GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beckham may end his career in Japan"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/06/02 at 11:00
Regular
David Beckham has been wooed by adoring Japanese fans into considering playing out the twilight years of his career in the country.

Following the incredible reception he has received from fans at the World Cup, Beckham has revealed he would consider combining his dream to open up a soccer school while playing in Japan.

His enthusiasm for soccer schools is believed to stem from his own experience when he was given his own break at a similar centre set up by Sir Bobby Charlton in Spain.

The Manchester United midfielder, who stressed that he has no plans to leave Old Trafford after just signing a new contract, has been won over by the iconic status granted him in the Far East.

All information from Football365

"I've been told not to go out at all, which is unfortunate as I like to experience these things," he said.

"But you never know, I might play over here at one point.

"People have always asked me what I want to do after I've finished playing and soccer schools are something that have always interested me because I enjoyed them when I was young.

"To do something over here would be absolutely amazing as my popularity is amazing over here. Could I combine that with playing? Yes, possibly, you never know at the end of my career."

Beckham, 27, would be an incredible draw if he ever went to play in Japan due to the reception which he receives everywhere.

Sven-Goran Eriksson referred to the "Beckham fever" in the Far East and this has ensured England are supported by the majority of fans at each of their World Cup games.
Mon 17/06/02 at 12:04
Regular
"Long time no see!"
He could use a trip to Japan in order to relieve the stresses of the modern game and wind down to a calm and relaxed level and liestyle of the future.

But Posh will always have first say, and i'm sure Spain and Italy will be next - if anywhere else but United.

Who knows, maybe they will go there and Brooklyn will kick-off his career in the J-League!

It could also be good for the Konami football games - with Beckham so close.
Mon 17/06/02 at 11:31
"Darkness, always"
Japan was good enough for Lineker, I don't see why it wouldn't be good enough for Beckham.
Mon 17/06/02 at 11:10
Regular
"Baros!!!"
That would be funny except when we would have to play them, they would all be argueing about whose going to take the free-kick.
Mon 17/06/02 at 11:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I heard about this earlier too.

I don't think he'll end-up playing there but I can see him coaching their after his career. But he could be saying the same thing about a different country after another World Cup! He's just had a good time - and a hell of a lot of support and respect from the Japanese fans (mainly the girls).

Just imagine in the future....
A 23-man World Cup Squad of Japanese David Beckhams! :S
Yeah, with Japanese Mohawks too!!
Mon 17/06/02 at 11:00
Regular
"Baros!!!"
David Beckham has been wooed by adoring Japanese fans into considering playing out the twilight years of his career in the country.

Following the incredible reception he has received from fans at the World Cup, Beckham has revealed he would consider combining his dream to open up a soccer school while playing in Japan.

His enthusiasm for soccer schools is believed to stem from his own experience when he was given his own break at a similar centre set up by Sir Bobby Charlton in Spain.

The Manchester United midfielder, who stressed that he has no plans to leave Old Trafford after just signing a new contract, has been won over by the iconic status granted him in the Far East.

All information from Football365

"I've been told not to go out at all, which is unfortunate as I like to experience these things," he said.

"But you never know, I might play over here at one point.

"People have always asked me what I want to do after I've finished playing and soccer schools are something that have always interested me because I enjoyed them when I was young.

"To do something over here would be absolutely amazing as my popularity is amazing over here. Could I combine that with playing? Yes, possibly, you never know at the end of my career."

Beckham, 27, would be an incredible draw if he ever went to play in Japan due to the reception which he receives everywhere.

Sven-Goran Eriksson referred to the "Beckham fever" in the Far East and this has ensured England are supported by the majority of fans at each of their World Cup games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.