GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"14 reasons why England will win the World cup!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 19:58
Regular
David Seaman: Got a few early touches and made a comfortable save in the first few minutes from a Gabriel Battistuta diving header which he caught easily.
Then in the second half he probably kept us in the game from a save of the line with his stomach I don’t think he new much about It, but he kept it out.

Danny Mills: He linked up with Beckham well again; he made a few good runs down the right side, he put in a few excellent challenges, one where he was all but beaten but he made a great recovery, he has certainly made up for his mistake against Sweden.

Sol Campbell: Had a very solid game, he was a strong figure at the back I think he was ready for the game after scoring against Sweden, when the ball dropped he was there to clear
He had an excellent game.

Rio Ferdinand: He was the main man in defence every time a cross came in he was there to head it clear, he marked the Argentineans front players well, his height was an advantage. Like Sol he had an excellent game.

Ashley Cole: Got a few bumps and knocks but he was ok. Also, he received a yellow card for a rash challenge. Cole made a few good runs; he tracked back when England lost possession, he kept Battistuta out so he could not get a clear shot on goal, and did deserve to stay on for 90 mins.

Owen Hargreves: Had to leave early on as he picked up a knock when he clashed with Michael Owen, but when he was on he was a great dribbler of the ball and made some good runs. Another promising display.

David Beckham: A superb captain performance lasted the full 90 mins with his foot not slightly troubled, was consistently fouled but he did not respond. Showed his maturity by getting on with the game. Scored a great penalty.

Nicky Butt: Had an outstanding game, played some great through balls which created some chances, he made great tackles to perfection, when he passed the ball it landed straight to an England player feet whether high or low. He got the man of the match, which he thoroughly deserved.

Paul Scholes: Worked his socks of as usual, put in some challenges and had half decent strike the ball came out to him and he volleyed it got it on target and made the keeper make a save. Played some great through balls, setting up the penalty England scored
Michael Owen: Owen performed as we all hoped, hitting the up right when posed down by three World-class defenders. Eventually, his hard work paid off with a penalty, which Beckham converted. Sven took him off early to preserve him for next time after he had done what was needed. Proved him as one of the greatest strikers in the world.

Emile Heskey: After all the abuse Heskey has suffered, no one could doubt Heskey in this game. Many a time he came back well into his own half to win back the ball. Formed a great part of a fantastic team and proved that Erikkson is right to include him above Vassel. Expect him to start again against Nigeria.

Trevor Sinclair: Came on, quite unfortunately, due to Hargreaves having to leave the pitch. What we saw was a left sided midfielder that was now comfortable in that position. His run in the second showed he can rise to the occasion and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a starter against Nigeria. Solid performance from a very under-rated player.

Wayne Bridge: Came on as a second half substitute to replace Michael Owen (basically to keep Owen fit for the next game). Did his job well, if unspectacularly. Expect Bridge to be on again next time, probably as a substitute
Sun 09/06/02 at 16:37
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
I dont know if any one as has told you, but good post Totti.
Sat 08/06/02 at 21:50
Regular
"Better Than You"
Totti wrote:

>
> Wayne Bridge: Came on as a second half substitute to replace Michael
> Owen (basically to keep Owen fit for the next game). Did his job well,
> if unspectacularly. Expect Bridge to be on again next time, probably
> as a substitute

No, he took Owen off because Sherringham was the other stricker and he'd just come on so they took Owen off and put Bridge in to keep it tighter at the back.
Sat 08/06/02 at 11:40
yeah i agree with you. COME ON SVENS BOYS
Fri 07/06/02 at 22:43
You left out Darrius Vassel, hisquick and fancy fooywork troubled the Swedish defence, although he couldnt link up with Owen....so now you have 15 reasons why England WILL win the world cup
Fri 07/06/02 at 22:24
Regular
"Bobba you"
Gabbo wrote:
> Shepps wrote:
> 2 Reasons we're not good enough:
>
> So what, we beat Argentina. One, it was a group game and two, they
> were nowhere near there best. On another day we'd have been
> annihilated
>
> Teams like Itlay will turn us over if we even get far enough to play
> them.
>
> It's people like you who make me sick.

I agree totally. Just get behind your team!
Fri 07/06/02 at 21:45
Regular
yes Argentina were cr@p, but that was because WE stopped them playing their natural game, so instead of saying a below par Argentina it should be more like "Argentina struggled because of the English presence".

anyway its just my opinion, and well in my life there are not going to be many times when i see us beat the favourites to win the tournament, so im going to savor the moment. And when its calmed down THEN i will look at what may and may not happen.
Fri 07/06/02 at 21:40
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
Quinty wrote:
> No, instead you have to look at the negotives. As for Argentina being a > below par team, well England were hardly at full strength were they now eh?
> Now get behind your country you weasel, if this was any other country
> they were be rejoicing. *shakes fist*

Who says i haven't been "Rejoicing" for the past few hours. As i have asked before, show me the one place where i have said it was a poor win. Exactly, i haven't. All i have done is looked at an area not many have. So again i am being critisized for looking at something that COULD (Not will) become fact. And about the sub-par thing, ITS FREAKING TRUE. You cannot truthfully tell me that Argentina played the best they could today because they quite blatently didn't.
Fri 07/06/02 at 21:36
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Fair enough I suppose. The world cup happens once every four years so I'm going to get as worked up about it as humanly possible. Everytime we win I'm going to act like we've won the competition and I'm going to go into every game as if we are going to win. I don't care who we are playing, I don't care about dissapointment, I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

If we do go out, I'll feel like it's the end of the world, but that goes with the territory of supporting England 100% and thinking they will win every game.
Fri 07/06/02 at 21:33
Regular
i totally agree with Gabbo. Okay, so we've just beaten the favourites to win the world cup, and do we celebrate? no, instead you have to look at the negotives. As for Argentina being a below par team, well England were hardly at full strength were they now eh?

Now get behind your country you weasel, if this was any other country they were be rejoicing. *shakes fist*
Fri 07/06/02 at 21:25
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
Because if you are prepared for (And i'm not saying expecting here) disapointment just in case it happens, you won't be as disapointed

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.