be the case for a while yet. This must mean that more people are playing N64 games than Gamecube games, and with that many people enjoying the games on a console it surely can't be dead in the water...

I spent a very enjoyable evening last night playing on Super Smash Bros on the N64 with my wife and son. It was such a laugh and we had a great time, confirming what I've always known; that Nintendo games surely are the best. Shouldn't we still be enjoying classics on the N64 such as Zelda, Mario and Perfect Dark (to name just a few).

And if so many people are still playing on the N64, and there are so many good games for the console, why have the gaming press (even excellent magazines such as NGC) dropped the N64 like a hot-potato?

Even though the N64 is not now commercially viable, surely we should all, the gamers and the gaming media, still be enjoying N64 games

Cheers all,

Paul Harries
Thu 20/06/02 at 12:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
pezking wrote:
> the n64 will never die. not until i get more than 39 stars on mario. i
> suck *REAL* bad

39? You really do suck bad!

;)
Thu 20/06/02 at 12:03
As i see it, the fun is just beginning with the N64

Just imagine all those people selling there consoles and games so they can get a GC. Soon were gonna be inundated with loads of cheap second hand games and peripherals. Its gonna be like christmas!!!!

Perfect Dark for £10, i can see it now. Ahhhhhh
Wed 19/06/02 at 16:44
Regular
"going underground"
the n64 will never die. not until i get more than 39 stars on mario. i suck *REAL* bad
Wed 19/06/02 at 16:41
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
even though i'v got a gc, i still play my n64 a bit....right this second my brother is playing through mario 64 again. but ssb is hard to play again after melee, it's a great game, but it just seems so outdated(cos it is) even though i was thoroughly enjoying playing it only a week before i got melee

the 64 ain't ded yet!
Wed 19/06/02 at 16:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The Playman wrote:
>
> I spent a very enjoyable evening last night playing on Super Smash
> Bros on the N64 with my wife and son.

The future people - the future!
Wed 19/06/02 at 16:18
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
What's the N64b?

:-)

Only joking.

I think the N64 is still played by quite a lot of people, especially the people that only have an N64 and a Playstation. ;-)

I still play my N64 when I go to my gran's, because that's where it is, strangely enough. :-)
Wed 19/06/02 at 15:28
Regular
"going underground"
How can the SNES possibly be dead? It's alive and well in overpriced handheld form. Without Seiken Densetsu, though...
Wed 19/06/02 at 15:01
Regular
".......on the attac"
I still have an N64 with the only games I ever bought for it - Perfect Dark and Goldeneye. At the moment I play Goldeneye when I want an hour or so of quality gaming and me and my housemates enjoy playing Perfect Dark on multiplayer. I never really got into playing Perfect Dark on the missions.

As for selling it, no way. I still miss having my Master System and I am not making the same mistake again!

I think I may invest in a Gamecube soon so that I can enjoy Agent Under Fire.
Wed 19/06/02 at 14:45
Regular
"Selected"
I still play my N64. As people here have said, it's not dead. If you think that then there are obviously games you should have played that would make it live forever in your mind. If you played OOT then get Majora's Mask - it's well worth a week playing. I still have fond memories of staying up till 3 in the morning during the christmas holidays playing OOT when it first came out.
Wed 19/06/02 at 14:10
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Strafex, oddly enough I was about to say that, like the SNES, the N64 will be a classic forever. You cannot beat SNES mario kart, or street fighter 2. Nor has anyone come close to Goldeneye on the N64, and Zelda OOT will be an all time classic.

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.