GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ferdinand handed first international goal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/06/02 at 11:54
Regular
TAKEN FROM NTL:HOME

Rio Ferdinand has his first international goal after Fifa credited him with the opener in England's 3-0 win over Denmark.

The Leeds defender's fifth-minute header, which was going wide, was bundled into the net by Danish goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen.

However, Fifa decided to award Ferdinand the goal after their Technical Study Group (TSG), who adjudicate in such matters, watched video tapes of the incident.

Keith Cooper, Fifa director of communications, said: "Own goals still exist, but when in doubt we like to think positive and if it is 50-50 then we will go with the attacking player.

"It was an attempt on goal that was deflected in, but that happens all the time in football."

Ferdinand said: "It wasn't one of the best headers, but it was nice that it was awarded to me.

"To score so early in the game was brilliant and for it to be me was the icing on the cake. You dream about things like that and luckily enough I've been able to live out a dream."

Told you it was rio's goal.
Tue 18/06/02 at 16:58
"Darkness, always"
Heh. Ferdinand's header was on target, the keeper attempted to stop it and failed. I don't see what the problem is. It's his goal.
Tue 18/06/02 at 16:55
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Had a quid on Rio at 40-1! It wasn't a goal though but thank FIFA they gave it!
Sun 16/06/02 at 14:16
Quinty wrote:
> Yeah, dont really know what Fifa are playing at.
>
> The ball was clearly going wide, in fact not even remotly close to
> going in. And a typical Reynolds post as well. Everyone knows it was
> an O.G.

Everyone except Fifa and they are the ones that count in the end
Sun 16/06/02 at 14:12
Regular
Yeah, dont really know what Fifa are playing at.

The ball was clearly going wide, in fact not even remotly close to going in. And a typical Reynolds post as well. Everyone knows it was an O.G.
Sun 16/06/02 at 14:06
Normally if it comes off the keeper it is given you really get an O.G. from a keeper and it clearly deflected off the keeper had it been a defender then i think it would have been an O.G.
Anyway congrats to Ferdinand both central defenders have now got goals.
Sun 16/06/02 at 13:13
Regular
What a Joke, his header would never have gone in the goal unless it hit someone else.

I would be ashamed to claim that as a goal even if it was his first international goal.
Sun 16/06/02 at 12:11
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
He is a bit lucky there as it was going wide and the bookies said it was an own goal costing punters who betted on him scoring scoring first at odds of 40-1.
Sun 16/06/02 at 12:09
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yeh it seems the Fifa Officials have chnaged it..

It's all a bit silly really, because it was nowhere near Rio's goal, if his header was going anywhere near the goal then I would have agreed to give him the goal, but his header was going across the goal area and if no players were there inc the keeper, that ball would have harmlessly gone across the face of the goal.

Therefore the Goalkeeper tried to grab the ball but it was like a bar of soap in his hands and he put the ball in the goal, not Rio.

It should have been credited as an own goal, but anyway who cares we are through thats what counts we are playing great at the moment Rio's a rock at the Back, Butty's breaking up a lot of the play in the middle aswell as creating for others and Owen'Heskey have started scoring again..

Bring on Brasil!
Sun 16/06/02 at 11:54
Regular
"England skipper"
TAKEN FROM NTL:HOME

Rio Ferdinand has his first international goal after Fifa credited him with the opener in England's 3-0 win over Denmark.

The Leeds defender's fifth-minute header, which was going wide, was bundled into the net by Danish goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen.

However, Fifa decided to award Ferdinand the goal after their Technical Study Group (TSG), who adjudicate in such matters, watched video tapes of the incident.

Keith Cooper, Fifa director of communications, said: "Own goals still exist, but when in doubt we like to think positive and if it is 50-50 then we will go with the attacking player.

"It was an attempt on goal that was deflected in, but that happens all the time in football."

Ferdinand said: "It wasn't one of the best headers, but it was nice that it was awarded to me.

"To score so early in the game was brilliant and for it to be me was the icing on the cake. You dream about things like that and luckily enough I've been able to live out a dream."

Told you it was rio's goal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.