GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Poular Music And Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/11/00 at 21:33
Regular
I thought this would be a good original idea to talk about, I remeber Wipeout1, they had a very popular group on their game 'prodogy' very good song in it's time, and sold the game worldwide because of this, and the game was good I guess.
Why don't games follow this? it seems to be a good idea, and if the song lasts a long time then the game improves.
I love music and i love games, the music i hear on games is too rocky and poppy, not my cup of tea, a bad choice of music would be S Club 7, but a good group would be, umm, no one would know these names, so they'll be left alone. Wu-tang:Taste the pain, was as close as we'll get, they played some music that can only be found on their game, even though the opening video was for another song, it didn't matter. IT SELLS, WHY ISN'T IT USED?
Wed 26/03/08 at 18:07
Regular
"Moderator"
just a quick note on cylinder testing i have noticed on many forums people get unsure about what and when tests are due:-

visual and hydro tests are 2.5 years apart
but if your cylinder exceeds its visual test date by 1 month it most have a hydro test.

valves- most be serviced on each test (idest advice) although standards state service/repair as required

o2 cleaning - every 12 months
Wed 01/11/00 at 22:04
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yeah, the music on games needs to be great. It can rise tension, scare you, excite you, it makes the game...feel (is that the word?) better. One good example of this, (I'm sorry about going on and on about this game, but this is why I like it so much) is Metal Gear Solid. It was slow and quiet in the stealthy bits, loud when action was going on, and fast and alarming when you've been found. That sort of thing. In Cold Blood hardly had any music in it, which is why I felt like I'd wasted my money a little.
Wed 01/11/00 at 22:03
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I don't put music on my games, and don't expect to be selling anything too soon, I was thinking about maybe the games producers changing their music to fit the gamer, not the scene, I have now changed my mind, Zelda would have been bad if it didn't have it's music, perfect darks got loads of music, it's on a random selcetion as well, and it keeps your racing around.
Wed 01/11/00 at 21:59
Regular
Epic music.

Look for Shenmue.

Good music. Trust me.
Wed 01/11/00 at 21:53
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Rocks crap, I didn't want fairies but it did add to the gameplay, but I still think the music could have been better, no vocals because they get boring, but there is surprisingly alot of good music out there, but no games use them.
Wed 01/11/00 at 21:49
Regular
Zelda's wasn't too rubbish, what did you expect? Rock music?
Wed 01/11/00 at 21:48
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Do you think Mario/Zelda/Crash B/Spiro/croc games have good music? yes it suits the genre, but it stinks! it's a good game, you don't want crappy music to ruin it, I have working on dubbing music into videos and it's working very well, Wu-tang did sell, it was and is the best 3D fighting game out! hard to master, thats why i liked it, i'm not a big fan of Wu-tang but I have their logo ontop of my mini, specially painted by my mate at college for a nice price of £30, because it wasn't his paint! The game sells, but your rewarded with a bonus of great music.
Wed 01/11/00 at 21:42
The Wu Tang Gang game sold? I never knew that...
Anyway, it's not done because people shouldn't buy games for the music and things, it should be for the game itself. People buy games because they are good, they have heard they are good or they look like they are good in a review, let it stay that way. Why would you buy a game because of the music anyway? why not just get an album... You could even play the album while you play, meaning any game can have good music!
We don't want people to waste time getting the best music or whatever to sell a game and then have the game being worse than it should be!
Anyway, i think that most games these days have good music because it is appropriate and creates atmosphere, which is better than having music just because it's popular in the charts.
"Sorted, Respect, Due"-- Stoofer the cat
Wed 01/11/00 at 21:33
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I thought this would be a good original idea to talk about, I remeber Wipeout1, they had a very popular group on their game 'prodogy' very good song in it's time, and sold the game worldwide because of this, and the game was good I guess.
Why don't games follow this? it seems to be a good idea, and if the song lasts a long time then the game improves.
I love music and i love games, the music i hear on games is too rocky and poppy, not my cup of tea, a bad choice of music would be S Club 7, but a good group would be, umm, no one would know these names, so they'll be left alone. Wu-tang:Taste the pain, was as close as we'll get, they played some music that can only be found on their game, even though the opening video was for another song, it didn't matter. IT SELLS, WHY ISN'T IT USED?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.