GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is WWE!?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/06/02 at 23:39
Regular
I haven't posted in this forum for ages, which is a shame- but there is a good reason, and thats because WWF(I refuse to say WWE) is poor. I used to love it four or five years ago, but what the hell has it become. Since No way out I haven't watched a single show (appart from Backlash- what a bore).

I checked on WWF.com today and I saw the Austin segment. I was shocked but I also feel the guy did the right thing. A few years ago Austin took the WWF by its feet and pushed it to the top. The fans loved Austin and viewing went through the roof. WWF was a huge success aroudn the 97-98 because of this guy.

Through his injury-plagued career he was held back, by his neck. This forced him out in November 1999. Nearly a year on, the guy came back, but things weren't quite the same, the WWF was becoming a bore.

Now the WWE has become rubbish, fans have given up after watching through force(WWF having no competetion, meaning it can put on bulls**t shows and not be affected). Now, once a fan, I have too given up watching this show- through choice, and I am not hear to make you do the same, just voicing my opinion. So enjoy your show, give me a shoot if it gets better.

O yeah, thanks to many legends in this forum (By that I mean the Ant's, Starlight's, Grandprix's and Jet's, amongst others) for making it so special when I was around. You guys totally rule and I won't ever forget you. I hope to still stay in contact- but for now, take care, live long and enjoy yourselfs!!

Ice Blaster has left the forum:(
Mon 17/06/02 at 18:29
Regular
"Where's SR?"
You'll be missed Ice Blaster but everything has to come to an end some time.
Mon 17/06/02 at 17:58
Regular
I'm beggining to feel the same way to be honest...
Mon 17/06/02 at 17:09
Regular
"One More Chance"
WWF is getting boring really but people like RVD, Rhyno (please come back soon) and Tajiri keep me coming back. I usually just watch the shows for a match like RVD Vs Eddie Guerro (Sp) as Vince Vs Flair you can tell is going to be a crap match.

Thanks for the mention Chris and as long as you come on MSN I will keep in contact. Cya.
Mon 17/06/02 at 11:14
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, let's just say it can't get much worse.

Thanks for talking me back into coming back to this forum. It's been a year now I think.
Mon 17/06/02 at 07:52
Regular
"..."
There is a lot of speculation that the Austin thing is a big storyline to boost ratings, particularly for new show confidential and that Austin will return with Eric Bischoff in tow for some sort of new invasion angle. I'm sceptical about this myself though.
Sun 16/06/02 at 23:49
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Austin was a big name and yes he was one of the reasons the WWF was so popular back then, I also believe it was because of the storylines being original and more interesting as a whole, plus the fights had meanings and built up good fueds but I'm not going to go into that just now.

(Only having Raw - Just the one main show a week was good, it seems to be dragged out slightly now, they don't fill time good enough methinks)

Austin will come back methinks in some sort of bad a** pee'd off attitude and start a Vince - Austin 2 type thing maybe or some elaborate war between boss and worker. He'll be back though, maybe with a slightly new gimmick?

But anyway, I'm still going to stick with it, I just hope it does get better. It's nice to see you pop in now and again Icey, come in whenever you get time.

Me a legend? Damn right. :0)
Sun 16/06/02 at 23:44
Regular
"everyone says it"
Austin will return.

Why? Because that news headline is all to do with the show, thats why they bothered to release it.

Der....
Sun 16/06/02 at 23:39
Regular
"Back in black"
I haven't posted in this forum for ages, which is a shame- but there is a good reason, and thats because WWF(I refuse to say WWE) is poor. I used to love it four or five years ago, but what the hell has it become. Since No way out I haven't watched a single show (appart from Backlash- what a bore).

I checked on WWF.com today and I saw the Austin segment. I was shocked but I also feel the guy did the right thing. A few years ago Austin took the WWF by its feet and pushed it to the top. The fans loved Austin and viewing went through the roof. WWF was a huge success aroudn the 97-98 because of this guy.

Through his injury-plagued career he was held back, by his neck. This forced him out in November 1999. Nearly a year on, the guy came back, but things weren't quite the same, the WWF was becoming a bore.

Now the WWE has become rubbish, fans have given up after watching through force(WWF having no competetion, meaning it can put on bulls**t shows and not be affected). Now, once a fan, I have too given up watching this show- through choice, and I am not hear to make you do the same, just voicing my opinion. So enjoy your show, give me a shoot if it gets better.

O yeah, thanks to many legends in this forum (By that I mean the Ant's, Starlight's, Grandprix's and Jet's, amongst others) for making it so special when I was around. You guys totally rule and I won't ever forget you. I hope to still stay in contact- but for now, take care, live long and enjoy yourselfs!!

Ice Blaster has left the forum:(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.