GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Editing the Future?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/11/00 at 22:36
Regular
It's great when you go and play your gaming creation, but if it doesn't work, all your hard work doesn't pay off. How about easy editing, where you just create and play?
I think editors could have a future.
They expand the lifespan of games. Ever wanted to make your own Perfect Dark level or Driver level.
You could if editors get a say in it.

But still let all the hard work from the publishers and developers, than they can let you download a editor for you to use.
Getting us to make levels, get's us involved in gaming.
But building your own level needs to be more simpler, a bit like the F-Zero X one on the 64DD.
Sat 29/03/08 at 20:21
Regular
Any ideas on how to get into the circuit board on a seedoo sea scooter classic .... Thanks for any help .. ,,,,, Tony ,,,,,,
Thu 02/11/00 at 23:31
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Editing is a good idea and has been an available option on many PC titles (mainly strategy games). The one thing that tends to always happen though is that a player will think "I'm gonna make my own level !" and then once they go onto the editor they are faced with loads of different tools - then of course theres the part of sitting for ages building this new level. Some are patient enough to do it whereas others aren't. With all the new consoles that are arriving having online capabilities, it'd be nice to have web sites created where players can add the levels they have created and download other peoples. That way players that don't want to sit and create levels can just download new ones while the people that want to be creative can do so and share their hours of work with other people :-)
It'd be nice if the companies could also add new levels for players to download too as this would further add longevity - Maybe also adding other extras such as units if it is a strategy game, or if the game were to be F-Zero as you came up with, maybe they could add some more racers to download to your game :-) There could also be an editor for players to make their own units, racers etc. Maybe a site could have different parts, weapons and colour variations for players to use. So if say you wanted to build your own F-Zero racer you could goto the site, download any new parts that have been added to it, then goto an editor within the game and build your own racer from the various parts like boosters, frames, cockpits, etc. I agree that editors have a big future if someone is willing to look further into them :-) At the moment, most are limited or way too time consuming to keep someones attention for long. Wrestling games tend to have them but they are very limited and you can only ever seem to make freaks rather than your own great looking wrestler. But if the companies are willing to look into it and create these sites for games with editing options, then we could be in for much better and longer lasting games :-) Heres hoping huh ?
Thu 02/11/00 at 22:36
Regular
It's great when you go and play your gaming creation, but if it doesn't work, all your hard work doesn't pay off. How about easy editing, where you just create and play?
I think editors could have a future.
They expand the lifespan of games. Ever wanted to make your own Perfect Dark level or Driver level.
You could if editors get a say in it.

But still let all the hard work from the publishers and developers, than they can let you download a editor for you to use.
Getting us to make levels, get's us involved in gaming.
But building your own level needs to be more simpler, a bit like the F-Zero X one on the 64DD.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.