GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do I top-up this goddamn stupid mobile!?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/06/02 at 13:01
Regular
It keeps telling me to dial '4444', which I do, but then it says 'Need credit. Top-up now'. so I press 'Yes'. Then...nothing. no dialing. Nothing. It's a BT CEllnet and I've got n 02 card thingy. Help me.
Wed 12/06/02 at 13:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It keeps telling me to dial '4444', which I do, but then it says 'Need credit. Top-up now'. so I press 'Yes'. Then...nothing. no dialing. Nothing. It's a BT CEllnet and I've got n 02 card thingy. Help me.
Wed 12/06/02 at 13:08
"Darkness, always"
Cellnet always were gay. I spent six months or so with a cellnet phone a few years ago. Almost all my calls were made to their customer service desk. I'm sure it's possible to get hold of a few recordings of me screaming profanities at their operators...

Anyway, call up the customer service desk from a landline, always the safest bet.
Wed 12/06/02 at 13:09
Regular
change network - simple.
Wed 12/06/02 at 13:42
Regular
You could have a mobile phone virus. Did you recieve any strange texts recently?
Wed 12/06/02 at 13:47
"High polygon count"
monkey_man wrote:
> It keeps telling me to dial '4444'

Strange - I just have to press '3' on mine, then 'send', and I get the recorded messages telling me how to top it up. Easy.

What phone is it?

I have a Siemens C35i, but my mum and cousin have a Trium Mars. All on Cellnet. But apparently the rubber protector that comes with the Mars (which eveyone I know calls 'the condom') can interfere with the signal.

Mum had loads of trouble topping hers up, but as soon as she took it out of 'the condom' (oo-er!) it worked fine.
Wed 12/06/02 at 13:56
Regular
I've got a Phillips Savvy on Cellnet (or 02 as it's now called) and all I have to do is press 3 too.
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:36
Regular
Right. Have you actually brought the top-up card, and if so, is it BT Cellnet or O2? I know they are the same, but what does it say on the top-up card? Right, with a full signal bar, dial 4444 or use 'hot key' number 3. If it still says the same message, try dialing 4445 for the O2 customer care line. I used this before, it's very helpful. Otherwise, take your phone to a Link or Carphone Warehouse, or any O2 shop. Hope this helps. If you brought an O2 top-up card, don't throw it away, as that will be your E-Top up card. Read the instructions that come with the top-up.
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:39
"Darkness, always"
Personally, the best advice is to call up Orange, and ask for further instructions...
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:41
"Uzi Lover"
Sue their frickin ass's :-)
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:44
Right what you need to do is remove the sim card pop the phone handset into the microwave and bake it on high power for roughly around ooooo say 35 minutes. After the 35 minutes rmove the phone from the microwave and leave it to stand for approximatly 2 minutes, you must the remove the phones plastic casing and before serving. This wholesome meal should suffice a family of four quite easily.

Sticks mom enters the room. "stick have you been cooking your phone again"

*Stick runs upstairs with his cooked mobile phone tightly gripped in his hands and begins to chew away*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.