GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid 2 - What a film it would be"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/06/02 at 21:46
Regular
If metal gear solid was made into a game it would be one of the best films made

Tomb Raider dont it and look at thoose ratings.

Someone mentioned a GTA film that would be class aswell
Thu 20/06/02 at 18:14
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
pop
Thu 20/06/02 at 00:36
Regular
I thought MGS2 was a film.....oh someone's already said that
Thu 20/06/02 at 00:19
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yeah, Metal Gear Solid would make an okay movie but dont you think it would be very similar to the 'James Bond' movies, only jazzed up slightly.

The GTA film that you mentioned isnt about the actual game though. Its a PG and is pretty cack from what Ive heard.

Game (eb) were doing a deal (not sure if thier still doing it)if you bought GTA3, you got the GTA movie free, if your still interested though.
Wed 19/06/02 at 23:50
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
oh - i didn't see it that way

sorry
Wed 19/06/02 at 22:48
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Alexj17 wrote:
> for all those people who have to critise my mistake i ment if metal
> gear solid was a FILM it would be a great FILM

Those who find faults with others only do it because they want to ignore the faults within themselves. So :P to all of them.

Hideo Kojima apparently wants Russel Crowe to play Solid Snake if the movie were to be made. It better not be Bob Hoskins though. Raiden could be played by Rowan Atkinson.
Wed 19/06/02 at 21:24
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
for all those people who have to critise my mistake i ment if metal gear solid was a FILM it would be a great FILM
Wed 19/06/02 at 21:17
"Mimmargh!"
You mean its a game!?
Man, I thought it WAS a movie!

:0D
Wed 19/06/02 at 17:28
"Darkness, always"
Metal Gear Solid: The Movie, will have a very simple storyline, and will also be very short...
Wed 19/06/02 at 17:26
well said $lik :D
Wed 19/06/02 at 16:08
Regular
"DS..."
Alexj17 wrote:
> If metal gear solid was made into a game it would be one of the best
> films made
>
> Tomb Raider dont it and look at thoose ratings.
>
> Someone mentioned a GTA film that would be class aswell

lets analyse this paragraph step-by-step shall we?

"If metal gear solid was made into a game it would be one of the best films made"

this clearly does not make any clear sense as the title in question "metal gear solid" has allready been made into a game, and the fact that it is still doesnt mean that it will be a great film.

The following statement makes sense...

If the game (metal gear solid) was made into a film, then it would have the potential to be one of the best films ever made.

note the reference to the game being made into a film in the above statement, this now makes sense (or at least more sense then the gramatically incorrect original sentence quoted)

secondly, lets analyse the following paragraph...

"Tomb Raider dont it and look at thoose ratings."

This also does not really mean anything due to the poor grammar and spelling, the follwing sentence makes more sense...

The game (titled Tomb Raider) made the transistion from the small screen to the silver (cinema) and was reasonably successfull, if you want proof just look at the ratings.

this makes sense as you can tell that it refers to the movie Tomb Raider from the game(s) of the same name and is claiming that it was reasonably successfull.

Finally, the following sentence...

"Someone mentioned a GTA film that would be class aswell"

This sentence is correct untill we get to the end "aswell" the following sentence makes more sense...

Someone mentioned a GTA (Grand Theft Auto) film that was being made, if it was made it would be good as well as the following films that I have mentioned.

This makes more snese and the words are properly spaced.

I am sorry to have picked out this post and had to point put obvious mistakes, but in my opinion this type of post is asking for criticism, mainly because we have so many of these 1-2 sentence posts every day which seem to more than most times be about irrelevant cack that is never going to happen or has allready happened and the author did not realise because they didn't do any research of any kind.

I for one am fed up of reading these posts and i may continue to keep on doing things like this at my discression, I feel that I am not doing anything wrong and I am also contributing to reducing the level of unecessary spam topics in the forum.

I'm sure others will agree with me that certain individuals (newbies and regulars alike) who keep on posting annoying topics like this need not do so, or at least not on such a regular basis, I apoligise to Alexj17 if he feels that I was making an example of him, this is not the case as I was just outlining an example of the posts that I am on about and I hope that other forum users will understand my reasoning and need to make such an example.

Thank you.

slik ~_~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.