GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World Cup Predictions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/06/02 at 11:17
Regular
We've seen Argentina and France, two of the world cup favourites bail out. That possibly isn't the end of the shocks in my opinion...

I can see Mexico beating Italy in their last group game and sending Italy packing too leaving only Brazil, England, Germany and Spain (and maybe Mexico or Croatia with a chance of going all the way... and Portugal are having a disastorous time while the Koreans on home turf are playing suprisingly well.

In terms of groups, Denmark and Senegal, Germany and Republic of Ireland, Sweden and England have already qualified - what about the other groups?

In todays match I can see Spain beating South Africa, and Paraguay beating Slovenia who have shown themselves to be a weak team and are out of the world cup already. That means Spain and Paraguay qualify respectively.

In group C Brazil and Costa Rica will be close, but I think Brazil are too classy this World Cup and will beat them. Turkey are sure to beat China, who along with Saudia Arabia are probably one of the worst teams in this World Cup. So Brazil will win their group, Turkey and Costa Rica will be picked on goal difference - so how that's going to end up I have no idea. I think Turkey are in with more of a chance. They are a strong side, and I can see them smashing around 3 goals past the Chinese, whilst Brazil may even possibly get the same over the Costa Ricans.

USA are locking very tasty this year - I can see them qualifying. Poland will get beaten I'm near positively sure. South Korea and Portugal will be close, but again I think one of the world bests Portugal will bail out alongside the likes of France, Argentina and possibly Italy... I think the end result will be the home side South Korea followed by the USA in that group.

In group G as I said, I can see Mexico beating the Italians by luck, and surely Croatia can beat the Ecuadoroians (I guess their Ecuadorians. Although I have a feeling this match will be a draw. Ecuador started to play quite well against Mexico at the end of their last match. Still if Italy lose... Croatia go through in second. It's a very tough group though that could go either way with Italy, Croatia even possibly going through in that order. If Italy keep to form and luck goes their way they can surely qualify? It's a close one but I just have this feeling Italy are going to be a shock loser..

Russia could beat Belgium and Japan will surely beat the weaker Tunisia in group H. However Belgium, Russia could go either way, but my bets on the Russians (or a draw)

So Germany face Paraguay - a game they should win.
England face Denmark (a fixture that I don't want to predict as I'm sure to be biased), they are tough opponents the Danes, and I'm not sure what we can do against them. Tomasson has been very promising in attack and could cause the English defence a lot of problems.
Sweden I think will beat Senegal.
The Mexico (or the Italians) should beat neighbours USA (Which would be an interesting match if the yanks actually watched football, the Mexico will surely enjoy a victory over their neighbours..)
Brazil would face Russia, and Brazil I'm sure everyone would tip to win that.
South Korea (or Portugal) would play Croatia (of the Mexicanese), a very close game, but I think in either possible fixture Croatia would be the weaker team and either Mexico or South Korea could go through... too close to call.
Republic of Ireland will have that tough fixture with the Spanish, and as much as I love seeing the Irish doing well I think they will be disappointed in this match.
The Japanese and maybe the Turkish - so close to call, so very close. I'd like the Japanese to go through and their more than capable. Luck isn't really going the Turks way this year.

The Italians/ the Mexicans then play Germany. Will be very close. Germany are a very weak side compared to normal, but with Klose scoring all those goals they or the Italians could well go through. I don't think the Mexicans will.
Spain will beat the South Koreans in that tough fixture if it appears, and Sweden Japan/Turkey will be close, but I'm sure Sweden can beat the Japanese or the Turks.
Then England if they can beat the Danes face Brazil eekkk!! This will surely decide the world cup final winner. If we can beat Brazil in my opinion we can beat anyone and deserve to win the world cup. If Brazil win, I think they will win the world cup. It may be a quarter final match but I think it's going to decide it.

Italy/Germany will play Spain. Spain are on top form right now and I think they can beat the Germans. Past world cups show they mess up at times, but I think they can get into the finals if they play those Germans. If the Italians don't mess up I think they will beat the Spanish.

Brazil or England play the Swedes (oh no not again...). I'd love it to be the Japanese because if England get to play them, that will be a glorious game with all the respect our footballers get from those Japanese... you never know the Japanese players might even support us. Despite Englands record of no wins against the Swedes since whenever it was I think if we meet them again, and play like we did against Argentina we can do this getting us a place in the final (that's if we beat the Brazilians).

So a Brazil or England vs Italy or Spain final. I'd love it to be England but my heart tells be Brazil, my head tells me England. Either way Brazil or England are going to win this tournament but sadly I think it's going to be Brazil, England always manage to get our hopes up - make us feel like we are walking in air. Then they shoot us down and we fall with a thud. A repeat final of 1994 could be possible, although Spain could go all the way.

These are only predictions, you never know. I wonder if I get any of them right.

COME ON YOU ENGLAND!
Wed 12/06/02 at 11:17
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
We've seen Argentina and France, two of the world cup favourites bail out. That possibly isn't the end of the shocks in my opinion...

I can see Mexico beating Italy in their last group game and sending Italy packing too leaving only Brazil, England, Germany and Spain (and maybe Mexico or Croatia with a chance of going all the way... and Portugal are having a disastorous time while the Koreans on home turf are playing suprisingly well.

In terms of groups, Denmark and Senegal, Germany and Republic of Ireland, Sweden and England have already qualified - what about the other groups?

In todays match I can see Spain beating South Africa, and Paraguay beating Slovenia who have shown themselves to be a weak team and are out of the world cup already. That means Spain and Paraguay qualify respectively.

