GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Frame rates VS Features"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/06/02 at 20:53
Regular
OK, heres the deal, I want a high performing Graphics card for a reasonable price that will not be tested for years, £120 or less would be nice. Apparently the GeForce4 MX460 will give me higher frame rates than a GF3 Ti200 *BUT* it does not have all those gizmos to take pressure off ur CPU (vertex, pixel shaders etc.) although would this really matter on an ATHLON XP 1700+

It is also very important to me that the performance and resolution when using the TV-OUT is good because I plan to plug my PC into a TV regularly for a variety of tasks.

I need advice on which one to get and why...

(pros and cons of each card would be nice)
Mon 17/06/02 at 10:58
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> Groan, really sorry but I'm just too tired to undertake a great big
> writing session on graphics cards. Maybe later. Or maybe Cipro can
> help out instead. ;)

I wish I could help, but I can never get a 3D card as good as a GeForce 4, simply because my motherboard doesn't have the right slots to fit them. I have to make do with a GF2 until I get a brand new MB later this year.
Mon 17/06/02 at 10:47
"High polygon count"
I have a GeForce3 with a P4 1700 and it handles everything I throw at it.

Currently playing SoF2 at 1024x768 with all details maxed and FSAA enabled, with no slowdown.
Mon 17/06/02 at 10:38
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Groan, really sorry but I'm just too tired to undertake a great big writing session on graphics cards. Maybe later. Or maybe Cipro can help out instead. ;)
Sun 16/06/02 at 20:53
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
OK, heres the deal, I want a high performing Graphics card for a reasonable price that will not be tested for years, £120 or less would be nice. Apparently the GeForce4 MX460 will give me higher frame rates than a GF3 Ti200 *BUT* it does not have all those gizmos to take pressure off ur CPU (vertex, pixel shaders etc.) although would this really matter on an ATHLON XP 1700+

It is also very important to me that the performance and resolution when using the TV-OUT is good because I plan to plug my PC into a TV regularly for a variety of tasks.

I need advice on which one to get and why...

(pros and cons of each card would be nice)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.