GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/06/02 at 22:38
Regular
Some nice new screenshots of wreckless for you, we can finally see what the game looks like. First impressions, well it may not be as shiny looking as the x-box version, but screenshots don’t really do the game that much justice.

The video shows the game to be allot like its x-box counterpart, it moves with no slowdown, and looks just as fast paced. Don’t know about the missions in the game yet or whether the developers have improved the gameplay to counter the repetitive nature of the game, but there are supposedly 16 new vehicles to play with.

All in all, I think the games looking good, and one I’ll probably end up buying. I doubt very much it’s going to be as good as the getaway, but still, it looks fun and will probably go well with my PS2 collection.

For the screenshots:

(Remove two spaces)
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters /products/screenindex /0,11104,561008,00.html

For the Video:

(Remove the two spaces)
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters /products/media /0,11100,561008,00.html
Sat 08/06/02 at 22:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Some nice new screenshots of wreckless for you, we can finally see what the game looks like. First impressions, well it may not be as shiny looking as the x-box version, but screenshots don’t really do the game that much justice.

The video shows the game to be allot like its x-box counterpart, it moves with no slowdown, and looks just as fast paced. Don’t know about the missions in the game yet or whether the developers have improved the gameplay to counter the repetitive nature of the game, but there are supposedly 16 new vehicles to play with.

All in all, I think the games looking good, and one I’ll probably end up buying. I doubt very much it’s going to be as good as the getaway, but still, it looks fun and will probably go well with my PS2 collection.

For the screenshots:

(Remove two spaces)
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters /products/screenindex /0,11104,561008,00.html

For the Video:

(Remove the two spaces)
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters /products/media /0,11100,561008,00.html
Sat 08/06/02 at 23:37
"High polygon count"
Just a shame it's such a cack game, really.

I'll wait for The Getaway, which looks nicer and has some gameplay! :-)
Sun 09/06/02 at 00:13
Regular
"You Bum!!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Just a shame it's such a cack game, really.
>
> I'll wait for The Getaway, which looks nicer and has some gameplay!
> :-)

About 4-5 months ago you were singing this game praises :)
Sun 09/06/02 at 00:46
"High polygon count"
Triple_H wrote:
> About 4-5 months ago you were singing this game praises :)

I said it *looked* gorgeous, but had too much lense-flare effect on the screen shots.

Since playing it, though, I have always said it's lacking!

Drive, crash into car, pass through streetlights without damage to you or them... it's like Jordan - looks tasty, but pretty shallow underneath. Where it counts - i.e. gameplay - it's not a patch on GTA3.
Sun 09/06/02 at 02:00
Regular
"accidental superher"
i have this game and i think it is c*ck...it is THE MOST FRUSTRATING GAME EVER!!!
handling is absolutely appalling...haven't touched it in a long time and will probably sell it to some unsuspecting s*cker :D
Sun 09/06/02 at 11:50
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Wreckless will probably be a game I’ll buy on its release, I’m a sucker for games which let you drive round city’s and trash things :) I still wouldn’t buy it over the getaway though.

I’ve found another game very much like the getaway in its set-up. I don’t know about the story line, but it is another city based driving game set around L.A. you can steal whatever car you want and drive as dangerously as well. There are also sections like in the getaway where you can get out of your car and go into buildings, where you can gun fights, and even do a few kung-fu fights. It’s called true crime: Streets of LA.

I don’t think it will be as good as the getaway, but it still looks like an interesting game, and one I’ll keep my eye on.

Screenshots:

(Remove two spaces)
http://gamespot.com /gamespot/filters/products/screenindex /0,11104,561383,00.html

Video:

(Remove two spaces)
http://gamespot.com /gamespot/filters/products/media /0,11100,561383,00.html
Sun 09/06/02 at 18:52
Regular
"95% organic"
I reckon Wreckless is a pretty important title for the X-Box catalogue, but I don't think it'll make much of a noise amongst PS2 owners. At the end of the day there is a long line-up of simliar titles for the PS2, all of which have the potential to send Wreckless straight onto the Platinum menu.

Apart from the likes of GTA3 and Smugglers Run which are already available, there's Stuntman, Driver 3, GTA 4, The Getaway and that vague follow up to Destruction Derby all in the pipeline...

Wreckless will certainly have its work cut out.
Sun 09/06/02 at 19:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It certainly will have it's work cut out for it, but I think the game will still become a hit. Well a sleeper hit at least. It's a game which doesn't take itself too seriously, it's meant to be a pick up and play title, as apposed to games like the getaway and driver 3.

I think it will become a hit because it will provide a few hours of manic entertainment, and will probably be a good break from other more serious games in the genre. That said, it's doubtful the developers have added anything new to the gameplay to make it last longer.

I don't know about the game. On the one hand, it looks like a fun title that'll probably keep me entertained for a few hours, but on the other, it's got some very strong competition from more well-refined games like the getaway. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.