GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sven's Men Ratings"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 19:07
Regular
whoa! well that was fun wasn’t it! Anyways seems like no-one is going to do one of these so i might as well do it.

Right here's how i rate Sven's men:

David Seamen: England’s no.1 nuff said really. Crucial save from a second half corner, never looked under any sort of pressure, but was as we have come to expect over the years faultless. Good on ya mate. 8

Danny Mills: Considering he is playing in his first world cup the mans done well. Silenced his critics from the Sweden game, looked solid at the back and worked his way into some good positions up the right flank to give Butt etc some options, some nice touches led to some decent and promising moves. Consistent throughout the game. 8

Rio Ferdinand: Continued from the opener he was clearing balls all game, never stopped working, dealt with some heavy pressure towards the end of the game. Another animated celebration of the goal sticks in my mind. An England regular from now on methinks. 9

Sol Campbell: Along with Rio was very solid, no mistakes, and a lot of clearances. Continues to impress. 7

Ashley Cole: Did his usual trademark rash challenges early on, but calmed down to a top game on the troubled left-side. Didn’t let much get by him, gave some cover for the centre backs and dealt with threat of Ortega. 8

Trevor Sinclair: Only a couple of weeks ago it seemed his world cup dreams were over when he was sent home. Made superb runs down the left, including a mazy dribble and getting a usefull shot in. Did his defensive duties as well as linking up with scholes to create some promising situations. How many caps has he had for England? Played as if he had about 100. Nice one mate. 9

Paul Scholes: Once again worked his socks off in his usual midfield role, Linked up to the forwards with great effect, particularly in the first half when we dominated, also never neglected his defecise role, where he prevented the argentine through balls. A possible candidate for man of the match. 9

Nicky Butt: Taking the Gerrard holding role looked, played a blinder, pressurised the Argentine midfield. Determined not to let much past he excelled in this new role for England. Looks like we have found cover for Gerrard. A superb ball to set up a chance for Owen in the first half. Well done son. 10

David Beckham: Surprisingly lasted the full 90 minutes, and never looked tired. Looked comfortable in his right midfield role, did well on the ball, knocking some good key balls to the forwards. A very happy captain after his superb penalty did the keeper all ends up. 9

Emile Heskey: people doubted him, including me, but perhaps after his solid performance he can now go onto establishing a regular forward role with owen. Used hi strength to knock on a couple of long balls which helped set-up Owen. Taken off after an hour, but did his job well. 7

Michael Owen: The boy wonder indeed. Took advantage of the fact that the argentine defence were pretty damn frightened of him. Won the penalty, worked hard and created chances for himself. Unlucky not to score but a top performance. 8

Well may I say no more about the lads. I’d also like to take this opportunity to stick to fingers up at the media clones who continue to put us down. Apparently we cant knock the ball around? Well we proved that was wrong with 17 passes leading up to a superb teddy sheringham volley which would have been the best goal of the world cup so far. All that’s left to say is get behind the lads and roll on Wednesday….

Quinty
Sat 08/06/02 at 09:46
Regular
"England skipper"
Seaman - 7. Made a few comforable saves,and made a good stop of the line.

Mills - 7. Had a great game, better game than the sweden game.

Rio - 8. very strong throughout.

Campbell - 7. made some good clearences

Cole - 8. made some exellent runs

Beckham - 6. scord the winning goal, he was very calm

Butt - 9. Had a cracking game got world cup man of the match

Hargreaves - Didnt feature for long as he picked up a knock, but he was strong when he was on.

Scholes - 8. Worked his socks off, had a good volley saved.

Heskey - 7. A very strong figure, came back in his own half to help out.

Owen - 8. A great performence from the little boy, hit the post very unlucky, and got the penalty.

Sinclair - 7. Came on as a sub early on to replace Hardgreves, had a good game.

Sheringham - 7. Again came on as a sub for heskey, with his first touch he nearly scored.

Bridge - 6. Came on as a sub late on, didn't see much of him.

Overall a great team performence.
Sat 08/06/02 at 00:21
Regular
"es argh"
I'm gonna predict Ortega's ratings :-

David Seaman:good hair, gave Crespo mean look. should be sent off -0

Danny Mills: He gave ortega a mean look, should be sent off -0

Rio Ferdinand: he stoopid. he hit ball with his head, should be sent off -0

Sol Campbell: he has no hair, should be sent off -0

Ashley Cole: He dived when batistuta clatered into him, should be sent off -0

Trevor Sinclair: he do skill on defenders, no fair, should be sent off

Paul Scholes: ball bounced off his foot, he didn't volley, he ginge, should be sent off -0

Nicky Butt: bad player, don't have long hair, should be sent off-0

David Beckham: He was poo poo poo, scored by fluke, didn't shake simeonononononone handy, should be sent off

Michael Owen: He dive more than Batistuta...I mean...should be sent off -0

Sorry Ortega :D
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:14
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
David Seamen: Stoppedn some cracking headers, especially the last one. When defenders make mistakes, it's usually forgotten about in a few days. If Seamen had made a mistake and conceded, he would be hated for along time to come. 10

Danny Mills: I have to say, seeing him even fly to Japan/Koreo was a suprise. Made a vital mistake against Swededn but still played well overall in the game. Played superbly against The Arge Barge's. Some speedy runs down the wing and some good crosses. 8

Rio Ferdinand: A rock in defence and you can tell he means business when you saw him mount Sol's shoulders and shout. Headed clear alot and picked up the peaces. 10

Sol Campbell: I can safely say, we all felt sorry for him when his goal was disaloud last time. Played really well today and deserves his place in the team. 8

Ashley Cole: "Well played our Ashley, i saw well played" The great words of Fred from Corry. We're weak down the left and Cole kept it tight. 9

Trevor Sinclair: It's hard to come on after a game has started so Trevor done well to fit into the flow of the game. 8

Paul Scholes: I've been playing Fifa 2002 World Cup alot the past few days and Scholes keeps scoring which was suprising. With the way he played today, it's no suprise he kept on scoring. 8

Nicky Butt: Plays for Man Utd. i hear. With this performance, he deserves to be payed rediculouse amounts of money. 10

David Beckham: Not as good as i had expected but still was good. 7

Michael Owen: Hit the post and played really well. What else can i say? 9
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:04
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
Seaman - 7. Didn't have much to do but did it well.

