GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is a £125 for a dreamcast a fair price?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/06/02 at 12:20
Regular
I'm selling my dreamcast for £125 it comes with 4 games(GTA2, Jet set radio, Wacky races and house of the dead 2). It has 1 official controller, two official light guns and a official memory card(though i need new bateries for this). It is all nicely boxed.

Would you pay this much?
Wed 12/06/02 at 12:20
Regular
"I confused?"
I'm selling my dreamcast for £125 it comes with 4 games(GTA2, Jet set radio, Wacky races and house of the dead 2). It has 1 official controller, two official light guns and a official memory card(though i need new bateries for this). It is all nicely boxed.

Would you pay this much?
Wed 12/06/02 at 12:21
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
You can charge more than £1.25. Mebbe a fiver would be about right. ;)
Wed 12/06/02 at 12:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
No, you can buy a new one for about £65 with a few games and controllers. You need to expect to make a loss to sell it as it didn't do as well as it should. A nice even £100 maybe but nothing more.
Wed 12/06/02 at 12:33
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Why not check the price of that bundle at SR, then knock 20 quid or so off it?

If I'm being far too sensible, I apologise.
Wed 12/06/02 at 12:35
Regular
I reckon you could get around £60 for it

Dreamcast and controller - £30
4 games at £5 each - £20
2 light guns at £5 each - £10
Memory Card - £1
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:14
Don't sell it!!!

Instead, take it appart and remove the motherboard, and hook it up to a 12v battery.
Now, insert the motherboard up your housholds cats rectum, ensuring that the joypad port is facing outwards.
Next Plug in your contral pad, and Voila, you are the proud owner of a brand new SEGA DreamCat!

You can now control the movement of your DreamCat through the use of your Control Pad.
In addition, your old dreamcast games, can be inserted through your DreamCat's mouth, thus allowing your DreamCat to access new 'Special' moves.

Be carefull while operating the SEGA DreamCat, and never keep it in the same proximity as the SONY PuppyStation 2, as the 2 systems are not compatable.

And remember, A DreamCat is just for christmas, not for life.
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:19
Regular
"\\"
ill go with iron monkeys option, although you could keep it and get much more fun out of it than getting money (although mone y is G R E A T )

also if you do sell it make it around £110 cos 125 is just more than anyone would pay for a dreamcast, even though they turn out to be nightmarespells
Wed 12/06/02 at 17:11
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I would never pay that much for it.

£50 is the most id even think about giving.... a tenner is the most id actually give if I had to (cheap b****r).

Nobody in the right mind would pay £125 for it.

Rip-off!

:D
Wed 12/06/02 at 17:34
Regular
Aything over £60 I would consider a massive rip-off considering for under the price you're suggesting (£125) I had a Dreamcast with 9 games, it's own controller and an extra VMU all brand new from Special Reserve.
Wed 12/06/02 at 18:37
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yeah, £125 is too much.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.