GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Elephant Man"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/06/02 at 21:56
Regular
If any of you have heard of the elephant man then you may like to read a scene I wrote on it. If not then you still may find it interesting and I'll just quickly say a bit about him. The elephant man was a man who lived around 150 years ago and had major deformities, ones which in todays world cold be removed. He had large masses of bone on his head, his head grew and grew until it snapped his neck. He was always being starred at and never had a real life. If you haven't read about the elephant man then I would advise you to, just to see what he went through, anyway this is just a scene I wrote:

The dark lifeless evening was entering its final stages. The moon was out in all its shining glory but a thick cloud of mist overcast it. A strong odour passed through my nostrils. It was the foulest smell that has ever entered my body. Becoming more aware of the repulsive smell I decided to trace the origin. Time was of no importance to me; I was determined to find the source of the inhumane aroma.

My five senses we strongly overpowered by just one of them, I heard something very disturbing. A cry of distress was bellowing from the same direction in which the loathsome smell was. The loud cry was unlike any that I had heard before. It was not a cry for help, nor was it a cry of sadness. It was a cry of pure disgust.

There it was (I use the word it because I was unaware what it was at the time) the most horrific site that had ever stepped into my vision. I could not quite make out the figure due to the dark night; it was like someone had painted the night sky with a thick coat of charcoal. The loud cries continued unaware that I was drawing closer to it. From the distance the figure looked like an obese ape, its head was unlike any creature that had been recorded.

I drew closer and closer, as I walked I could hear the nights creatures calling out into my soul. Fear stood on a branch in front of me; I could tell this was going to be a night that would shock me for the rest of my life. I pursued in the direction of the creature not knowing if I could be attacked. I ventured into the unknown and there I was standing face to face with what looked like one of the devils creations.

The cries of distress ceased, not a sound was produced from the creature or me. It was more frightened than me, and by this time I could feel the sweat dripping down my face. I felt a little bit as ease knowing that it was in a cage. By what was it doing there? A small cage was trapping it in there, no letting it to escape, not letting it to move, not letting it to sleep, not letting it to live.

I got closer and stared into the eyes of what I presumed was a creature, I could only see disspear in those eyes. It became more apparent to me that he was not a creature; he was one of us, you and me, a human. The deformities deterred me from thinking he came from a human lady, he was aware that I was frightened by what I saw and he turned and curled up in the dirty corner which was packed full of diseases.

I tried talking to him, nothing I said made him make contact with me, and I doubt he had ever had a conversation with anyone. The foul aroma that had lead me to him was inside his cage. It was not a substance which you can imagine sitting in, it was his human waste. His cage was packed full of it he had no room in which too escape from it.

I could not bear to see one of my fellow humans being treated in such an inhumane state. The cage was bolted tight and it was pitch black so it was near impossible to let him out. I did not tell him that I was trying to help him encase he didn’t understand. Instead I just left him and decided to go and seek help from the hospital. No person should have to live in cage, but when the cage is in such a disgusting state it makes me wonder what kind of people our living in today’s world as we know it.
Thu 20/06/02 at 21:55
Regular
"$hit happens"
Yea, good piece of work on John
Tue 18/06/02 at 07:24
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Thanks, I knew someone would know who he was :)
Tue 18/06/02 at 07:17
Pretty good about John Merric ;0)
Mon 17/06/02 at 21:56
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
If any of you have heard of the elephant man then you may like to read a scene I wrote on it. If not then you still may find it interesting and I'll just quickly say a bit about him. The elephant man was a man who lived around 150 years ago and had major deformities, ones which in todays world cold be removed. He had large masses of bone on his head, his head grew and grew until it snapped his neck. He was always being starred at and never had a real life. If you haven't read about the elephant man then I would advise you to, just to see what he went through, anyway this is just a scene I wrote:

The dark lifeless evening was entering its final stages. The moon was out in all its shining glory but a thick cloud of mist overcast it. A strong odour passed through my nostrils. It was the foulest smell that has ever entered my body. Becoming more aware of the repulsive smell I decided to trace the origin. Time was of no importance to me; I was determined to find the source of the inhumane aroma.

My five senses we strongly overpowered by just one of them, I heard something very disturbing. A cry of distress was bellowing from the same direction in which the loathsome smell was. The loud cry was unlike any that I had heard before. It was not a cry for help, nor was it a cry of sadness. It was a cry of pure disgust.

There it was (I use the word it because I was unaware what it was at the time) the most horrific site that had ever stepped into my vision. I could not quite make out the figure due to the dark night; it was like someone had painted the night sky with a thick coat of charcoal. The loud cries continued unaware that I was drawing closer to it. From the distance the figure looked like an obese ape, its head was unlike any creature that had been recorded.

I drew closer and closer, as I walked I could hear the nights creatures calling out into my soul. Fear stood on a branch in front of me; I could tell this was going to be a night that would shock me for the rest of my life. I pursued in the direction of the creature not knowing if I could be attacked. I ventured into the unknown and there I was standing face to face with what looked like one of the devils creations.

The cries of distress ceased, not a sound was produced from the creature or me. It was more frightened than me, and by this time I could feel the sweat dripping down my face. I felt a little bit as ease knowing that it was in a cage. By what was it doing there? A small cage was trapping it in there, no letting it to escape, not letting it to move, not letting it to sleep, not letting it to live.

I got closer and stared into the eyes of what I presumed was a creature, I could only see disspear in those eyes. It became more apparent to me that he was not a creature; he was one of us, you and me, a human. The deformities deterred me from thinking he came from a human lady, he was aware that I was frightened by what I saw and he turned and curled up in the dirty corner which was packed full of diseases.

I tried talking to him, nothing I said made him make contact with me, and I doubt he had ever had a conversation with anyone. The foul aroma that had lead me to him was inside his cage. It was not a substance which you can imagine sitting in, it was his human waste. His cage was packed full of it he had no room in which too escape from it.

I could not bear to see one of my fellow humans being treated in such an inhumane state. The cage was bolted tight and it was pitch black so it was near impossible to let him out. I did not tell him that I was trying to help him encase he didn’t understand. Instead I just left him and decided to go and seek help from the hospital. No person should have to live in cage, but when the cage is in such a disgusting state it makes me wonder what kind of people our living in today’s world as we know it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.