In group C Brazil and Costa Rica will be close, but I think Brazil are too classy this World Cup and will beat them. Turkey are sure to beat China, who along with Saudia Arabia are probably one of the worst teams in this World Cup. So Brazil will win their group, Turkey and Costa Rica will be picked on goal difference - so how that's going to end up I have no idea. I think Turkey are in with more of a chance. They are a strong side, and I can see them smashing around 3 goals past the Chinese, whilst Brazil may even possibly get the same over the Costa Ricans.

USA are locking very tasty this year - I can see them qualifying. Poland will get beaten I'm near positively sure. South Korea and Portugal will be close, but again I think one of the world bests Portugal will bail out alongside the likes of France, Argentina and possibly Italy... I think the end result will be the home side South Korea followed by the USA in that group.

In group G as I said, I can see Mexico beating the Italians by luck, and surely Croatia can beat the Ecuadoroians (I guess their Ecuadorians. Although I have a feeling this match will be a draw. Ecuador started to play quite well against Mexico at the end of their last match. Still if Italy lose... Croatia go through in second. It's a very tough group though that could go either way with Italy, Croatia even possibly going through in that order. If Italy keep to form and luck goes their way they can surely qualify? It's a close one but I just have this feeling Italy are going to be a shock loser..

Russia could beat Belgium and Japan will surely beat the weaker Tunisia in group H. However Belgium, Russia could go either way, but my bets on the Russians (or a draw)

So Germany face Paraguay - a game they should win.
England face Denmark (a fixture that I don't want to predict as I'm sure to be biased), they are tough opponents the Danes, and I'm not sure what we can do against them. Tomasson has been very promising in attack and could cause the English defence a lot of problems.
Sweden I think will beat Senegal.
The Mexico (or the Italians) should beat neighbours USA (Which would be an interesting match if the yanks actually watched football, the Mexico will surely enjoy a victory over their neighbours..)
Brazil would face Russia, and Brazil I'm sure everyone would tip to win that.
South Korea (or Portugal) would play Croatia (of the Mexicanese), a very close game, but I think in either possible fixture Croatia would be the weaker team and either Mexico or South Korea could go through... too close to call.
Republic of Ireland will have that tough fixture with the Spanish, and as much as I love seeing the Irish doing well I think they will be disappointed in this match.
The Japanese and maybe the Turkish - so close to call, so very close. I'd like the Japanese to go through and their more than capable. Luck isn't really going the Turks way this year.

The Italians/ the Mexicans then play Germany. Will be very close. Germany are a very weak side compared to normal, but with Klose scoring all those goals they or the Italians could well go through. I don't think the Mexicans will.
Spain will beat the South Koreans in that tough fixture if it appears, and Sweden Japan/Turkey will be close, but I'm sure Sweden can beat the Japanese or the Turks.
Then England if they can beat the Danes face Brazil eekkk!! This will surely decide the world cup final winner. If we can beat Brazil in my opinion we can beat anyone and deserve to win the world cup. If Brazil win, I think they will win the world cup. It may be a quarter final match but I think it's going to decide it.

Italy/Germany will play Spain. Spain are on top form right now and I think they can beat the Germans. Past world cups show they mess up at times, but I think they can get into the finals if they play those Germans. If the Italians don't mess up I think they will beat the Spanish.

Brazil or England play the Swedes (oh no not again...). I'd love it to be the Japanese because if England get to play them, that will be a glorious game with all the respect our footballers get from those Japanese... you never know the Japanese players might even support us. Despite Englands record of no wins against the Swedes since whenever it was I think if we meet them again, and play like we did against Argentina we can do this getting us a place in the final (that's if we beat the Brazilians).

So a Brazil or England vs Italy or Spain final. I'd love it to be England but my heart tells be Brazil, my head tells me England. Either way Brazil or England are going to win this tournament but sadly I think it's going to be Brazil, England always manage to get our hopes up - make us feel like we are walking in air. Then they shoot us down and we fall with a thud. A repeat final of 1994 could be possible, although Spain could go all the way.

These are only predictions, you never know. I wonder if I get any of them right.

COME ON YOU ENGLAND!
Wed 12/06/02 at 11:46
Regular
Not bad predictions there. I can see Brazil and Spain going far, but this truly is the year of the underdog.
Wed 12/06/02 at 11:50
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
That it truly is.
Wed 12/06/02 at 12:13
"Darkness, always"
I don't see Ital ymaking any mistakes this time, and they lost to croatia mostly because of poor refereeing...
Wed 12/06/02 at 12:25
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
That's true. Two disallowed goals that were poorly done by that stupid linesman. So you're probably right - that's why I kept them as possible finalists.

Portugal are surely going out though.
Wed 12/06/02 at 14:48
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I'm right so far... Spain 1st, Paraguay 2nd...
Wed 12/06/02 at 14:53
Regular
I'd go for the Italians at this moment in time.
Wed 12/06/02 at 14:56
"High polygon count"
The only thing with Italy and Spain is that they haven't played anyone generally considered as a "top side" yet.
Wed 12/06/02 at 15:01
Regular
Thing is though, Spain and Italy (and Brazil) are the only real top sides left!

But some results have completly undermined the FIFA world rankings...

Sod knows whats gonna happen.
Wed 12/06/02 at 17:12
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Brazil or Spain will win it I think.

Mexico, Croatia and Denmark are possibly Semi-finalists if Italy and Portugal go out, which they well could.

Funny old game, football.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.