GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Idea: Wrestling Manager"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/06/02 at 17:47
Regular
Been thinking of a few game ideas lately, some have been a bit poor and not worth posting but earlier I was discussing this idea with one of my friends (who was helpful as he has been a wrestling fan since the days of hogan, ultimate warrior, bret hart etc). Yes it is a wrestling game, but not like the others and most likely will only appeal to wrestling fans old and new.

The game features classic wrestlers such as:
Hulk Hogan
Ultimate Warrior
Bret Hart
Andre the Giant
Million Dollar Man
Legion of Doom
Shawn Michaels and so on and also most of todays big stars who can be seen on the weekly tv shows and pay per view events.

Wrestling manager allows you to choose the old classics or the up to date wrestlers and then you must pick your roles from the following.
1. Manager
2. Match scheduler
3. Event organiser
4. Wrestling owner

1. As the manager of your wrestler you must negotiate wages, matches and arrange public appearances to increase their fan base.
2. As match scheduler you must arrange matches, title fights, rising stars appearances, back stage set ups etc for each of the weekly shows.
3. As event organiser you have to organise the pay per view events such as wresltemania and king of the ring. You must schedule matches, which wreslters to include, types of matches, venue, ticket prices etc.

All of these are small parts, the main game is all this combined in number 4. Wrestling owner.

You must take the vince McMahon role, you must decide how much to pay wrestlers, which wreslters to keep and which to get rid off, which wreslters are to sign autographs after shows. You must also schedule matches or hire others to do so. Also hire all the staff required, sign up new shows. In other words run the show, make sure things turn out right.

The game is slightly based on the championship manager style games except it is for wrestling, you must compete with other wrestling organistations for viewers, fans etc and try be the best. You can buy stars from other organisations, sell stars and even create stars names and images which can then compete with the big boys of wrestling.

I know the idea is fairly basic so far, this is where you can help to offer suggestions and improvements. Also is it a good idea or not worth the hassle?
Thu 20/06/02 at 00:46
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Im not a massive wrestling fan but this actually sounds as if it would make a good game.
The problem I have with wrestling games is that all you can do is fight, I know your supposed to but this gets to repetitive for me. But this idea could make the games lifespan greater and would appeal to anybody really, not just wrestling fans.
Thu 20/06/02 at 00:40
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I like the sound of it, if it was a PC game it could well work (I dunno what it is but manager sims only work best on PC's).

Problem is that it's already been done. There's a website out there somewhere with a download with all the things you've mentioned in there almost to perfection in a game. (Can't remember what it is just now but it is out there)

A real game and an update could well be popular though. :0)
Sat 08/06/02 at 17:47
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Been thinking of a few game ideas lately, some have been a bit poor and not worth posting but earlier I was discussing this idea with one of my friends (who was helpful as he has been a wrestling fan since the days of hogan, ultimate warrior, bret hart etc). Yes it is a wrestling game, but not like the others and most likely will only appeal to wrestling fans old and new.

The game features classic wrestlers such as:
Hulk Hogan
Ultimate Warrior
Bret Hart
Andre the Giant
Million Dollar Man
Legion of Doom
Shawn Michaels and so on and also most of todays big stars who can be seen on the weekly tv shows and pay per view events.

Wrestling manager allows you to choose the old classics or the up to date wrestlers and then you must pick your roles from the following.
1. Manager
2. Match scheduler
3. Event organiser
4. Wrestling owner

1. As the manager of your wrestler you must negotiate wages, matches and arrange public appearances to increase their fan base.
2. As match scheduler you must arrange matches, title fights, rising stars appearances, back stage set ups etc for each of the weekly shows.
3. As event organiser you have to organise the pay per view events such as wresltemania and king of the ring. You must schedule matches, which wreslters to include, types of matches, venue, ticket prices etc.

All of these are small parts, the main game is all this combined in number 4. Wrestling owner.

You must take the vince McMahon role, you must decide how much to pay wrestlers, which wreslters to keep and which to get rid off, which wreslters are to sign autographs after shows. You must also schedule matches or hire others to do so. Also hire all the staff required, sign up new shows. In other words run the show, make sure things turn out right.

The game is slightly based on the championship manager style games except it is for wrestling, you must compete with other wrestling organistations for viewers, fans etc and try be the best. You can buy stars from other organisations, sell stars and even create stars names and images which can then compete with the big boys of wrestling.

I know the idea is fairly basic so far, this is where you can help to offer suggestions and improvements. Also is it a good idea or not worth the hassle?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.