GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's Bloody Brilliant!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 19:38
Regular
June 6th, D-day, will be a date for me to remember for a good long while. Why? Well first of all, it was my 17th Birthday, but more importantly....I got a GameCube!

Yesterday, I went to town with two of my best friends, early morning to make sure at least one shop would have a GameCube in stock. Anyway, after the long 30-45 minute bus journey (only takes an extra 15 minutes to walk) I made sure I had the money for a nice GameCube bundle I saw in Game, and travelled along Queen Street until I got there.

Good!
The store's practically empty, surely there'll be atleast one in stock...
None.

So I went round the corner to EB, then Debenhams EB, then to MVC, and as I was getting ready to give up, I remembered Toys-R-us.

1 left!!!

I didn't care how much it was, I had to have it!

Luckily it was the rrp of £129.99, so I handed over the cash, made sure I had the penny change ( :D) and went back to EB to buy some games. I managed to buy myself Burnout, Simpsons Road Rage and even XGIII, and a black GameCube controller (to go with my purple GameCube) and a Memory Card 59. As well as that I managed to buy Leon and Austin Powers 2 on DVD in a special offer at another shop.

Anyway, by the end of the first hour of the afternoon, I went home, unplugged the power and scart lead of my Dreamcast, and plugged in the GameCube. I could feel a tingling feeling in my arms and legs, and I turned on the TV, pressed the 'AV' button on the remote, and pressed the power button on the console.

That was it, set the time, date and any other functions, and I was already playing Tournament mode with my friends and my brother, who swore he'd never play the GameCube and tutted at every mention.

Five hours, 2 burgers (with onions) each, and many turns on the GameCube later, it was time for my friends to go. I opened the door of my room, and the air that entered felt cold. The four of us in one room had heated it quicker than global warming, but we didn't notice, we were having fun.

When they left, I started to play the single player modes, Luigi's Mansion, Star Wars Rogue Leader and Super Monkey Ball, until the early hours of the morning when I eventually decided that I'd better sleep so I can play again the next day.

Let me tell you something. If you ain't already got the GameCube, it's BLOODY BRILLIANT! I've only come online to give my thumbs a break (and I type this?) and to prove to myself that, for at least five minutes, I can bare to be away from that machine...

So if you're thinking of getting one, and you want something to make up your mind, just remember what I said: It's BLOODY BRILLIANT! Now to get back to Burnout...
Tue 11/06/02 at 20:02
Few hours to go now...
Tue 11/06/02 at 19:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Im not really bothered about all this new-fangled driving lark.

I'm a GREENPEACE activist!

Nah, Im just not bothered one. little. bit

;-)
Tue 11/06/02 at 19:48
Regular
Just don't do as many white van and taxi drivers do - drive whilst holding a mobile to the ear. If you're gonna use a mobile, use hands free, or better still, stop (where it's legal to park) and finish your call. I know that whilst I'm using my phone, I'm less reactant to stuff, and if I was driving, would be putting my own, and more importantly many other peoples lives at risk.

48 hours and I'll be telling you how my first lessons went probably...if I survive them lol
Tue 11/06/02 at 12:14
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I heard about some Motorway course you can do that'll knock a large chunk off your insurance costs if you pass it....

Anyone else know anything about this??
Tue 11/06/02 at 12:12
Regular
Phi11ip wrote:
> Solskjær wrote:
>
> I wanna be able to drive, but I don't wanna have to learn!
>
>
> I don't think that gonna work...
>
> :c)

By the way some people are on the roads I don't think you really *have* to learn. Or maybe that's how blonde women are supposed to drive? :oP
Tue 11/06/02 at 12:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
DAMN!! :(

Then again, anything's possible if you can get a bit of money on your side... ;D

Or maybe the Mafia can help!?? ;)
Tue 11/06/02 at 12:08
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Solskjær wrote:
>
> I wanna be able to drive, but I don't wanna have to learn!

I don't think that gonna work...

:c)
Tue 11/06/02 at 12:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Uh-oh.... that reminds me....

I'll probably start my driving lessons sometime this summer too!! :S

I wanna be able to drive, but I don't wanna have to learn!
I know i'll fail!! :(
Mon 10/06/02 at 21:03
Regular
"Remember me?"
Edgy wrote:
> Dark Mark wrote:
> Yeah, Gamecube rules! I'm so glad I got up at 7am so that I could go
> and get your Gamecube with you... if only to kick your backside on
> Smash Bros Melee a whole load. :D:D:D
>
> Ah, but in these last few days, I have improved :)

Not enough, believe me.
Sun 09/06/02 at 22:26
Regular
Dark Mark wrote:
> Yeah, Gamecube rules! I'm so glad I got up at 7am so that I could go
> and get your Gamecube with you... if only to kick your backside on
> Smash Bros Melee a whole load. :D:D:D

Ah, but in these last few days, I have improved :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.