GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"14 reasons why England will win the World cup!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 19:58
Regular
David Seaman: Got a few early touches and made a comfortable save in the first few minutes from a Gabriel Battistuta diving header which he caught easily.
Then in the second half he probably kept us in the game from a save of the line with his stomach I don’t think he new much about It, but he kept it out.

Danny Mills: He linked up with Beckham well again; he made a few good runs down the right side, he put in a few excellent challenges, one where he was all but beaten but he made a great recovery, he has certainly made up for his mistake against Sweden.

Sol Campbell: Had a very solid game, he was a strong figure at the back I think he was ready for the game after scoring against Sweden, when the ball dropped he was there to clear
He had an excellent game.

Rio Ferdinand: He was the main man in defence every time a cross came in he was there to head it clear, he marked the Argentineans front players well, his height was an advantage. Like Sol he had an excellent game.

Ashley Cole: Got a few bumps and knocks but he was ok. Also, he received a yellow card for a rash challenge. Cole made a few good runs; he tracked back when England lost possession, he kept Battistuta out so he could not get a clear shot on goal, and did deserve to stay on for 90 mins.

Owen Hargreves: Had to leave early on as he picked up a knock when he clashed with Michael Owen, but when he was on he was a great dribbler of the ball and made some good runs. Another promising display.

David Beckham: A superb captain performance lasted the full 90 mins with his foot not slightly troubled, was consistently fouled but he did not respond. Showed his maturity by getting on with the game. Scored a great penalty.

Nicky Butt: Had an outstanding game, played some great through balls which created some chances, he made great tackles to perfection, when he passed the ball it landed straight to an England player feet whether high or low. He got the man of the match, which he thoroughly deserved.

Paul Scholes: Worked his socks of as usual, put in some challenges and had half decent strike the ball came out to him and he volleyed it got it on target and made the keeper make a save. Played some great through balls, setting up the penalty England scored
Michael Owen: Owen performed as we all hoped, hitting the up right when posed down by three World-class defenders. Eventually, his hard work paid off with a penalty, which Beckham converted. Sven took him off early to preserve him for next time after he had done what was needed. Proved him as one of the greatest strikers in the world.

Emile Heskey: After all the abuse Heskey has suffered, no one could doubt Heskey in this game. Many a time he came back well into his own half to win back the ball. Formed a great part of a fantastic team and proved that Erikkson is right to include him above Vassel. Expect him to start again against Nigeria.

Trevor Sinclair: Came on, quite unfortunately, due to Hargreaves having to leave the pitch. What we saw was a left sided midfielder that was now comfortable in that position. His run in the second showed he can rise to the occasion and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a starter against Nigeria. Solid performance from a very under-rated player.

Wayne Bridge: Came on as a second half substitute to replace Michael Owen (basically to keep Owen fit for the next game). Did his job well, if unspectacularly. Expect Bridge to be on again next time, probably as a substitute
Fri 07/06/02 at 19:58
Regular
"England skipper"
David Seaman: Got a few early touches and made a comfortable save in the first few minutes from a Gabriel Battistuta diving header which he caught easily.
Then in the second half he probably kept us in the game from a save of the line with his stomach I don’t think he new much about It, but he kept it out.

Danny Mills: He linked up with Beckham well again; he made a few good runs down the right side, he put in a few excellent challenges, one where he was all but beaten but he made a great recovery, he has certainly made up for his mistake against Sweden.

Sol Campbell: Had a very solid game, he was a strong figure at the back I think he was ready for the game after scoring against Sweden, when the ball dropped he was there to clear
He had an excellent game.

Rio Ferdinand: He was the main man in defence every time a cross came in he was there to head it clear, he marked the Argentineans front players well, his height was an advantage. Like Sol he had an excellent game.

Ashley Cole: Got a few bumps and knocks but he was ok. Also, he received a yellow card for a rash challenge. Cole made a few good runs; he tracked back when England lost possession, he kept Battistuta out so he could not get a clear shot on goal, and did deserve to stay on for 90 mins.

Owen Hargreves: Had to leave early on as he picked up a knock when he clashed with Michael Owen, but when he was on he was a great dribbler of the ball and made some good runs. Another promising display.

David Beckham: A superb captain performance lasted the full 90 mins with his foot not slightly troubled, was consistently fouled but he did not respond. Showed his maturity by getting on with the game. Scored a great penalty.

Nicky Butt: Had an outstanding game, played some great through balls which created some chances, he made great tackles to perfection, when he passed the ball it landed straight to an England player feet whether high or low. He got the man of the match, which he thoroughly deserved.

