GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General SSBM advice desperately needed!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/06/02 at 11:02
Regular
I've owned SSBM since last Friday and have played it at every possible chance. However, truth is, I trully stink at this game!!
To add insult to injury, I've recently signed up for an SSBM tourney at my local games shop and I really need to work on my game.

Any generaly tips/advice that can be given will be greatly appreciated! Who's the best character to use? I'm quite good at using Bowser or Samus. Are they good choices? HELP ME...PLEASE!!!
Sat 08/06/02 at 16:39
Regular
Don't use Samus, she runs like a retard. Roy and Marth are good characters to use, they're counter move (B + down) will block all pyshical attacks and then do a smash attack back to them. Sheild breaker and Roy's equivalent are also incredibly powerfuf moves, when Roy's is fully charged it is a one hit KO move!
Dr Mario is damn good if you learn his moves, he can block and counter as well as hitting multiple enimies with the tornado attack.
Sat 08/06/02 at 15:03
Regular
"Selected"
mikelar10 wrote:
> <:8 )~~Blaze~~( 8:wrote:
> Could someone help me on the home run thing?
>
> Try the thread 'ssbm home run contest' Blaze.
>
>
> it's = http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php
> threadid=44498&forumid=132

this link dosn't work - sorry. doh.
Sat 08/06/02 at 15:01
Regular
"Selected"
<:8 )~~Blaze~~( 8:> wrote:
> Could someone help me on the home run thing?

Try the thread 'ssbm home run contest' Blaze.

it's = http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php
threadid=44498&forumid=132
Sat 08/06/02 at 01:36
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Could someone help me on the home run thing?
Fri 07/06/02 at 22:44
Regular
What really sets Experience players from beginners/button bashers is the use of rolling.

Samus is especially good at rolling.

Hold down L or R to sheild and then tap left or right to roll.
Not only does this allow you to dodge and counter heavy moves (it takes practice, but master it and you'll be so invincible, only I will be able to beat you! ;-) ) it makes you look very good and impressive and will send your opponent into a panicked button bashing frenzy of fustration (witch you'll have no problems avoiding and countering if you've practiced well enough) giving you a stylish, impressive-looking victory.
Fri 07/06/02 at 21:49
Regular
Another good weapon to look out for is the Super Scope, charge that little bad boy up and say goodbye to the oposition.
Fri 07/06/02 at 21:37
Regular
"Selected"
Make sure you get EVERY pokeball. You'll just need to release one good pokemon on everyone and there done for (especially since some of the more powerful pokemon can do up to and over 70 in one attack). Alternatively, make sure you get your grubby hands on a lips stick/baseball bat if it appears. Become proficient with them and you'll KO everything.
Fri 07/06/02 at 21:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I use Kirby.

He kicks more @®$£ than everyone else!

He looks like bubble gum with a face too.

(Well really, his moves are really good, he's fast and he has 5 jumps at one time.)

:-)
Fri 07/06/02 at 17:14
Regular
"You've upset me"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I reckon Roy is prettty damn good as well and it sounds funy when the
> crowd cheer for him so that's always good.

"Roys our boy, Roys our boy..."
Fri 07/06/02 at 13:24
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
i personally think dk is one of the best, although no-one has mentioned him yet. he was my fave in the original game, and is even better now. use tap forward+B to smash people into the ground, if they aren't very good then they'll be stuck in the ground for a few seconds, giving you time to use dk's big punch. his up+B attack it a good crowd splitter, as is down+B.
his 'A' smash moves are pretty good as well, and his general movement speed is good. to win you are going to have to learn to dodge attacks, even if you only dodge sideways on the floor(shielding, then a direction) but if you can dodge in the air(L or R in the air) then you will dodge many more attacks, making you last a lot longer. another advantage of dk is he doesn't get knocked very far, but this also means that you can get hit by multiple attacks before you get knocked away form an enemy, so its also a disadvantage.

just practise with a variety of characters in practice mode to get better

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.