GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Sony Mascot"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/06/02 at 15:20
Regular
Sony today surprised the console world by revealing a new mascot, a boy-faced monkey. The chimp, known as Tyrone, is perfectly formed in every way except for it's face which is completely hairless, except for eyebrows, and has human facial features. Tyrone can also say a number of works, and had the audience in fits of laughter as he bounced around the stage pointing at ugly women and shrieking "Who let the dogs out?"

Perhaps the biggest surprise here is that Sony used a boy-faced monkey, rather than the monkey-faced boy that was strongly tipped to be the new mascot. "Apparently Tyrone is the only existing boy-faced monkey though, but monkey-faced boys are ten-a-penny" said a watching Gaz Coombs from Supergrass.

Tyrone will not only be used to promote the Playstation brand, he is also set to star in his own series of games, developed exclusively for Playstation 2 by Sony Studios Liverpool. The first game, set for a Winter release, will be 'Tyrone Goes Bananas', a 3D platformer in which you control Tyrone as he goes searchng for, unsurprisingly, bananas.

When asked how he felt about being a Sony mascot Tyrone became quite excited, and danced to a number of classic Michael Jackson tunes, before shouting "Nintardo" and doing a massive crap.

We approached a Sony spokesperson to ask why they had chosen such a mascot, Giant Haystacks said the following "When we saw Microsoft's giant monkey we knew they were onto a winner, but we think that by going for Tyrone we have raised the stakes. There is no way that Microsoft's giant sweat-ape will be able to beat our chimp!" Haystacks went on to issue a challenge to Microsoft, a giant monkey scrap to take place before the World Cup final. How Microsoft plan to respond is currently unknown.

Nintendo responded to the news with typical arrogance "They are not our direct competitors, they fight for a different market. Anyway, mascots are a thing of the past. We here at Nintendo want to continue to innovate in games. You will be very excited to hear that Donkey Kong will be appearing in a new game soon, which we shall be promoting at the World Cup final." Said Mr Miyagi, whilst trying to catch flies in chopsticks.

In other news Rare have confirmed that they won't be a third party company in the near future. When asked why they had such a limited showing at E3, Rod Hull said "Basically, we couldn't be bothered. We've being doing Starfox Adventures for so long now that we don't think we needed to show anything else, given that we haven't really been working on much else. Except a giant ball made from elastic bands. It bounces just like a bouncy ball" Rod Hull bounced the ball for quite some time before we made our excuses and left.
Tue 18/06/02 at 10:45
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Great post and as for Rod Hull's last words; classic.

I watched a documentary (Louis Theroux) not so long ago about Keith Harris and his fecking green duck Orville. He actually thought that his career had been a failure and that "they" didn't recognise his genius. Every 5 minutes we would see him on the phone to his mum saying "yes you are right they never understood me, no I agree I've been let down".

I think that Roy Chubby Brown summed it up best with his Orville impression: "Sometimes Keith sticks his c*ck in me!".
Thu 13/06/02 at 19:01
Regular
"\\"
well, i cant wait to see tyrone in action (i wanna go see him live cos he sounds fun)
Thu 13/06/02 at 17:30
Regular
Meka Dragon wrote:
"I feel bad for laughing at death, but that IS funny."

Ditto, but that was too excellent a mental image to pass up on.
Thu 13/06/02 at 16:57
Lol, Excellent post meka.

Q. What where Rod Hull's last words?

A."Emu, grab on to that f*cking gutter!"
Thu 13/06/02 at 16:55
Regular
"  "
Heh heh...any way Wave Race isn't all that great...there is better on GC...so erm....well there we have it, it's not that great.
Thu 13/06/02 at 16:19
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Brilliant!

I hope to see more!
Thu 13/06/02 at 15:56
Regular
"not dead"
:oD I feel bad for laughing at death, but that IS funny.
Thu 13/06/02 at 15:51
Regular
I just imagine the noise he made as he fell, and facial expression. He must have fell with his hands near his face too, to emphasise the fear.
Thu 13/06/02 at 15:47
Regular
"not dead"
Maybe they just share a name then....

Rod Hull had a true comedy death though. It's a shame that he died, but honestly, falling off the roof trying to adjust the arial in a storm? The thing is, I imagine he was in his purple suit, with emu on one arm as he did it.
Thu 13/06/02 at 15:44
Regular
Z list celebs are all well and good... but isn't Giant Haystacks and Rod Hull dead? Dead Z list celebs, that's a new one.

Fantastic, all the same. :0D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.