GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/10/00 at 12:24
Regular
The X box will be the last in the current wave of consoles and the most powerfull interms of raw processor ability. Is this enough to make better games?
Surely we are reaching the limit of the degree of photo realism in graphics we need.What we need is larger more senorally stimulating games, in short more subtle game play.
Does anyone know how the xbox would achive this, or has microsoft missed the point?
Fri 20/10/00 at 12:24
The X box will be the last in the current wave of consoles and the most powerfull interms of raw processor ability. Is this enough to make better games?
Surely we are reaching the limit of the degree of photo realism in graphics we need.What we need is larger more senorally stimulating games, in short more subtle game play.
Does anyone know how the xbox would achive this, or has microsoft missed the point?
Sat 22/03/08 at 14:20
Regular
Below is a list off hedging/wind break,shrubs and perennials which will grow on Barra.
Barra's soil type is slightly acidic with a PH of between 5.5 - 7 and it has a high level of salt due to being so close to the coast. For that reason when buying shrubs,perennials try to get New zealand native plants as they thrive on salt.
the most damaging wind direction for plants gowing on Barra is the southerly winds.

SHURBS/HEDGING
1.Arbutus unedo
2.Arundinaria
3.Choisya ternata
4.Colutea
5.Cordyline
6.Cotoneaster
7.Cytisus
8.Elaeagnus
9.Escallonia
10.Fushsia
11.Garrya elliptica
12.Genista
13.Hebe
14.Helianthemum
15.Hippophae ramnoides
16.Hydrangea macrophylla
17.Llex aquifolium
18Lavandula
19.Olearia
20.Phlomis
21.Pittosporum
22Pyracantha
23Rosmarinus
24.Rhododendron
25.Azalea
26.Salix
27.Santolina
28.Spartium
29.Spiraea
30.Tamarix
31.Ulex
32.Viburnum
33.Yucca
34.Berberis
35.Heather/Calluna
36.Erica(winter flowering Heather)
PERENNIALS
1.Tulip
2.Lily
3.Armeria Maritima (Sea thrift)
4.Aster
5.Astilbe
6.Geranium
7.Hosta
8.Kniphofia (Red Hot Poker)
9.Limonium Latifolium (Sea Lavender)
10Phlox Paniculata
11.Primrose
12.Shrub Rose
13.Floribunda rose
Hybrid Rose
Wed 22/10/08 at 15:43
Regular
Really useful information. I have a friend on Coll who will want to see this. I shall suggest she visit your site. Her husband grew up on Coll and they have built their own home from scratch, and she is now concentrating on their garden.

Also, I have a young relative in Canada who is keen on Agriculture, and whom I am hoping to persuade to come and visit Barra. So will point out this site to him too.

Glad I found you.

Martha Lyn.

Martha Lyn (Presently staying in Cardross, but hoping to get up to Barra soon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.