GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World Cupdate ~ Argentina Vs. England"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 13:09
Regular
UPDATE - 29:47

Argentina 0-0 England

Owen Hargreaves off injured (18m)
Trevor Sinclair replaces him

TOP PLAYERS SO FAR:

Michael Owen
Nicky Butt
Emile Heskey
Trevor Sinclair
Ashley Cole

Loads off action so far, Owen hit the post, Batistuta should have arguably been sent off. England have pretty much all the play. Good game for us Brits so far!

NEXT UPDATE: Half Time of when a goal goes in.
Fri 07/06/02 at 13:09
UPDATE - 29:47

Argentina 0-0 England

Owen Hargreaves off injured (18m)
Trevor Sinclair replaces him

TOP PLAYERS SO FAR:

Michael Owen
Nicky Butt
Emile Heskey
Trevor Sinclair
Ashley Cole

Loads off action so far, Owen hit the post, Batistuta should have arguably been sent off. England have pretty much all the play. Good game for us Brits so far!

NEXT UPDATE: Half Time of when a goal goes in.
Fri 07/06/02 at 13:11
That should have said OR at the bottom instead of OF.

Also, Paul Scholes had a great run and is playing well!
Fri 07/06/02 at 13:21
UPDATE: 42:41

England Penalty!!

Owen tripped in the area, Beckham to take!

Argentina 0-1 England

Beckham 43:06 (P)
Fri 07/06/02 at 13:27
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Terrible penalty...every one Beckham gets he blasts down the middle.

Still, Owen's looked lively, Butt's showed us why he's in the team, Sinclair hasn't looked as crap as we all know he is ;-)

Nobody for England's playing badly. I'm sticking for 2-1 England, baby!
Fri 07/06/02 at 13:42
UPDATE: Half Time

Argentina Substitution

< Veron
Aimar >

So, captain Veron has gone off. He never really got into the game, and I expect that's why he got substituted.
Fri 07/06/02 at 13:54
UPDATE: 56:33

Argentina 0-1 England

England Substitution

< Heskey
Sheringham >

Great change, Beckham, Owen and Sheringham have each had near misses. Great game, at least this time England are playing well throughout the game, unlike Sweden-England.
Fri 07/06/02 at 13:56
UPDATE: 59:07

Argentian Substitution

< Batistuta
Crespo >

England creating more and more chances. A deserved lead, hardly any mistakes, and unlike Argentina, a fairly decent record, with 2 yellows and few fouls.
Fri 07/06/02 at 14:19
UPDATE: 80:08

Argentina 0-1 England

Argentina Substitution

< Gonzalez
Lopez >

England Substitution

< Owen
Bridge >

Bit shakey as the game draws to a close. England holding off so far, although I can't see it lasting. Seaman save one on the line. Referee Colina has refereed well as the match gets more and more tense.

NEXT UPDATE: Player ratings and comments, unless a goal goes in.
Fri 07/06/02 at 15:09
UPDATE: Full Time.

Argentina 0-1 England

Beckham 44:07 (Penalty)

Great game, England victors at the end of it all.

DAVID SEAMAN: Not really troubled in the first half, and the early minutes of the second. Kept out what did come at him. Made some great, match saving saves. Kept the England defence on their toes, which stopped shots and counter attacks getting through. RATING OUT OF 10, I'd give 9.

DANNY MILLS: Held up the right side of the field, and linked well with Beckham. Made forward, promising runs. If he plays like this for the rest of England's World Cup campaign, he'll certainly be a great player. Not sure about him going to Japan/Korea, but judging on his performance today, I take back all what i said. RATING OUT OF 10, I'd give him 8.

SOL CAMPBELL: A strong figure in the back four, definatly worth his place. Came into the game raring to go, especially after his goal against Sweden. In this match, Sol done what he does best...not letting anyone get past him. Definatly a top class performance. Lived up to the pressure of such a big game. RATING OUT OF 10, I'd give Sol 9.

RIO FERDINAND: The support of the defence. He was the man that held the defence up. His height proved an advantage for the team, clearing all of Argentina's high crosses. Marked the Argies front two well. Again, like Sol, he lived up to what was expected of him. RATING OUT OF 10, I'd give him a 9.5.

ASHLEY COLE: Played well, keeping Batistuta out of the shooting range. Got a few bumps, but not too bad. Deserved to play the full 90 mins. Made some world class runs, and managed to track back when needed. Had a great game. A promising youngster, who still has more room for improvement, which will make him that little bit better. RATING OUT OF 10, Ashley gets a 9.

DAVID BECKHAM: Captain marvel, played a full 90 mins, with his foot not seeming the slightest troubled. This man has certainly changed since four years ago, and he showed that today. A superb performance, which the Nation expected. What more can I say? RATING OUT OF 10, I’d give David 8.5.

OWEN HARGREAVES: Unfortunately picked up a knock early on. From what he played, he showed great skill, and that his footballing mind is ever increasing. A great dribbler, weaving through the midfield of Argentina. RATING OUT OF 10, I’d give him a 7.

NICKY BUTT: Showed today that he can play at international level no problem. Pretty much all of his passes were to feet, and hardly lost the ball. Played a few great through balls, leading to chances. Made classy tackles, and inspiring runs. Deserved to play in a squad of this level. RATING OUT OF 10, I’d give Nicky a 10. WORLD CUPDATE MAN OF THE MATCH.

PAUL SCHOLES: When Hargreaves went off, Scholes moved across to his preferred position. Played great, with through balls, setting up the penalty that England scored. Totally deserved to play the full 90 mins. The man that held the midfield together. RATING OUT OF 10, 8.5.

MICHAEL OWEN: After a bad game against Sweden, came out and played like the Michael Owen that we know. Nearly shattered Argentina’s World Cup once again, with his two amazing shots, one hitting the post. Played well alongside Heskey, as the two have experience, playing together at Liverpool. RATING OUT OF 10, 9.

EMILE HESKEY: Played great throughout the match. Supported Michael Owen well, setting him up a lot of the time. He also got back and helped his defensive team mates. Shame he never played the full 90 mins. RATING OUT OF 10, Emile gets a 9.

TREVOR SINCLAIR: Came on early in the game and took over from Scholes well, playing down the left side of Midfield. Good job he came back, as he was a key figure in the squad. Although not left footed, he still ran his heart out for country, dribbling past, just like he does for West Ham. Great support for both defence and attack, Sinclair gets a good rating. RATING OUT OF 10, 9.

TEDDY SHERINGHAM: Played up front by himself when he came on. When playing with Owen, he supported him well, having good chances, nearly even scoring. Deserved to come on, certainly should play a part in the Nigeria-England match. RATING OUT OF 10, Teddy gets an 8.

WAYNE BRIDGE: Played little in the game, but for what he did play, showed his full potential. Took the left back position well, allowing England to play “everyone back, Sheringham stays up”. RATING OUT OF 10, Wayne gets a 7.

Overall, a great performance, certainly deserved the victory. Looks like we’re on our way to the second round.
Fri 07/06/02 at 15:38
Regular
"England skipper"
England deserved the win, i could see how much it ment to them,Beckhams penalty was a screamer, no keeper in the world could of stopped that,
and every player from the england squad played to there abillity so that was good to see.
Just hope Hardgreves is ok as he clashed into Owen and hobbled off.
It was an exellent game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.