GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hurts like what pain does"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/03/08 at 22:11
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
So i had this injury on my big toe from football, anyway, the lady came today to take a look and said "itll need more recovery in the summer when we operate, but for now i can remove a bit of the nail down the side. it wont hurt too much"

So basically, she cut my nail down toward the toe, like |-| if thats a toe, then down the | | not across the - like you would normally. So she could put in some silver nitrate, which "is gonna sting a bit"

Anyway, i was not lookin at the cutty, and was thinking, but didnt say "hm, this hurts a lot more than she said it would. ouch please." didnt say, lest i look like a big girl.

Afterwards she said "well, you were so good i went a little further, nearly as far as we will in the summer, but then you'll have anaesthetic"

Thatll teach me to stay quiet during pain >_>

then was the silver nitrate. it stung like salt in wounds should sting.

But afterwards i found I had a beer left. So that was good.
Fri 28/03/08 at 22:11
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
So i had this injury on my big toe from football, anyway, the lady came today to take a look and said "itll need more recovery in the summer when we operate, but for now i can remove a bit of the nail down the side. it wont hurt too much"

So basically, she cut my nail down toward the toe, like |-| if thats a toe, then down the | | not across the - like you would normally. So she could put in some silver nitrate, which "is gonna sting a bit"

Anyway, i was not lookin at the cutty, and was thinking, but didnt say "hm, this hurts a lot more than she said it would. ouch please." didnt say, lest i look like a big girl.

Afterwards she said "well, you were so good i went a little further, nearly as far as we will in the summer, but then you'll have anaesthetic"

Thatll teach me to stay quiet during pain >_>

then was the silver nitrate. it stung like salt in wounds should sting.

But afterwards i found I had a beer left. So that was good.
Fri 28/03/08 at 22:38
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Pfft! Big girl. Try having a needle put in your spine
Fri 28/03/08 at 22:44
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Nin wrote:
> Pfft! Big girl. Try having a needle put in your spine

no :(
Sat 29/03/08 at 00:02
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Sounds similar to what they do for ingrowing nails, which I've had done twice. Yay.

The first time, the doctor came in singing, stumbled over, then made a joke that he'd had too much to drink at lunch time but I have my doubts that he was joking. I remember posting this in the old PCGWLT, that must be about 5 years ago now o_O
Suffice to say it hurt. The second time was done because, shock horror, the first time didn't work, but it didn't hurt as much.
Sat 29/03/08 at 01:55
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Sounds similar to what they do for ingrowing nails, which I've
> had done twice. Yay.

Aye, i beleive thats what they are wanting to prevent with this, coz my nail got buggered and began growing oddly.

Ronaldo never had this problem. Maybe i need better skills and silly hair
Sat 29/03/08 at 02:00
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Ouch, sound painful.

When my foot was at its worst and the district nurses were changing the dressings every third day it always involved many tears and a good few minutes of me gritting my teeth and this was with me on the maximum allowed dosage of tramadol and diclofenac. Bad times.
Mon 31/03/08 at 11:00
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I recall having my ingrowing toenails done (actually I was recovering from that operation I started talking on here, rather than uing the site for game walkthrouhs and cheats).

I can rememeber him sticking the needle in between my big toe and second toe and feeling what you would imagine a flaming arrow would feel like. I didn't flinch (big mistake) and the surgeon was saying "you're the first person never to have made a sound doing this - can you feel it?"

Yes. Yes I can feel it. The reason you didn't hear a sound is because I'm biting my lip as it hurts so much.

The thing was, he kept talkng about how good I was that he just left the needle in there. I think the thought that went through my mind when he said "are you ok?" was something along the line "yes I'm fine, I know what I'm going to be doing with that needle if you don't remove it in the next 5 seconds...and YOU aren't going to like it!"

But I'd go through that again no problem if it was that or an endoscopy :/
Mon 31/03/08 at 18:36
"The DEPRESSOR"
Im a soldier i've seen guys with there @#$# removed and put in their mouths so a toe is nothing!!!!!!!!
Tue 01/04/08 at 16:11
"Was the man of marz"
Vampyr wrote:
> Aye, i beleive thats what they are wanting to prevent with this,
> coz my nail got buggered and began growing oddly.

The same thing happened to me, when I put my foot where the ball was, as someone else back heeled it. I had a crack all the way down my big toe nail, that I decided to leave which proved a mistake, as playing basketball it got trodden on and became loose. I pulled it off revealing a toenail that had already grown half way up then inwards.

I bravely pulled (or more like cut) that off/out, then the next one grew three thirds of the way up before also becoming ingrown, so I trimmed it back and now it's more or less fine. I mean there is a slight curve at the top, but I avoided a trip to my patronising GP, and there's now no pain or blood.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.