GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game+EB=1"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/06/02 at 19:18
Regular
Game have now offically taken over EB..

Can this be a good or bad thing?

EB are full of crap and Game have generally been decent,

So now we have some decent crap?

:)

Discuss.
Mon 10/06/02 at 19:18
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Game have now offically taken over EB..

Can this be a good or bad thing?

EB are full of crap and Game have generally been decent,

So now we have some decent crap?

:)

Discuss.
Mon 10/06/02 at 19:25
Regular
"everyone says it"
Hmm.. ok. Let me help you out here.

EB own GAME. EB are still going to own GAME. They are changing the EB shops names to GAME as GAME has a better rep.

Nothing else will change.

Apart from more people wearing the lovely green top like the one I have behind me.

:-D
Mon 10/06/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Heh.

The cheeky gits,

they sent me a letter 2day..

"Game now own all EB Shops up and down the UK"
Mon 10/06/02 at 19:34
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I like game and the more shops the better.
Mon 10/06/02 at 19:35
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
er-no, how old do you have to e to get a job at Game?

Any qualifications as such either? Just out of interest
Mon 10/06/02 at 19:35
Regular
Out of interest, why did the same company have two different shops that sold the same things? Or were they seperate, EB took over Game, but they couldn't afford/be bothered to change all the shops signs and stuff.
Tue 11/06/02 at 12:13
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
EB must have owned Game beforehand...

Both websites were the same and the name they gave to the GAME logo was eblogo.gif...

Mmmmmm
Tue 11/06/02 at 12:23
Regular
"I confused?"
I perferr Game, because the one i go to is bigger than the EB in cheltenham and the staff are more friendly.
Tue 11/06/02 at 12:40
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
So if they are the same company why don't they both sell at competitve rates? Games is more reasonable when EB is a rip off at times, some of their policies are also different. (this is before the offcial change over or whatever it is)
Tue 11/06/02 at 13:08
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
EB took over Game a couple of years or so ago.

We only have 2 x EB's in Ipswich and both are rubbish. When I have been to Colchester and other places that have both I have noticed that the prices have been the same and they offer exactly the same deals - generally.

I think Game do have a better name in the UK than EB so maybe that's why they have decided to rebrand the EB shops. the thing is they will still have the same idiots working in them so nothing else will really change !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.