GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How DARE you."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/06/02 at 21:47
Regular
I cannot believe what I just witnessed in Pikmin, I knew leaving the Pikmin behind will cause them to die but this was awful. There I was, hoping everyone was safe, watching the cut scene of the ships taking off and what's that? It is a little blue Pikmin running desperatly to reach the ships in time, as they flew off he fell over just missing the oppertunity to make it and just as that happened a giant frog came from behind and ate him...

It nearly brought a tear to my eye, the poor thing, it tried to make it back... I couldn't save it, I should have payed more attention.... IT WASN'T MY FAULT!
Thu 20/06/02 at 13:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I just went for it, unfortunately it looks to be my wrong doing.
Thu 20/06/02 at 13:07
Regular
I finished with 6 days to spare.

Still, by scouting the area with practice days (usually happened when I'd get to a piece, only for all my red Pikmin to drown or my blues burn), I often got 2 pieces at a time.

There were atleast 2 days where I got no pieces at all and just prepared the way for other pieces.
Thu 20/06/02 at 12:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive got 5 days left and ive got 9 ship parts left, lets just say multitasking is going to be my phrase of the week.
Thu 20/06/02 at 12:41
Regular
Go and ruin it for them why don't you! ;-D

Anyway, although I don't envy the reds having to attack that beast, it's those poor suicide bomber yellows that get the raw deal!

No water around so the lucky blues get to stay in bed!

I would give you a sort of guide to beating it but I'd hate to ruin it for people who want to do it themselves.
If a fair number of people have gotten that far then say and I'll post my tips.
Wed 19/06/02 at 22:00
Regular
Oh god! The final boss, I was so unprepared! I was getting ready to attack him when he opened his mouth and I thought “Heh, just like the ladybird things, I’ll just nip round the back now and kick his butt” but then to my horror his tounge came out and whipped up not one, not two, not even three, but eighty Pikmin! EIGHTY! All eighty of my lovely red Pikmin, which I cared for and raised so lovingly into flower Pikmin, gone in a bite! Needless to say I ressurected them with the magic of the reset button :D
I was so devestated I have been unable to play it anymore today, as my guilty conscience taunts me, telling me I will make the same mistakes again and kill all of those innocent creatures.
Wed 19/06/02 at 11:07
Regular
Got the game back last night.

Done and dusted with 6 days to spare.
And without giving too much away, this time when I left the Pikmin behind, THEY weren't the ones to get eaten! :-)

(It's so satisfying).

A short game but damn sweet.

Now why can't they have made it long and sweet?
I mean it's miniscule!!!!!
Tue 18/06/02 at 23:47
Regular
They don't work in groups without communicating with eachother, they use tellaphy kyle... WONDERBOY!
Tue 18/06/02 at 23:14
Regular
"Selected"
Dringo wrote:
> I tell you what was sad... fighting that big spider bug thing you need
> the yellow Pikmin for, i had so many too many that 40 dies in minutes.
> I had just ten left which was enough to control and defeat it... i
> came back there and found children of the dead Pikmin.... what am i to
> say when they ask where their Mummy and Daddy are?

Well the Yellow and Red Pikmin don't have mouths so thats not a problem. And blue Pikmin can't talk so thats a bonus I guess.

My favorite past time at the end of a long hard day is to take 20 or so blue Pikmin to the sea side for a quick dip.
Tue 18/06/02 at 22:58
Regular
I tell you what was sad... fighting that big spider bug thing you need the yellow Pikmin for, i had so many too many that 40 dies in minutes. I had just ten left which was enough to control and defeat it... i came back there and found children of the dead Pikmin.... what am i to say when they ask where their Mummy and Daddy are?
Tue 18/06/02 at 21:53
Regular
I think you need to write into Deidre from the Sun...I'll provide a template...

SR Forums
http.
www.
GAD 1WON

Dear Deidre,
I,........(your name e.g.Dringo), have a terrible problem.
See, I,..........(your name e.g.Deidre) purchased a game for my Gamecube called Pikmin which is causing me sleepless nights, tears and emotional problems and I am not sure what to do.
I try to take it out my mates at the SR Forums but I discovered they are having the same problems too *sob, sob*. My Pikmin are dying, some are left behind by ship captains, others drowning by brutally falling down narrow edges.
Please could you try and help me,.........(your name e.g.Shigeru Miyamoto), to try and get over my strong feelings for those little guys.
Yours Truly,
..........(name e.g.Miranda, 21 from Bolton wanting job as Page 3 girl)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.