GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Remembering the BBC Micro"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/03/08 at 13:30
Regular
BBC

Not sure why I'm posting this because I dont think any of you remember it. :( Over 30? I'm only 27 and my dad got us one of these, though it was probably for himself. I remember this one disk with a naked lady on it :O

Lots of great games, my first computer, good times.
Fri 21/03/08 at 13:30
Regular
BBC

Not sure why I'm posting this because I dont think any of you remember it. :( Over 30? I'm only 27 and my dad got us one of these, though it was probably for himself. I remember this one disk with a naked lady on it :O

Lots of great games, my first computer, good times.
Fri 21/03/08 at 13:32
Regular
"Monochromatic"
We had one in primary school. Loved it
Fri 21/03/08 at 13:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, used to use it at school. I remember some of the educational games being good fun. I can't remember any of the names of the games though.
Fri 21/03/08 at 15:30
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I installed the first BBC B in school back in the early 80's. We then acquired a BBC Master - slightly bigger machine. You actually had to install a chip to provide a word processing capability. Happy days learning and teaching BBC Basic - typing line after line of basic to achieve very little!

One of the games, apart from the odd educational one, was called Mines or Dennis in the Mines, I forget.

BBC B's etc were replaced by RM Nimbus 186 and then RM Windowbox - Ist Windows operating system 3.1 - what a joy that was.
Fri 21/03/08 at 15:47
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
What was that Geography one called where you had to locate the capital cities? I always wanted to play that one!
Fri 21/03/08 at 15:51
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I remember there was a educational game with dragons. No idea what that was called.

I had a book where it gave you all the script to make little games. It had BBC and Spectrum games in it. There was a good little horse (star) racing game.
Fri 21/03/08 at 19:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Here is a site that may help your request, I can remember very little at the moment, except that we all had a great time trying to program and play 'these' games:

bbcmicrogames

Some of the games you mention aren't listed but I do vaguely remember the one's you mention and I'll try to remember
Fri 21/03/08 at 19:41
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Dragonlance wrote:
> Here is a site that may help your request, I can remember very
> little at the moment, except that we all had a great time trying
> to program and play 'these' games:
>
> bbcmicrogames
>
> Some of the games you mention aren't listed but I do vaguely
> remember the one's you mention and I'll try to remember

Not related to above but when we updated to RM Windowbox, we worked hard to install and play 'Captain Keen', one hell of a game then and another 'Tank...something' - can't remember!
Fri 21/03/08 at 19:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Heh, Dare Devil Denis was great. :)
Fri 21/03/08 at 22:28
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I bought a BBC Micro model B (with my own money!) way back in time and it was bloody brilliant. We had a room full of them at school so I was well up on BBC Basic and even wrote my own game, just a simple pontoon game.

I had a few games and two of my all time favourites were on the BBC: Citadel and Imogen. Other greats I remember were the Repton series, Zalaga, Galactica, Elite (of course), Exile and the frustratingly brilliant Thrust

I've collected a few links to related sites over the years and you can find them on my del.icio.us account.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.