GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stone Cold is finally fired (thank God!)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/06/02 at 00:49
Regular
Taken from wwe.com:

"On March 18, 2002, the day after WrestleMania, without company approval and without notice, Stone Cold Steve Austin walked off the job and failed to appear at WWE’s Raw show in Montreal. Stone Cold Steve Austin was advised by WWE management that this was unprofessional and unacceptable. After a two week hiatus, Austin returned to work.

On Monday, June 10, 2002, Stone Cold Steve Austin again failed to appear for the scheduled Raw event in Atlanta, instead choosing to return home to San Antonio without notice and without company approval.

Although Steve was unhappy with his character’s creative direction, Steve made the personal and unprofessional decision not to report to work to address his concerns.

Therefore, Stone Cold Steve Austin is no longer an active member of WWE’s talent roster."

Myself, I am happy that he has gone. His gimmick was extremely old and boring and he served no obvious purpose to the WWE except for the historical fan base he had.

Hopefully now, the WWE will realise that The Rock is also boring and get rid of him.
Fri 14/06/02 at 00:49
Regular
".......on the attac"
Taken from wwe.com:

"On March 18, 2002, the day after WrestleMania, without company approval and without notice, Stone Cold Steve Austin walked off the job and failed to appear at WWE’s Raw show in Montreal. Stone Cold Steve Austin was advised by WWE management that this was unprofessional and unacceptable. After a two week hiatus, Austin returned to work.

On Monday, June 10, 2002, Stone Cold Steve Austin again failed to appear for the scheduled Raw event in Atlanta, instead choosing to return home to San Antonio without notice and without company approval.

Although Steve was unhappy with his character’s creative direction, Steve made the personal and unprofessional decision not to report to work to address his concerns.

Therefore, Stone Cold Steve Austin is no longer an active member of WWE’s talent roster."

Myself, I am happy that he has gone. His gimmick was extremely old and boring and he served no obvious purpose to the WWE except for the historical fan base he had.

Hopefully now, the WWE will realise that The Rock is also boring and get rid of him.
Fri 14/06/02 at 11:25
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
There are rumours that the WWF could use this as an angle for yet another Austin V WWF battle. Possibly Vince's new buddy Brock Lesnar. At the moment, no one fully knows what is going on. Confidential should be interesting this week as the Austin situation is being discussed there.

If Austin doesn't come back, this may be the main event push for people like RVD.

(The 'F' was delibrate!)
Fri 14/06/02 at 15:14
I actually like Austin. But if he is gone then i wont mind too much, he will probably go unmissed on the whole and the sooner people stop saying "what" the better. WHAT? I said the sooner people stop sayin "what" the better.

This could be a blessing for wrestlers such as RVD and also leaves a space to be filled which could be ideal for Brock Lesnar.

Now that Benoit is on his way back that is abother reason why Austin may not be missed. You say Austins character is old and boring, but it still works and the beer drinking s.o.b is still one of the WWE's biggest draws!
Fri 14/06/02 at 16:48
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
Lord H wrote:

>
> Hopefully now, the WWE will realise that The Rock is also boring and
> get rid of him.

How dare you say get rid of the Rock. How in the blue hell is he boring. Well, I think Chris Jericho and The Undertaker are boring.
Fri 14/06/02 at 16:48
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
AUSTIN'S GONE!

*Cheers*

*Keeps cheering*
Fri 14/06/02 at 18:19
Regular
"I like cheese"
The Dark one wrote:
> Lord H wrote:
>
>
> Hopefully now, the WWE will realise that The Rock is also boring and
> get rid of him.
>
> How dare you say get rid of the Rock. How in the blue hell is he
> boring. Well, I think Chris Jericho and The Undertaker are boring.

Rock has lots of charisma, but Jericho is by far and away a more entertaining wrestler. Not sure about Taker though.
Fri 14/06/02 at 18:21
Regular
"I like cheese"
Rock's basically gone anyway.

So now Rock and Austin are both gone...who fills their place? You could say people like Angle and Jericho, because both still have years ahead of them, but currently they're heels and won't have the same draw rate. Triple H? I think he's better as a heel. Undertaker? Too old.

Hopefully people like Kane and RVD and Scotty can get a push thanks to this. {:)
Fri 14/06/02 at 18:29
Regular
Just because The Rock is getting around 5 Film Contracts a month dosen't mean he has gone.

People like RVD, Booker T wil fill his boots.
Fri 14/06/02 at 20:02
Regular
"Where's SR?"
Is this true or just a storyline?
Fri 14/06/02 at 20:49
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
So am I to be the only one going to defend the Rock then? Looks like.

He's a great wrestler/entertainer and brings a lot to the company, in the ring out of it, he's a great all rounder how could anyone think different. The only thing I will give you about the Rock is the fact the he needs to turn heel, it is something I want for a start (nobody start on that if he's a face then he will get more movies crap either because I know).

He jobs, he doesn't moan or groan he does things as he's told. Have you ever heard of the Rock using his backstage power? Didn't think so. Have you ever know him to moan because he's not in the top storyline or just generally disapointed about something? Exactly. When he HHH and Austin were all faces and the top guys in the business he never complained once to get the best results, matches, stories, he just waited his turn. At time I did think he should complain a little instead of letting big heads like Austin get their way all the time.

No wonder he's heading for Hollywood, damn, I want him back.

Plus he's the ONLY wrestler to have a PPV named after him, I know that's not really a reason but it's still worth mentioning I think. :0)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.