GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"connecting via Dreamweaver"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/03/08 at 22:02
Regular
"one more question"
Hi, I'm currently hosting 3 sites through Freeola that I edit locally on Dreamweaver & upload via FTP. I've recently bought a new laptop & transferred everything across & this may be purely coincidence, everything was working fine until I installed McAfee security suite. When I go to dreamweaver site manager, check the settings & test the connecion I get "Dreamweaver has connected to your webserver successfully" but when I then try to upload files or synchronize I get "server not responding". Anyone having similar problems or can shed any light?
Thu 27/03/08 at 22:02
Regular
"one more question"
Hi, I'm currently hosting 3 sites through Freeola that I edit locally on Dreamweaver & upload via FTP. I've recently bought a new laptop & transferred everything across & this may be purely coincidence, everything was working fine until I installed McAfee security suite. When I go to dreamweaver site manager, check the settings & test the connecion I get "Dreamweaver has connected to your webserver successfully" but when I then try to upload files or synchronize I get "server not responding". Anyone having similar problems or can shed any light?
Thu 27/03/08 at 22:15
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Seen this before! Pretty sure it McAfee causing the problem. Try disabling the Firewall part of the security suite and then try uploading again. If it works then look at the McAfee firewall block reports and you should see something about Dreamweaver in there. There should also be aware to full enable Dreamweaver past the firewall. Sorry I can't help you on the bit, been a few years since I had to use McAfee and I now avoid it if at all possible!
Thu 27/03/08 at 22:39
Regular
"one more question"
You're the man Mr Eccles!!! Followed your advice & I'm back in business. Thank goodness for Chat forums eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.