GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The PS2 Forum Clean-up project."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/06/02 at 10:28
Regular
I've had enough (i'd do that in caps but it makes your writing sound really loud and stupid - like Vottanator ;-))
Basically, I'd like to recruit some people to help put more PS2 into the forum.
Note: This is nothing like the Cronies, this has a point and it's not sperating people into different groups.
To be in the project, you need to be:
1. A regular to the forum. It doesn't matter if your a newbie, but if you only come on once a fortnight your useless.
2. You need a bit of knowledge about PS2
3. A bit of originality or a sense of what topics will be popular.

If you have all of those, Say so and I will take your names down.
You will be expected to:
1. Produce at least one good PS2 Topic a week. Humourous or otherwise. It can be longg enough to qualify as GAD standards, it can be a one-liner, but make it interesting.

And so it begins...
Mon 10/06/02 at 13:20
"High polygon count"
nh wrote:
> The way round it is to post some PS related stuff - that's it - quite
> simple.

Also, don't reply to anything you consider spam.

If you consider something to be spam, just leave it. Don't add anything like "stop spamming", because it just triggers arguments and numerous replies, keeping the thread high on the list.

Don't post ANYTHING in the thread, even if the originator adds to it themselves. They'll soon get tired and go away.
Mon 10/06/02 at 12:11
Regular
".......on the attac"
Cirus the virus wrote:
> What does fog stand for

Future Of Gaming. The main forum and where most of the notables were voted in from.
Mon 10/06/02 at 10:58
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
The thing is Asher, post's like this are just adding to it, this is the second one you have done in a couple of days.

The way round it is to post some PS related stuff - that's it - quite simple.

Posts which are just stupid spam should just be ignored by all. Dont reply to the rubbish and it just drops away.
Sun 09/06/02 at 13:56
Regular
I think that a littl less spam in this forum and maybe a few more good posts, and more people will want to come to the sony forum because we actually talk mainly about gaming...
Sun 09/06/02 at 13:55
What does fog stand for
Sun 09/06/02 at 12:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The_Flying_Hawkstar wrote:
> If you look at the FOG chat all that is in there is spam well nearly
> all of it is and it gets replys so it's not just this forum it's in
> there aswell.

----

Yeah, but FOG (Chat) is the place to spam on the forums.

This is an actual forum built for the purpose of talking about Sony - PS1 and PS2.
Sun 09/06/02 at 12:14
Regular
If you look at the FOG chat all that is in there is spam well nearly all of it is and it gets replys so it's not just this forum it's in there aswell.
Sun 09/06/02 at 11:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I think we should just have normal conversations, just like now, except, make them more based on the PS2.

Discussions these days don't really have much to do with the PS2, and instead of giving a few people the chance to make one GAD worthy topic a week, I think we should get back to talking about what we're meant to be talking about on this forum./
Sun 09/06/02 at 10:40
Regular
True. But it might give the foum a better reputation amoungst other forums. It could help.
Sun 09/06/02 at 10:32
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
im just thinking, how is writing one good topic a week going to stop the spamming and silly topics?

we already have a few good topics a week, but we also have a few uneccessary topics a week.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.