GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HALO"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/06/02 at 22:15
Regular
June 15th 10:46am

Just heading through the traffic lights in West-Vale on a crisp yet chilly morning when all of a sudden... 'OMEGA SECURICOR EXPRESS' storm past our car only to the amazement of both the driver and I, the worlds most avid gaming pro! My mom puts her foot down as we run over 3 pensioners on the Zebra Crossing and narrowly miss the local infant's school caretaker. We hit nearly 90mph as we head back home knowing in the back of our minds that we finally could both rest. My mom hand-brakes down the drive ruining our next door neighbour’s designer flower bed before opening the door onto their dog! With the dog unconscious we could make a bid for the door, life was going to get better, a whole lot better! The package lies, lying in waiting for I, the master of all mankind and 'a man with nothing to lose'! As I rip open the package the anticipation becomes too strong as I grab the Kitchen knife, stabbing my way through the cardboard packaging until finally... 'Rallisport Challenge', an Extra Controller and 'HALO' enter my life, finally life is worth living!

June 15th 11:02am

I run upstairs looking left then right trying to remember where my bedroom was. The package was clutched close into my chest the games close to my now speeding heart, all the Cardio Vascular training I had done strengthened my heart, but nothing this strong would hold off a very strong heart attack. I kick open the bedroom door scrambling to get to my feet; I dive onto the floor avidly searching for the front loading DVD drive before slamming in my new copy of 'HALO'! With only 26 minutes till England vs. Denmark I had to get the maximum amount of play before and after the match. As I click on 'New Campaign' I could feel my arteries harden as the adrenaline was pumping through my soaring muscles, I was prepared, prepared for the most compelling gaming experience to this date and one that I will always remember! The opening scene starts on board the Space craft heading towards the 'Covenant' as 'Master Chief' is brought out of his freezing process and prepared for an enemy invasion onto the ship! As I get used to the controls I finally feel that I belong to something, not a ballet team nor a knitting squad but a team of Marine Commandos!

June 15th 14:25pm

The match is over, what a glorious victory and at last I can eat Danish bread again without holding a grudge. I hop onto my 'warthog' as I ramp up the stairs, ruining my mom and dad's new carpet but I only had one thought on my mind and it most certainly didn't lie on this planet! I regain control of my sofa, all systems go as I check to see the phone line disconnected and my windows bordered up. 'Master Chief' was my new parent and I was prepared to obey, nothing would come between us, NOTHING!

June 15th 20:37pm

After a little less than 7 hours play as I was under the spell, the spell of 'HALO'! The game had nicely made a niche into my life and I think that it will stay there forever. I couldn't eat, drink or sleep as I was in a trance, blasting away and recovering ships off the 'Covenant' known only to us as 'HALO'. So far this is the only time I have left the console and it is to tell everyone now, "Drop everything you are doing, do not pass go but remember your £200, get down to your local shop as if you are "a man with nothing to lose", do not surrender to any innocent bi-standers and fight for this game right now and you "will be truly a man my son", beg, plea, fight, do anything in your power to get hold of this game as it will change your life forever"!

June 16th 10:03am

After playing Halo now for 2 days I can honestly put my hand on my chest and sing the nationa... I mean put my hand on my chest and sing the words HA... Sorry, what I mean to say is cross my hands, hair, limbs, organs and anything else that belongs to me and say that "Halo is the best game that I have every played". Forget everything you are doing and buy an Xbox and this game right now as you will never look on life in the same way again! Gaming just got a whole lot better and until 'Halo 2' is released we can sing the praises of this game out loud to every person on this forum and around the world. "Master Chief for president, Master Chief for president, Master Chief for presi..." sorry, there’s me getting carried away again.

If you can take all of what I have said and all of this next sentence together I hope that you will come to this conclusion, "Buy this game now, forget breathing, walking etc because they can wait, wait for another day but as for playing 'HALO' both the 'Master Chief' and I order you to buy this game now as the whole of the human race is relying on you, Do not Disappoint!

Over and OUT!
Sat 22/06/02 at 09:31
Regular
Yes co-op game is excellent, but you gotta get some mates round! Play the really good multiplayer options such as CTF, CTF Pro, King of the hill. the are brillaint
Mon 17/06/02 at 22:23
Regular
I have played RalliSport and it is a superb racing experience, but at the moment Halo is my number 1 priority and boy is it good!
Mon 17/06/02 at 22:06
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
er-no wrote:
> Also, Bungie were originally developers for the Mac, so in a way I am buying a Macintosh product (Halo).

Great Justificaton. And its good to see that you are giving the console a go, even though you loath the company behind it.
Mon 17/06/02 at 21:55
Regular
"everyone says it"
Mantis wrote:
> 100 inch! Geez thats big. You gotta get a good sound set up to go
> with that though. I played Halo on my mates 32" with Dolby 5.1
> set up, it was nothing short of amazing.
>
> er-no buying MS products? Whats next... :)

It was very very very cheap.

Also, Bungie were originally developers for the Mac, so in a way I am buying a Macintosh product (Halo).

I still rule, and this black box behind me... well, its being given a chance.
Mon 17/06/02 at 21:53
Regular
"everyone says it"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Have you tried the co-op mode yet er-no ? Its an excellent
> experience. To get the most out of that mode you want to at least
> play on Heroic, unless of course your partner really sucks. ;-))

Completed four of the missions on legendary.

The others I got annoyed at as the levels were actually too big on first play.. I got bored and blew myself up.
Mon 17/06/02 at 21:51
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
100 inch! Geez thats big. You gotta get a good sound set up to go with that though. I played Halo on my mates 32" with Dolby 5.1 set up, it was nothing short of amazing.

er-no buying MS products? Whats next... :)
Mon 17/06/02 at 21:47
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Have you tried the co-op mode yet er-no ? Its an excellent experience. To get the most out of that mode you want to at least play on Heroic, unless of course your partner really sucks. ;-))
Mon 17/06/02 at 21:41
Regular
"everyone says it"
I brought the XBox for Halo last week.

Completed it now, last bit was great but I still felt that the hype surrounding the game damaged it.

I suppose I will have fun playing it on the projector in college on Wednesday..

100'' on the wall.

*drools.
Mon 17/06/02 at 21:02
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Another satisfied Xbox customer.

An with that extra controller you can now get a mate round and play co-operative as it's twice the fun and you really do need that extra firepower on Legendary.

It's good to see your games arrived, coz mine havn't. And judging by the way the that post was written I don't even think you have tried Rallisport yet.

Enjoy.
Mon 17/06/02 at 20:22
Regular
I didn't get Halo when I got my Xbox due to a lack of cash and with the Microsoft offer I was prepared to wait. The game was worth every minute of the wait and it is by far the greatest game ever! Anyone who does not own an Xbox it is worth getting one just to play this game, rock on Halo 2!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.