GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHY AM I NOT GETTING A LETTER FROM SONY!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/11/00 at 20:09
Regular
I pre-ordered my PS2 on Saturday, and I still haven't got a letter!!
Hopefully it'll come tomorrow. Hopefully...
Sat 04/11/00 at 21:57
No problem Ant, glad to be of help to you. If you need to ask me anything, post it in a forum, and Ill gladly reply mate.
Fri 03/11/00 at 21:00
i know its a disgrace we europeans being the guinea pigs for sony europes pre order scheme. but dont think you're alone many of my mates haven't recieved anything from sony either
Fri 03/11/00 at 20:00
Regular
"I like cheese"
I thought that as well, but thanks to my good mate Damo, he told me about theslammer.com, who have only just started their pre-ordering service. And anyway, I'm mostly aiming for before Christmas.
Thu 02/11/00 at 23:37
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
You reserved your PS2 last saturday Ant ? You could be too late mate ! The people i know that have got their letter reserved their console a few months ago. Shops are only getting so many so people have been jumping in early to make sure they get one. Unless you get lucky, your very unlikely to get one on the release date :-(
I don't know when the next lot will be getting into the country, but the chances are you will be looking at the second batch of them to get yours.
Even if thats the case, I'm sure theres games coming out on any other console you have to keep you busy till your PS2 arrives :-)
Thu 02/11/00 at 21:58
Ant dont worry, the confirmation letter took two weeks to be processed by Sony. If it doesnt come by the end of next week, e-mail Sony customer services and see if they have your details on their system. Try e-mailing theslammer.com also.
Thu 02/11/00 at 21:14
Regular
Didn't get a letter? Maybe they need to use, ant sized paper, and ant writing.
Thu 02/11/00 at 20:21
Regular
Don't laugh so soon.

This means that Sony will have to check their stock, so they don't release any "bad" consoles. Typically, this may take a while. And this has already started to slow down the handing out of PS2's in America, as Sega kindly pointed out.

This may mean another delay for Britain.

I'm not saying there will be, but be ready for it.
Thu 02/11/00 at 20:16
Regular
"I like cheese"
HA HA HA!! Serves the Yanks right for getting it cheaper!!
Hopefully, that won't happen in the UK Launch, and it is unlikely that I will be one ot the few with this problem.
Thu 02/11/00 at 20:13
Regular
Have you read about the PS2's being returned Ant? Not to annoy you or anything...
(Whoops.)

Err, some PS2's have been returned in America because the DVD drive doesn't work, at all.

(I suppose there are a hell of a lot of PS2's with faulty DVD reading, but no-ones noticed it yet because they're all playing old games on it!)

You said it. Not me.
Thu 02/11/00 at 20:09
Regular
"I like cheese"
I pre-ordered my PS2 on Saturday, and I still haven't got a letter!!
Hopefully it'll come tomorrow. Hopefully...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.