GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I met a girl..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/06/02 at 23:44
Regular
Fancy hearing a story of the most recent and currently ongoing event in my life, it is probably the most difficult thing I have ever suffered so listen up.

My name is Chris, my best friend is Craig. We look dramatically different and we have many different characteristics, he is a nasty piece of work (trust me he likes it that way) I'm far nicer and forgiving and weather this is my downfall is to be seen. The fact is we get along like anything, ever since my old best friend Simon Edwards (some may remember him as FrEaK oF ThE dArK) stopped talking to me he has been my new aid (although normally the other way round). Moving elsewhere there are twin sisters Helen and Mary Stokes, two people that create mixed reactions amongst the public, many hate them, many love them and many like one and not the other. Craig likes Helen and not so Mary and when his recent love attempt failed his friend suggested he should go after Mary he replied, "I'd rather Helen".

And now it starts:

After a trip to the park (don't ask) Helen tried to be "friendly" with Craig (yep his friend told him he liked her) but Craig was evil to her. He had just tried his love attempt again and fell flat... again and now he was ignoring Helen. Poor girl she must feel rejected and so I decided to step in and hang around with her. This was a mistake as from now on in I like Helen and yes in that way and yet I cannot, what of Craig's true feelings? Well after asking him more times than I care to mention I discover Craig finds her annoying and that he prefers her to Mary but that isn't saying much. And so I see the coast is clear.

Now we have a nice few weeks of exams, nothing untoward until the end of half term, celebrated with a party:

Me and Craig arrived as planned to the party, and yet a surprise guest was the Stoke sisters. Me and Helen as we did at the park hit it off, in fact more so. We talked, we walked off together, we hugged several times, we laughed, drank, and generally had a great time. I was blissfully unaware of the suffering my best friend was feeling, I am unsure if it was jealousy that his best friend had met someone or of that he decided he liked Helen all along. At one point in the party Craig said to me "She is really flirting with you mate, go for it". I thought these were words of encouragement it was in fact Craig throwing in the towel, something I was unaware of. But the Party also had me suffering, another Piranha in the tank Paul Fisher, a nice friend who also flirted with Helen and by the end of it was far more physical than the odd hug I gave her (ok slightly more physical) I was positive I'd lost and hung me head. But all was not lost, her comments to Paul were generally nasty but to me she was as sweet as anything. I was still hopeful of a possible relationship.

Craig meanwhile had said nasty things about Helen in the past, calling her a dog, annoying and wishing to shoot her at paintballing, how is she supposed to like a boy who says these things about her? Helen at this stage does not like Craig.

Now the aftermath of the party:

Craig admitted to me that he still had feelings for Helen and asked me to back off. I would... normally but I have fancied girls before, but this was different, I really was loved up and I wasn't about to let go, I was in too deep. And now an uncomfortable silence fell between the two friends, me and Craig's friendship is feeling the strain. Craig had a lot of catching up to do and so admitted to Janine (a gossip and Helen's friend) that he liked her... What could I do to counter that? Well it was up to my longest running friend to do it for me, not only did he contact Craig and keep our friendship on track he also sent a message via text to Janine asking her to find out what Helen's feelings are for me? Well it looks as if this may be over sooner rather than later. But what of the response? And what of Paul Fisher.

Enter the social gathering at the park:

Here I met Janine and she said she had to talk with me. Craig wasn't there and I spoke to Neal Condor another friend on the state of affairs. He claimed, "Craig doesn't stand a chance" and "Fisher isn't intrested he was just drunk and desperate that night". Craig soon turned up; at this point our friendship is going strong although the tension is still present. He learns also that Paul isn't interested when Paul says "I'm not interested". Janine never got to speak to me, as I had to leave but told Craig "I think you stand the best chance of them all", contradicting Neal completely. And now to this evening, it is just I and Craig, and one girl. Craig is getting hurt from this, for someone who rarely shows pain this must be an incredible burden to take, for me it is extra difficult as I don't think Craig really likes her. I believe it is because I am getting close to a girl, he still claims she is annoying but to me she's perfect and I cannot stop thinking about her.

So what of the future?

Janine is yet to speak to me, Helen's true feelings is still unknown and my future friendship with Craig is looking unstable. This is looking nasty, it could get very bitter and messy, someone’s heart will be broken and if it is me I will be crushed, but if its Craig then I will be there to pick up the pieces, if only he let me. As I said I feel so strongly for this girl and I wrote a song for my band all about her, here is my second draft of this emotional song:

The music’s blaring loudly as I sit alone a while.
You approach me very quietly and I cannot help but smile.
I comment on the garden and are laughter fills the air.
Not being able to kiss you is something I cannot bare.
What could be this feeling that I cannot shake.
Your perfect in every way, you make not one mistake.
Whenever I speak to you my mouth dries with fear.
I follow you like a puppy whenever you are near.

Why can’t I… be like you?
I’d be so happy and not in this mood.
You’re as precious as china and as sweet as a dove.
This feeling I cannot shake could it be love?

I see you laughing and playing, with some other guys.
You say things to me smiling, that I always hope are lies.
Those things you like to say and the way you like to flirt.
You are ignorantly unaware of how much they cut and hurt.
I like to see you happy, it makes me happy too.
Because my life is pointless whenever I’m near you.
You’re as pretty as a flower and you look so fine.
I know it is unlikely but I wish you could be mine.

This feeling I cannot shake could it be love?

-Instrumental-

This feeling I cannot shake could it love?

I'll keep you posted.

Dringo.
Sun 16/06/02 at 19:36
I met a girl once just dont tell anybody ;0)
Sun 16/06/02 at 19:09
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Don't remember Freak Of the Dark, don't think I ever saw him on here, maybe before my time...
Anyway, good luck for tomorrow.
Sun 16/06/02 at 17:12
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> I lost my real best friend last year.
>
> Over what...?

Do you remember FrEaK oF tHe DaRk????? Simon Edwards, its a long story and a different one.

As for this one i've decided to let Craig do his worse as i prepare to hit back on monday when i return to school.
Sat 15/06/02 at 23:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Me called Craig
Sat 15/06/02 at 22:07
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Dringo wrote:
> I lost my real best friend last year.

Over what...?
Sat 15/06/02 at 22:05
Regular
I lost my real best friend last year.
Sat 15/06/02 at 01:58
Regular
"Elvasto the Vast"
Sorry, Craig not Chris! Chris was my best mate when I ..... OOOh! never mind, but 20 years on we're still best mates! You can't ever replace them!
Sat 15/06/02 at 01:56
Regular
"Elvasto the Vast"
So go out and get wrecked with Chris, forget the bint. They're always trouble anyway. I should know.. married with 3 kids! Couldn't recommend that sort of life to anyone, 'cept, perhaps, me!

Seriously, you sound young enough not to let it worry you. Big Ocean, lot's of Fish etc. etc.

Your Best mate is often forgotten in the lust of youth! (Where the hell did that come from????)
Sat 15/06/02 at 00:32
Regular
The good news is that I have a lot of support, and it doesn't look as bad as it was as Craig feels as worried as I do...
Fri 14/06/02 at 22:00
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Well, this kinda stuff is bound to put strain on a frienship... but from your posts it seems (and I'm probably gonna come across as very judgemental here, but what the hell...) that Craig can be a bit of an idiot at times, maybe you're right in saying the events are showing you how good a friend he really is...?

Anyway, still live in hope. And don't get a mobile, they're pointless ;-)

Good Luck.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.