Paul Scholes: Worked his socks of as usual, put in some challenges and had half decent strike the ball came out to him and he volleyed it got it on target and made the keeper make a save. Played some great through balls, setting up the penalty England scored
Michael Owen: Owen performed as we all hoped, hitting the up right when posed down by three World-class defenders. Eventually, his hard work paid off with a penalty, which Beckham converted. Sven took him off early to preserve him for next time after he had done what was needed. Proved him as one of the greatest strikers in the world.

Emile Heskey: After all the abuse Heskey has suffered, no one could doubt Heskey in this game. Many a time he came back well into his own half to win back the ball. Formed a great part of a fantastic team and proved that Erikkson is right to include him above Vassel. Expect him to start again against Nigeria.

Trevor Sinclair: Came on, quite unfortunately, due to Hargreaves having to leave the pitch. What we saw was a left sided midfielder that was now comfortable in that position. His run in the second showed he can rise to the occasion and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a starter against Nigeria. Solid performance from a very under-rated player.

Wayne Bridge: Came on as a second half substitute to replace Michael Owen (basically to keep Owen fit for the next game). Did his job well, if unspectacularly. Expect Bridge to be on again next time, probably as a substitute
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:00
Regular
"England skipper"
Before you all start jumping down my throat i mean 13 not 14.
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:08
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
2 Reasons we're not good enough:

So what, we beat Argentina. One, it was a group game and two, they were nowhere near there best. On another day we'd have been annihilated

Teams like Itlay will turn us over if we even get far enough to play them.
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:19
Regular
".......on the attac"
Shepps wrote:
> So what, we beat Argentina. One, it was a group game and two, they
> were nowhere near there best. On another day we'd have been
> annihilated

I see.

But....what if Italy are nowhere near their best? I guess we'll beat them as well!

The whole thing about the World Cup is that teams are only as good as they perform on the day. France are supposed to be the best in the World but they have yet to show it in this tournament.

If all goes well we will see Argentina and France on the way home after the Group stages. Should this happen I know that most football fans across the world will be extremely pleased. Except, of course, the Argies and those arrogant French idiots :-)

Good post there Totti....
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:31
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
Lörd Hümöngöüs wrote:
> But....what if Italy are nowhere near their best? I guess we'll beat
> them as well!

I think the only place we can meet the Italians is the final. And if that happens i'll eat my hat
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:35
Regular
".......on the attac"
Whatever happened to supporting your country?
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:42
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
I support my country. But unlike most, i stay realistic. People think because we beat a sub-par Argentina that we're going to win the World Cup. Hey, it'll be fantastic if we do, but i don't see it happening
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:46
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Shepps wrote:
> 2 Reasons we're not good enough:
>
> So what, we beat Argentina. One, it was a group game and two, they
> were nowhere near there best. On another day we'd have been
> annihilated
>
> Teams like Itlay will turn us over if we even get far enough to play
> them.

It's people like you who make me sick. We've had a class victory today but still there's people who are there going, 'ohh, we're not good enough'. I'll just say this once but if you have nothing positive to say, keep your mouth shut. Argentina are joint favourites for this trophy and we beat them. Yes, that's right, England beat the joint favourites.

On another day we'd have been annihilated? Yes, we were a bit lucky, but we could have had a hell of a lot more luck. On another day we could of annihilated them. Why don't you do us all a favour and stop putting England down and get your self behind them. You are quite simply an idiot.
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:54
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
Gabbo wrote:
> It's people like you who make me sick. We've had a class victory today
> but still there's people who are there going, 'ohh, we're not good
> enough'. I'll just say this once but if you have nothing positive to
> say, keep your mouth shut. Argentina are joint favourites for this
> trophy and we beat them. Yes, that's right, England beat the joint
> favourites.
>
> On another day we'd have been annihilated? Yes, we were a bit lucky,
> but we could have had a hell of a lot more luck. On another day we
> could of annihilated them. Why don't you do us all a favour and stop
> putting England down and get your self behind them. You are quite
> simply an idiot.

So, basically what you're saying is because my opinion is different to yours, it is not right ?? Thats the good thing about opinions, everyone has them, everyone's are different. No-ones opinion is right, no-ones opinion is wrong. No single persons opinion is more valid than anothers.

Qoute me where i said that it wasn't a "Class victory." All i said was Aregentina were sub-par which they were, it was still a good win.

As i said, i'm behind England all the way, i hope we do win, but realistically, going on form, we shouldn't.

What annoys me are the people who now think we're going to win the Cup just cos we beat the Argies. We MAY win the Cup, if we do, fantastic.

Opinions Gabbo, opinions
Fri 07/06/02 at 21:09
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Yes, opinions are all well and good but the result today means the world to most of the population, me included. If that seemed like a bit of an outburst, sorry, but I just expect everyone to be on a high after the game. The least thing I expected to see was someone running down the team saying Argentina were sub-par. Focuse on the positives.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.