Mills - 7. Still a bit dodgy but improving.

Rio - 8. Strong throughout.

Campbell - 7. Didn't really feature much.

Cole - 8. Both attacked and defended well.

Beckham - 6. Another ok performance. He's still not fully fit.

Butt - 9. Surprisingly good.

Hargreaves - ?? Wasn't on long enough. Looked to be solid though.

Scholes - 8. Solid performance.

Heskey - 7. This proves he is by far a better forward than he is a winger.

Owen - 6. Alot better since Sweden. Better going forward but still didn't close down when they had the ball when he could have easily made passes harder for the Argentines. The attack is the first line of defence.

Sinclair - 7. Not bad, this is how he should play every match. His matches lack consistency.

Sheringham - 7. Didn't do anything hugely meaningful but passed and moved well.

Bridge - 6. Didn't get enough time to do anything. We hardly had the ball whilst he was on anyway.
Fri 07/06/02 at 19:40
Regular
"Bobba you"
David Seamen: Played really well, saved some good shots 8

Danny Mills: did a few clearences played well 7

Rio Ferdinand: Played brillaint saved Seaman a few times 9

Sol Campbell: Played well, and worked hard 7

Ashley Cole: Played well, and worked hard 7

Trevor Sinclair: Well I thought why Trevor sinclair? But he had a great game made a few runs 9

Paul Scholes: Had a great game worked hard, and had a few shots on target 9

Nicky Butt: First game back played brillaint 10

David Beckham: Scoredt the winning goal! Played very well 10

Emile Heskey: I was surprised how well he played. Set up Owen but he hit the post! 10

Michael Owen: Played brillaint! Hit the post unlucky mate! 10

Well I think if England keep playing like this they will win the world cup!

Well played lads!

All your support

Redpath
Fri 07/06/02 at 19:07
Regular
whoa! well that was fun wasn’t it! Anyways seems like no-one is going to do one of these so i might as well do it.

Right here's how i rate Sven's men:

David Seamen: England’s no.1 nuff said really. Crucial save from a second half corner, never looked under any sort of pressure, but was as we have come to expect over the years faultless. Good on ya mate. 8

Danny Mills: Considering he is playing in his first world cup the mans done well. Silenced his critics from the Sweden game, looked solid at the back and worked his way into some good positions up the right flank to give Butt etc some options, some nice touches led to some decent and promising moves. Consistent throughout the game. 8

Rio Ferdinand: Continued from the opener he was clearing balls all game, never stopped working, dealt with some heavy pressure towards the end of the game. Another animated celebration of the goal sticks in my mind. An England regular from now on methinks. 9

Sol Campbell: Along with Rio was very solid, no mistakes, and a lot of clearances. Continues to impress. 7

Ashley Cole: Did his usual trademark rash challenges early on, but calmed down to a top game on the troubled left-side. Didn’t let much get by him, gave some cover for the centre backs and dealt with threat of Ortega. 8

Trevor Sinclair: Only a couple of weeks ago it seemed his world cup dreams were over when he was sent home. Made superb runs down the left, including a mazy dribble and getting a usefull shot in. Did his defensive duties as well as linking up with scholes to create some promising situations. How many caps has he had for England? Played as if he had about 100. Nice one mate. 9

Paul Scholes: Once again worked his socks off in his usual midfield role, Linked up to the forwards with great effect, particularly in the first half when we dominated, also never neglected his defecise role, where he prevented the argentine through balls. A possible candidate for man of the match. 9

Nicky Butt: Taking the Gerrard holding role looked, played a blinder, pressurised the Argentine midfield. Determined not to let much past he excelled in this new role for England. Looks like we have found cover for Gerrard. A superb ball to set up a chance for Owen in the first half. Well done son. 10

David Beckham: Surprisingly lasted the full 90 minutes, and never looked tired. Looked comfortable in his right midfield role, did well on the ball, knocking some good key balls to the forwards. A very happy captain after his superb penalty did the keeper all ends up. 9

Emile Heskey: people doubted him, including me, but perhaps after his solid performance he can now go onto establishing a regular forward role with owen. Used hi strength to knock on a couple of long balls which helped set-up Owen. Taken off after an hour, but did his job well. 7

Michael Owen: The boy wonder indeed. Took advantage of the fact that the argentine defence were pretty damn frightened of him. Won the penalty, worked hard and created chances for himself. Unlucky not to score but a top performance. 8

Well may I say no more about the lads. I’d also like to take this opportunity to stick to fingers up at the media clones who continue to put us down. Apparently we cant knock the ball around? Well we proved that was wrong with 17 passes leading up to a superb teddy sheringham volley which would have been the best goal of the world cup so far. All that’s left to say is get behind the lads and roll on Wednesday….

Quinty

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.