GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Outlook express again"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/06/02 at 21:15
Regular
How do i retrieve an old address
Sat 15/06/02 at 21:15
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
How do i retrieve an old address
Tue 18/06/02 at 21:54
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
What do you mean by "old address", then?
Wed 19/06/02 at 11:32
Regular
Do you mean to retrieve your address book from an old hard drive or system? if so then the address book will be named ?????.cab all you have to do is find that on the source drive\system and go to import - address book in outlook express on the destination system.

hope that helped, but as you havent given much details i can only guess that is what you want to do.

c.b.
Wed 19/06/02 at 23:57
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
i had an freeserve email addressw which i used outlook express to recieve my mail. I then got a new pc. When i set up the interent connection i had to make a new email addy. I dont know how to revieve emails from my old address then. sorry about the confusion
Thu 20/06/02 at 00:42
Regular
"relocated"
Try:
http://www.freeserve.com/help/email/ freeserveemailsettings/oe5easysettings.htm [spaces!]
Thu 20/06/02 at 00:43
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
okay what you need to do is go to the tools menu.

Now click on "accounts..." at the bottom.

A little window will come up which lists all your OE accounty things. On the right are loads of buttons. Click on the "add >" button and select "mail.." from the resulting drop down menu.

Now you've got to type a display name, which is entirely up to you, for instance "Alex freeserve" or some such other phrase. Click next.

Now type in what the old address was, in full. For instance "[email protected]" or whatever it was.

Click next again and you come to the difficult part. Now I'm not to sure about freeserve mail servers but from memory I think you want to type the following:

Incoming mail - pop3.freeserve.com
Outgoing - smtp.freeserve.com

but I'll go and check that after I post this reply.

Click next and type in whatever your username was - this is whatever comes before the @ symbol in the address. And your password is whatever password you used to access that address.

And that's it all done.

If you want to get your address book, or old e-mails off your old Outlook express then just ask because that's not too difficult to do either.
Thu 20/06/02 at 00:46
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Okay I was almost right... You want pop.freeserve.com NOT pop3.freeserve.com, the other one was fine though.
Thu 20/06/02 at 13:32
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
thnaks before i try this will this delete my current email add or currupt it in any way
Thu 20/06/02 at 13:48
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
No, no it won't harm anything.

It's adding something rather than deleting or changing anything.

If it doesn't work then you can get rid of it easily enough.
Thu 20/06/02 at 13:57
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
No it hasn't worked. when i want to recieve an email it would bring up a little box with my user name and password. it is all correct and when i click ok it comes coming back up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.