GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is this meaning"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/03/08 at 22:51
Regular
"FCC tru G"
Taken from my Netgear DG834N:

Connection Speed Downstream 6240 kbps Upstream 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 20.0 / db 12.0 db
Noise Margin 14.2 db / 22.0 db

Good or Bad??

Speedtests coming in at around 2Mb and 350 up.

Just replaced the tel ex wire from the master socket to the first extension where the router is plugged in with this http://www.homestead.co.uk/productcategorydetail.aspx?categoryid=51028 (as it runs outside)
Sat 29/03/08 at 10:23
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
As of the 10th March BT were reporting that your exchange was experiencing some congestion on the virtual paths. Now knowing BT I bet that they haven't fixed this yet so that won't be helping you!
Sat 29/03/08 at 09:09
"Are you sure?"
McGyver wrote:
> Id pay BT £10 if that Speedtester site ever worked. Well I
> wired in 2 3 4 5 evn though 2 and 5 are only required. Cant see
> it being internal wiring as I just unplugged the whole house and
> wired in 1 new socket. Still download speeds at about 2 / 3Mb
> here is the reading today:

It doesn't sound like a stuck profile if you are now seeing download speeds of 3Mb rather than the 2Mb you reported before.

The BT site will work eventually you just have to persevere - try different times of day. Also make sure your Java install is up to date. If you have a different PC to use try that.
If you do have a stuck IP Profile then the info from the test is quite important.

"wired in 2 3 4 5 evn though 2 and 5 are only required"

The non-essential wires, especially 3 which causes an 'unbalanced pair' will affect your SNR and reduce your sync speed. What results did you get using the 'test' socket behind the removable faceplate?

Does your line lose sync at any time as this will also affect your IP Profile?

I see you post quite late in the evening.
It's also worth checking the current speed of the Freeola Central Pipe you are using when you see your 2/3Mb speeds: www.hmmm.ip3.co.uk/enta-centrals.shtml.
Also, even if the 'available' speed looks ok that's still a busy time of day for all providers so there may be some congestion at your exchange. Can you test your speeds mid-morning to see if things are better?

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 28/03/08 at 21:26
Regular
"FCC tru G"
Hmmm... wrote:
> With that attenuation you should be able to manage the full
> 8128!
>
> Try plugging directly in to the 'test' socket behind the
> removable master socket faceplate and see what the connection
> speed (sync) is there.
>
> If it improves then it shows your wiring is affecting things -
> remember you don't need the bell wire connected (term 3), just
> leave terminals 2 and 5 connected in all your home wiring.
>
> Tips here:
> www.hmmm.ip3.co.uk/adslmax/
>
> Try the BT
> Speedtester
to see what your IP Profile is currently as
> things should improve a lot if it's not stuck at 2Mb.

Id pay BT £10 if that Speedtester site ever worked. Well I wired in 2 3 4 5 evn though 2 and 5 are only required. Cant see it being internal wiring as I just unplugged the whole house and wired in 1 new socket. Still download speeds at about 2 / 3Mb here is the reading today:

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 6432 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 20.0 db 12.0 db
Noise Margin 13.6 db 23.0 db
Fri 28/03/08 at 08:47
"Are you sure?"
With that attenuation you should be able to manage the full 8128!

Try plugging directly in to the 'test' socket behind the removable master socket faceplate and see what the connection speed (sync) is there.

If it improves then it shows your wiring is affecting things - remember you don't need the bell wire connected (term 3), just leave terminals 2 and 5 connected in all your home wiring.

Tips here: www.hmmm.ip3.co.uk/adslmax/

Try the BT Speedtester to see what your IP Profile is currently as things should improve a lot if it's not stuck at 2Mb.
Thu 27/03/08 at 23:52
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
'lo. Sync is about right for where you live. Seems like you have a low profile, check on the BT Speedtest if you can get it to work. If it reports around 2000Kbps and still does in a couple of days then we'll have to ask BT to give you profile a kick.

Staff still?
Thu 27/03/08 at 22:51
Regular
"FCC tru G"
Taken from my Netgear DG834N:

Connection Speed Downstream 6240 kbps Upstream 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 20.0 / db 12.0 db
Noise Margin 14.2 db / 22.0 db

Good or Bad??

Speedtests coming in at around 2Mb and 350 up.

Just replaced the tel ex wire from the master socket to the first extension where the router is plugged in with this http://www.homestead.co.uk/productcategorydetail.aspx?categoryid=51028 (as it runs outside)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.