GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 peripherals"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/06/02 at 21:29
Regular
I thought this topic might be a helpful one for everyone... which peripherals have you found to work best/worst with your PS2?

For me, I think the Ferrari Steering Wheel is one of the best around. Its responsive,comfortable and doesn't cost a fortune.

The worst peripheral I've used is PlayPro remote control. It takes at least a couple presses of the button for it to respond and even though its supposed to work with the PS2 controller plugged in as well it doesn't.

I've seen so many topics go way off the point in this forum lately so please please try and keep this one to the point it was intended for. Thanks.
Sat 08/06/02 at 21:29
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I thought this topic might be a helpful one for everyone... which peripherals have you found to work best/worst with your PS2?

For me, I think the Ferrari Steering Wheel is one of the best around. Its responsive,comfortable and doesn't cost a fortune.

The worst peripheral I've used is PlayPro remote control. It takes at least a couple presses of the button for it to respond and even though its supposed to work with the PS2 controller plugged in as well it doesn't.

I've seen so many topics go way off the point in this forum lately so please please try and keep this one to the point it was intended for. Thanks.
Sat 08/06/02 at 21:33
Regular
".......on the attac"
My joypad works well, I use it to play games.

For example, on GTA3, I press certain buttons and the PS2 does certain things.

I heartedly(sp) recommend the PS2 joypad.
Sat 08/06/02 at 21:40
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've got a p99g2 light gun, a great alternative to the official g-con2. Its got a recoil function, which is nice but it hurts your hand if you use it too long.

There's a whole host of other features as well like the machine gun firing mode, which helps if your stuck. A great peripheral for anyone wanting to start a light gun game collection.
Sun 09/06/02 at 18:45
Regular
"95% organic"
Being a beat 'em up fanatic, I've invested in a couple of Arcade sticks for my PS2: it really does bring certain games (ie VF4, Capcom vs SNK2, DOA2 etc) to a next level.

The first one I got was a 2nd hand 'Virtua Stick'. This was made originally for the 3DO but came with a Megadrive and Playstation adapter... which also works on the PS2. They've stopped making them now, but if you ever see one about, grab it. They're awesome: really big, really heavy, really chunky... just like an arcade panel. Superb for any SF2 game.

My second arcade stick is the Logic 3 PS2 stick (available through SR). Although this is a bit plasticky, and the actual joystick is a bit small, the buttons and grips are good quality. I found this one a bit better for the 3d fighters like VF4.

I also had a 'Top Drive Space Wheel' that SR used to give away for reddies. Let's just say that I understand why they were free!

Now that I'm entitled to another SR reddies gift, I'll probably investigate the dance-mat too. Lord knows what game I'd use it on though... maybe GT3?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.