GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have Video Games been hit by Calafornication?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/06/02 at 16:32
Regular
I just completed MGS2 and I left my PS2 with a feeling of pride. A few weeks later and thismorning I was in the Cinema Store, staring at a rack of small plastic Ulga Gurlukaviches. It was then that I realised that video games had joined food, books, furniture, and a thousand other things as areas that have been commercialized, or as the Red Hot Chilli Peppers put it, hit with calafornication. Video games are being made into kids books, TV shows and anything else the coperate weasels can think of. It works backwards too; There are now video games on the market of every film that is released or every half decent program. How long is it till we are looking at Coco Pops for PS2 ?!! It can only get worse.
Tue 11/06/02 at 16:32
I just completed MGS2 and I left my PS2 with a feeling of pride. A few weeks later and thismorning I was in the Cinema Store, staring at a rack of small plastic Ulga Gurlukaviches. It was then that I realised that video games had joined food, books, furniture, and a thousand other things as areas that have been commercialized, or as the Red Hot Chilli Peppers put it, hit with calafornication. Video games are being made into kids books, TV shows and anything else the coperate weasels can think of. It works backwards too; There are now video games on the market of every film that is released or every half decent program. How long is it till we are looking at Coco Pops for PS2 ?!! It can only get worse.
Tue 11/06/02 at 16:47
delibar wrote:
> I just completed MGS2.

------------------------------------
Took your time.
Tue 11/06/02 at 16:52
That happens in life. If you have some wonder product, you're going to try your best to take advantage of that by exploiting it as much as possible, until everyone knows about it.

It's what I would do, unless the franchise, product, whatever - was such a well known thing - such as the Zelda franchise - then a good degree of control on advertising, etc. would be placed on the product, giving it a sort of "elite" and rare aura about it. So when it finally comes, it'll be well worth the wait. That's my opinion, anyway.
Tue 11/06/02 at 16:56
Regular
"\\"
yeh i think your right but if i was an advertising guy id stick to basic tv or radio ads

http://www.lycos.co.uk its the best place to be :>
Tue 11/06/02 at 17:02
Haven't got a Lycos email account, by any chance?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.