GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reviews"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/06/02 at 14:10
Regular
So I'm looking for something to claim as my extra GAD prize up to £25 pounds and I look around this site at some reviews by users.

Most of them are either 10/10 or 9/10 and no lower then 8/10. Rarely do I see a game below 7. If I did find one rated that i would read that instead of the higher rating ones as I want an honest opinion on the game and it's bad and good points.

By reading these reviews every game comes across as perfect.

So what have I got out of looking at others reviews on this site? Not much at all.

Now if any of you would care to make some reccomendations I would be very happy. Gamecube, PS2, PC, Gameboy Advance.

And no Grix, unfortunatly 'Skies Of Arcadia' is more then £25.
Thu 13/06/02 at 21:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Actually I saw Mr Mosquito quite recently and it was £20 or £25. So if you want it, it might be worth contacting SR and seeing what they say about it. :-)
Thu 13/06/02 at 20:07
Regular
i tend to usually write reveiws for crap games anyway, because i find it more fun to bring out somethings bad points rather than good.
Thu 13/06/02 at 18:54
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Kiiiiiiiiil Your Parents...

One of the songs from rock manager :)
Thu 13/06/02 at 18:49
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Kiiiiiiiiil Your Parents...
Thu 13/06/02 at 17:18
"MMMMM, Chicken"
When writing reviews I try to be as honest as possible and hightlight the good and bad points of a movie/game etc. so that anyone reading can make an informed decision as to what they want.

Rating something out of 10 really doesnt work, as how do you fix a number to it, I think 7 out of ten is good, wheras others may percieve it as being an average score.

It may be better if you were able to choose instead of 1 through ten either, terrible, bad, average, good or excellent. It is a more accurate representation and everyones scores are more constant.

Alternately a table could be shown saying:
1 or 2=Terrible
3 or 4=Bad
5 or 6=Average
7 or 8=Good
9 or 10=Excellent.

That way future review scores will be more accurate, but current review score could be kept and used.
Thu 13/06/02 at 17:01
Regular
"\\"
cookie monster wrote:
> I noticed Doom on the GBA and GTA 3 on the
> PC.

actually gta 3 for the pc is about one quid more than £25
Thu 13/06/02 at 17:00
Regular
"  "
If you haven't got GT3 for PS2 then get it...you should already dam well have it..:D
anyway the reason most give games good reviews is because people inly write reviews about games they like....so if they like it they give it a high score...i think any way....and remember..GT3
Thu 13/06/02 at 16:35
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Yeah its because SR are unlikely to pick reviews which are criticising
> their products, i can't say i blame them, it makes good business
> sense. Anyway you wouldnt get a game for gamecube for £25 so
> thats out of the window. I noticed Doom on the GBA and GTA 3 on the
> PC.

I beg to differ, take a look at Jurassic Park 3: The DNA Factor on GBA...
Thu 13/06/02 at 16:27
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Ask sr if you can use it as a voucher so you have £25 off the next game oyu buy from them that way you can get the game you really want and only for about a tenner.
Thu 13/06/02 at 16:06
"Uzi Lover"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Thats what I was thinking. :-) For £20 - £25, is there
> a better experience than landing on a Jap girls boobs and sucking them
> (without getting too carried away and getting splattered). ;-))

It's shame SR don't sell it, because I'm willing to try it.

I don't think it would be in the £20 - £25 region though.

I'm thinking of getting GTA 3, though I already have it just because of the MP3 feature...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.