GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The PS2 Forum Clean-up project."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/06/02 at 10:28
Regular
I've had enough (i'd do that in caps but it makes your writing sound really loud and stupid - like Vottanator ;-))
Basically, I'd like to recruit some people to help put more PS2 into the forum.
Note: This is nothing like the Cronies, this has a point and it's not sperating people into different groups.
To be in the project, you need to be:
1. A regular to the forum. It doesn't matter if your a newbie, but if you only come on once a fortnight your useless.
2. You need a bit of knowledge about PS2
3. A bit of originality or a sense of what topics will be popular.

If you have all of those, Say so and I will take your names down.
You will be expected to:
1. Produce at least one good PS2 Topic a week. Humourous or otherwise. It can be longg enough to qualify as GAD standards, it can be a one-liner, but make it interesting.

And so it begins...
Sat 08/06/02 at 10:28
Regular
I've had enough (i'd do that in caps but it makes your writing sound really loud and stupid - like Vottanator ;-))
Basically, I'd like to recruit some people to help put more PS2 into the forum.
Note: This is nothing like the Cronies, this has a point and it's not sperating people into different groups.
To be in the project, you need to be:
1. A regular to the forum. It doesn't matter if your a newbie, but if you only come on once a fortnight your useless.
2. You need a bit of knowledge about PS2
3. A bit of originality or a sense of what topics will be popular.

If you have all of those, Say so and I will take your names down.
You will be expected to:
1. Produce at least one good PS2 Topic a week. Humourous or otherwise. It can be longg enough to qualify as GAD standards, it can be a one-liner, but make it interesting.

And so it begins...
Sat 08/06/02 at 12:29
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I think you really have the wrong idea here mate. Its not down to a few posters to try and improve the forum, you cant get people to volunteer to do some posts in hope to improve the forum. Its got to be an effort by the whole forum, otherwise nothing is going to change.
Sat 08/06/02 at 12:43
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I agree with Takayuki over there ;-)

Everyone has to make an effort, many people post at least a few good topics a week, but you always get the fools who come in and spoil it and this will continue to happen unless everyone makes an effort collectivly rather than individually.
Sat 08/06/02 at 13:02
Regular
yeh i was going to write some thing like that earlier but didnt know whether people were going to agree or not
Sat 08/06/02 at 13:05
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
KR wrote:
> yeh i was going to write some thing like that earlier but didnt know
> whether people were going to agree or not

We believe you KR!

No really, we dOoooo!
Sat 08/06/02 at 16:00
Regular
:-(
Sat 08/06/02 at 16:48
Regular
Ze Físhmongéré wrote:
We believe you KR!
>
> No really, we dOoooo!

nah i meant what Pro Evo wrote not the actual topic, i aint that clever ;)
Sat 08/06/02 at 16:50
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Asher, nice idea... but surely all you're saying is: "Use the forum like it was meant to be used- talking about the PS2"?

Why have this elite list of people who are on a commitee to write PS2 topics... isn't that what everyone is doing anyway (or meant to be!)?

The problem in this room is that so many people spam that it's impossible to ban spammers! There are too many. If there was just the occasional spammer then they could easily be stopped. BUT, when you have things like the World's longest thread (aka Worlds biggest piece of cr@p), being used by regulars to chat about anything but the PS2, then it's hard to stop new people spamming.

Sonic
Sat 08/06/02 at 20:51
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
well well well.
this has been coming a long time. Just remember that some newbies aren't spammers so don't put them off.( that's the main thing)
Anyway, what's the point of a committee?
surely this would make the problem worse, not better. If there was anyone given the duty, then surely this would be up to pro evo and wookiee monster. sorry to both of them but as notables, your infulence would make the situation better, not making a commitee of posters who have been threatened of banning by SR because they contribute to the spam themselves.
Sat 08/06/02 at 22:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Instead of trying to make new threads about PS1/2 gaming to counter the threads mentioned, why not try and salvage the thread with posts on playstation gaming?

What I'm trying to say is rather than respond with messages like 'stop replying to this people, let it drop' (those kind of messages always get ignored anyway), post messages about gaming. I'm not saying it will definatly turn the thread around, but it may stop it from being bogged down with angry spam responses. It's worth a try anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.