GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"All I'm Saying Is We Shouldn't Get Our Hopes Up Just Yet"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/06/02 at 16:36
Regular
I've been getting alot of stick lately for looking at all the possibilities and not getting wiped up in this "We're going to win the WC" fever.

1) I have always said that yesterday was a fantastic result and i was as happy as any of you were. My point was to these people who thought just because we beat Argentina, we are going to win it. You never know we may, but we may not.

2) To back up my point, look at Euro 2000, we beat the Germans 1-0, everyone got hyped up just like we are now, and then what happened. Romainia beat us 3-2 and we didn't get out the group. Again, i'm not saying it will happen again, but we have to take it one game at a time and not assume results that we aren't uaranteed.

PS: If you're just going to reply to this with more non-sensical b*llocks, don't bother
Sun 09/06/02 at 12:12
Regular
Yeah and with Nigeria already out they are going to want to play their best against us. Go out in Style another words
Sun 09/06/02 at 11:50
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah it's just one game, and there are still many more to go before we could even reach the final!

Each game gets tougher than the last after the Group Stages, as the real teams are seperated from the little ones! But if we can't beat someone like Sweden in the groups, then how can we expect to even draw with Spain or Italy in the Semi's!!??

We're all just excietd because we beat Argentina - maybe that's the greatest thing that'll happen to us in the World Cup this year??

With a weakened squad too, how can we expect to go all the way?

We celebrated Friday's result like we'd won the bloomin' tournament, why don't we just keep it like that!
This one match alone has made to 2002 World Cup worth-wile alone for England!
Sat 08/06/02 at 17:43
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
Actually Quinty, that is the sort of reply i want. You're right, i don't want an arguement, and your points yesterday were fair. The people that were p**sing me off were the the ones who just came out with random abuse. You thought about your post and wrote it without sounding like an idiot.
Agreed were a very different team from Euro 2000, but i'm still adopting a look before you leap attitude about the whole thing.
I do expect us to beat Nigeria, or at least get the draw we need, but just because i expect us to beat them, doesn't mean i'm assuming that we will. If this world cup has shown us anything, it is that any team can be beaten and that all teams have off days. I'm hoping we don't, i'm not saying we will, just be prepared thats all
Sat 08/06/02 at 17:34
Regular
I suppose im the one who gave you a little stick earlier. Just to repeat my point, in my lifetime ive never seen us put in such a convincing performance.

I can understand your point about possible dissapointments, it was a fair point, but all i was saying was lets just celebrate the victory now and worry about them later.

I can see you dont want an argument, neither do i, so just take this as opinions. Your point about the past failures like Euro 2000, i cant understand. We're a different team now, Germany were admittedly cr@p but so were we. Try to compare our performance against Germany 2 years ago, and look at our performance yesterday. We've improved so much from that night in Charloi. And we can go forward, not saying we can win the World cup, but there is a lot of promise. But i agree with your point about the stupid "were going to win the wc" attitude. Just enjoy the moment.

Anyway im sure you didnt want a reply like this so ill stop now...
Sat 08/06/02 at 17:25
"High polygon count"
I agree. As much as I'd love to see England win it, I don't realisitcally see it happening. But with some of the upsets so far, who knows?

Personally, I think that beating the Argies and (possibly) stopping them getting any further is better than winning the thing anyway!

There'll be a lot of support for Sweden in the UK on 12th June!
Sat 08/06/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yep
Sat 08/06/02 at 16:36
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
I've been getting alot of stick lately for looking at all the possibilities and not getting wiped up in this "We're going to win the WC" fever.

1) I have always said that yesterday was a fantastic result and i was as happy as any of you were. My point was to these people who thought just because we beat Argentina, we are going to win it. You never know we may, but we may not.

2) To back up my point, look at Euro 2000, we beat the Germans 1-0, everyone got hyped up just like we are now, and then what happened. Romainia beat us 3-2 and we didn't get out the group. Again, i'm not saying it will happen again, but we have to take it one game at a time and not assume results that we aren't uaranteed.

PS: If you're just going to reply to this with more non-sensical b*llocks, don't bother

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.