GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freedom...."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/06/02 at 14:25
Regular
I finished my last exam for the year 5 minutes ago... and feel great. The exam itself was quite hard, with a couple of nasty proofs that I had to improvise with when I just couldn`t remember the facts, but now I`m free... Free to play Final Fantasy 10 when I get home tomorrow. Free to post on SR (as long as you lot don`t mind) and free to take up the "layabout" status once again.

During my online time I`ll be working quite a bit on my website, as well as doing some for my swimming club, but I intend to come here and catch up on all the stuff that`s been happening. I haven`t heard much about MOH yet and stuff like that, so... I`m looking forward to it.

Anyway, time to go and celebrate. :D
Wed 12/06/02 at 14:25
Regular
I finished my last exam for the year 5 minutes ago... and feel great. The exam itself was quite hard, with a couple of nasty proofs that I had to improvise with when I just couldn`t remember the facts, but now I`m free... Free to play Final Fantasy 10 when I get home tomorrow. Free to post on SR (as long as you lot don`t mind) and free to take up the "layabout" status once again.

During my online time I`ll be working quite a bit on my website, as well as doing some for my swimming club, but I intend to come here and catch up on all the stuff that`s been happening. I haven`t heard much about MOH yet and stuff like that, so... I`m looking forward to it.

Anyway, time to go and celebrate. :D
Wed 12/06/02 at 14:27
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Weldone ssx, I felt the same when I recently graduated from uni :D
Wed 12/06/02 at 14:34
Regular
It must be a great feeling when you get that far. I`ve only just finished my second year, so I have quite a way to go yet. I do look forward to that point though when you know the first part of your life is over, and the next part can begin. Trouble is, people always say you shouldn`t be in a hurry to get old, and I agree, so it worries me at the same time. :D
Wed 12/06/02 at 14:41
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
The feeling was immense, when I put the pen down in my final exam it was like a feeling that ive never had, you will know when you reach that point, a lot of people were telling me 'what you going to do now?' but the thing is, towards the end I wanted it to all end, never have I felt so much pressure, I think the best way to look at is how you just said one half of my life has ended another another is about to begin, just take it as it comes. one step at a time and you will grow up steadily rather than too quickly. For me im going on holiday to relax and then will decide then what I want to do, no doubt I have a lot of opportunities in terms of Job positions, Trainee-ships, but above all working abroad. The thing is I can now take things at my own pace rather than rushing.
Wed 12/06/02 at 15:22
wrote:
> Not to put a dampner on your celebrations, but it is a good idea to send you a batch of CVs before going off on holiday for the Summer...
I took the Summer off after my final Uni exams, and it took me a year to find a job because of the bad jobs market...

But congrats on finishing and I hope all goes well for ye....
Wed 12/06/02 at 15:26
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
I finished my last exam a coupla weeks ago. Oh well, only another five years in the education system to go.

*sigh*
Wed 12/06/02 at 15:35
Regular
".......on the attac"
I wish I had another five to go. I'm doing my second degree now just so I don't have to get a job. Problem is, it finishes in September.
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:33
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
KevD wrote:
> wrote:
> Not to put a dampner on your celebrations, but it is a good idea to
> send you a batch of CVs before going off on holiday for the Summer...
>
> I took the Summer off after my final Uni exams, and it took me a year
> to find a job because of the bad jobs market...
>
> But congrats on finishing and I hope all goes well for ye....

Ive already done so kevD and thanks.
Thu 13/06/02 at 10:03
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
If anyones interested in reading a post with regards to balancing between exams and gaming, I have recently done a post in FOG Prime.

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/ display_messages.php?threadid=46017&forumid=185

(remove space - / display)

Your feedback would be very welcome.

Thanks

Neo.
Fri 14/06/02 at 06:27
Regular
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> The feeling was immense, when I put the pen down in my final exam it
> was like a feeling that ive never had,

I always feel pretty good (no matter how the exam went) when I know I`ve done my last one for a while, but when you`ve done your last one ever... Its gotta be quite different!

you will know when you reach
> that point, a lot of people were telling me 'what you going to do
> now?' but the thing is, towards the end I wanted it to all end, never
> have I felt so much pressure,

Absolutely! I`m already finding that I`m being told to try and stay in education even longer, but like you say, its time now for the next part of your life. I would be quite happy to finish my exams in the next couple of years, and then get on with something... just gotta figure out what.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.