GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big Fat DVD night"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/06/02 at 18:07
Regular
Yup you've probably guessed it already, this weekend me and some mates are having a big fat DVD night with lots of DVD's, drink and general stupid blokeness.

So I would like some recomendations pwease.

We thinking we can last about 4 DVD's max throughout the night inbetween other stuff we're going to be doing (stop thinking those thoughts! I meant pool/gaming whatever we can be bothered to do) This is the list we were thinking off after a quick brainstorm while in the pub of some DVD's out.

From Hell
Traffic
Ali G (ain't out yet I know but we can get it)
And something else we decide to pickup, maybe Spy something, can't remember the damn title now. (I'm such an amatuer)

So what do you think, any suggestions? A variety is good, good comedy's would be nice, I like the look of Rat Race but I'm not too sure about that and I don't think it's out yet anyway is it?

So go on you DVD loving people, show me the way of the umm force. (That reminds me, no Star Wars/Trek or similar Sci Fi crap)
Fri 14/06/02 at 13:54
"Darth Vader 3442321"
And yes I know you said NO Sci-fi but you must see this film. I insist.
Fri 14/06/02 at 13:52
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Get Pitch Black for the Sci-fi, it is awesome. A great lads movie. Personaly I hate spoof films (why are they being recommended?) as the are the lowest and simplest form of "humour". Just don't get any! It's easy to spoof something and it takes very little effort to do because the work has been done creating the original. Quite like a lot of the "hilarious" postings in this forum. Star Wars 7, Spam Hard etc. Perhaps the least funny things I have ever read apart from the Yellow Pages.
Thu 13/06/02 at 22:30
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
That it is, thing is we've all seen it. We've seen the original and both American Pie's too. We need american no brainer claptrap!

We've seen Dude! Where's My Car? Too.

We have Ali G so maybe J and Silent Bob it is then.
Thu 13/06/02 at 22:17
Regular
How about Rush Hour 2? Mindless comedy. Excellent.
Thu 13/06/02 at 22:15
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I was telling my mates the exact same thing. We need no brainer films, I can't deal with my mates thinking, that's just too much.

I suppose we need a Fast and the Furious film for this venture. Keep em' comin' guys.

Remember we don't want to try and understand we just want either lots of action, comedy or big cars. Go go!

(Votta. Samuel J in a kilt, I'm not thinking anything. Honest :0))

Spy games is pants then?
Thu 13/06/02 at 20:12
Regular
Jay & Silent Bob Strike back is soooo funny get that, don't get Rat Race it sucks so much a$s.

Should get a Horror as well preferably not Jeepers Creepers something gory with tons of killings casue that's the sort of thing you wanna see when ya drunk, try Friday the 13th or Hellraiser. They're old but they're soooo good.

Scary Movie 2's pretty good, nothing that's gonna set the world on fire but it's easy watching.
Thu 13/06/02 at 19:06
Regular
"That's right!"
Talky/boring films and beer and mates do NOT mix

Get an action, horror or comedy. Something with as little plot and dialogue as possible
Thu 13/06/02 at 19:01
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Stryke wrote:
> Possibly Spy Game, with Brad Pitt and Rob Redford? Yeah, good film.

I thought it sucked. It's boring, and even worse if you're watching it with beer and mates.

Don't do it, it's not worth it, Starlight!
Thu 13/06/02 at 19:00
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Hmmmm.....fun films.

I'd recommend The 51st State. I've not seen it myself yet but it's got Samuel L Jackson wearing a kilt. Gotta be worth it just for that. OI! Now YOU stop thinking those thoughts!! :-D

Get a Van Damme film. They're always funny, especially when watching them with mates.

Oh and Jeepers Creepers. That ranks highly among the funniest films I've seen. I've can't wait for the sequel!

And Planes, Trains and Automobiles is hilarious too. You may have seen it but it doesn't matter. It never gets boring.

That's me all out of ideas now. Too much thinking in a day can cause a brain overload which can lead to heart failure. Really.
Thu 13/06/02 at 18:44
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Rat Race is alright.

Get Almost Famous. Because it rocks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.