GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand theft auto 3!!! WHEN??????????"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/06/02 at 18:57
Regular
please someone tell me when and if Grand theft auto 3 or 4 is coming out on x-box coz i have heard and seen so many diffirent stories saying that it is coming out and that it isn't coming out so has anyone got any PROOF???????????? please help..............cheers............RABSAS
Sat 15/06/02 at 17:44
Argh well I will still buy the following versions (the add on andgta4) as I wanna see donald love again :)
Fri 14/06/02 at 17:53
Regular
The only reason Poor-Station-2 sold was baecause of GTA3.......I am never going to but a playstation 2, i am going down the road to microsoft and get an xbox =)
Thu 13/06/02 at 11:16
Regular
"cant think of one.."
.....when you get yourself a PS2!
Thu 13/06/02 at 10:26
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
lol yeah good point :)

Well you will see Sony and MS fighting for games like this for a while to come :)
Thu 13/06/02 at 09:57
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> And YH - I didn't hear you calling it stupid when companies were
> announcing Xbox exclusives! :-) If you're going to tie yourself to
> one machine, it surely makes sense to go for the one with the user
> base... ;-p

Ooooh, handbags! :-D

Seriously though, I can understand the reasons behind exclusives, and that's fair enough.

But to tie yourself to one console, and then turn round and say "Yeah, we did this so the maximum number of people can play our game" seems real stupid, as obviously the maximum number of people can't play your game as they don't own the console.
Thu 13/06/02 at 09:46
Regular
I wouldn't have bought it anyway.
At first I thought it was brilliant, but by the time I'd finished it I came to the conclusion that it was all a bit of a mindless game - much more limited than many think.
Wed 12/06/02 at 23:37
"High polygon count"
Exactly, adrian.

It annoying on all fronts, but it's no different to Nintendo signing Resident Evil or MS signing Abe's Oddysee - both of which had already sold millions of copies of previous games in the series on PSone.

And YH - I didn't hear you calling it stupid when companies were announcing Xbox exclusives! :-) If you're going to tie yourself to one machine, it surely makes sense to go for the one with the user base... ;-p
Wed 12/06/02 at 22:44
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Your Honour wrote:
> "We want our best-selling franchise to reach the greatest number
> of consumers."
>
>
> So surely that would mean releasing the game across all platforms, not
> just one.
>
> The combined sales of Xbox and GC is around 7 million units. So
> they're missing out on a (possible) 7 million sales of their
> software.
>
> Seems a bit stupid to me...

Well what they really mean is "Sony have paid us a large sum of money to only develop for the PS2". Sony are willing to pay money to keep exclusive rights for the games. Rock Star are happy to be getting a ton of money which they know they have rather than expecting to get that money from the Xbox and GC game sales.
Wed 12/06/02 at 22:10
Regular
"We want our best-selling franchise to reach the greatest number of consumers."

So surely that would mean releasing the game across all platforms, not just one.

The combined sales of Xbox and GC is around 7 million units. So they're missing out on a (possible) 7 million sales of their software.

Seems a bit stupid to me...
Wed 12/06/02 at 21:04
"High polygon count"
Grand Theft Auto as a franchise is PS2 exclusive until October 2004. That's ALL versions, not just GTA3.

I posted this in the Sony forum last month:

From IGN.com

-----

May 21, 2002 - Grand Theft Auto 3 and all future titles in the GTA franchise will be exclusive to PlayStation 2 until October 2004, SCEA announced today at its E3 press conference. The hugely popular "thug simulator," developed by DMA Design for Rockstar Games, was the best-selling game title across all platforms last year, and earned IGN's PS2 Game of the Year award amid dozens of other accolades. This announcement means it's curtains for the planned Xbox version of GTA3, which was to be released later this year.

"Given the worldwide acceptance of PlayStation 2, it's natural for Take-Two to partner with Sony Computer Entertainment America and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe in its respective markets," said Kelly Sumner, CEO of Take-Two Interactive (Rockstar's parent company). "We want our best-selling franchise to reach the greatest number of consumers. The penetration of PlayStation 2 globally, combined with the pervasive nature and power of the PlayStation brand, will help us achieve this objective.

The fact that the PlayStation 2 will be the only home entertainment system on which one can enjoy Grand Theft Auto titles is a great statement for the platform overall."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.