GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PHP file upload on Freeola?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/06/02 at 19:43
Regular
Erm, I think I've asked this before, and I can't remember what the answer was (if any).

Does anyone use PHP on Freeola for uploading files to their webspace? And if so, how do you manage the file authorisations? I think last time I tried, the script that receives the uploaded file was failing to copy it to the directory I want.

Thing is, while I manage the web site for an organisation, I'd like to be able to give the secretary and other officers the ability to update their "bit" of the site, which usually means just uploading some new data files in csv format.
Tue 18/06/02 at 19:43
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Erm, I think I've asked this before, and I can't remember what the answer was (if any).

Does anyone use PHP on Freeola for uploading files to their webspace? And if so, how do you manage the file authorisations? I think last time I tried, the script that receives the uploaded file was failing to copy it to the directory I want.

Thing is, while I manage the web site for an organisation, I'd like to be able to give the secretary and other officers the ability to update their "bit" of the site, which usually means just uploading some new data files in csv format.
Tue 18/06/02 at 21:33
doc693 wrote:
> Erm, I think I've asked this before, and I can't remember what the
> answer was (if any).
>
> Does anyone use PHP on Freeola for uploading files to their webspace?
> And if so, how do you manage the file authorisations? I think last
> time I tried, the script that receives the uploaded file was failing
> to copy it to the directory I want.
>
> Thing is, while I manage the web site for an organisation, I'd like to
> be able to give the secretary and other officers the ability to update
> their "bit" of the site, which usually means just uploading
> some new data files in csv format.

thats against Freeola's terms and conditions - you must use their dial-up to upload files. thats how they make their money, from ur phone calls!
Tue 18/06/02 at 21:43
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Right, but PHP still lets me use that syntax, so do you think Freeola have somehow managed to make it impractical to use? I can always make scripts that allow my colleagues to update the csv files once I've initially uploaded them myself, but its a bit of a pain!

Still, like you say, if thats where Freeola's £££ come from, and if it means I get free web hosting, then I shouldnt complain.
Wed 19/06/02 at 00:15
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I used to use a File Upload Script for visitors to send me Image files, as I prfered them to be in a Web Folder rather than stacking up my E-mail Inbox. It used to work fine but seemed to stop, so Freeola may have added something to prevent PHP from Uploading correctly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.