GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 2, Released October!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/06/02 at 21:43
Regular
From Upwire.com

-----
Got anything planned for October? Cancel it, cos Pro Evolution Soccer 2 is coming to PS2 to take over your life!
Criticising Pro Evolution Soccer on the PS2 is a bit like kicking Anna Kournikova out of bed because she's rubbish at tennis - completely unnecessary. With the best football game of all time already in the bag, how on Earth can Konami hope to improve it? We were initially skeptical, but Konami have revealed some new features and play modes for Pro Evolution Soccer 2, as well as revealing the October European release date. Woop!

For starters, the player animation has again been spruced up, adding even more frames into the player movements. Players no longer do that annoying trip when tackled either, so you can get right back on the game, snapping at the blighter's heels immediately. An extensive training mode has been added, including a new mini-game, requiring you to hit a coloured target in the middle of the goal. You'll need to learn how to do the new free kicks first - fans will be glad to know the original system has been torn down and a more instinctive system has replaced it. Meaning you can actually score.

The heart and soul of the game, the Master League, has also had a bit of spit and polish. Now you can play a proper season, with cup games popping up between important league clashes. An extra division has been added, meaning you'll have to rise from the ranks of the third division before you top the first. Player fitness and contracts will also come into play a lot more, giving the game a more tactical feel. Finally, and perhaps best of all, you can now edit team names and flags - this means the end of playing as the ultra-vague London squad.

Out now in Japan, under the name Winning Eleven 6, Pro Evolution Soccer 2 will be coming to these shores in October this year.

----------------

Well I'e heard things that it could've been released as early as September, ah well, only an extra month to wait.

I'm now on BROWN UNDERWEAR AERT!!! This game is gonna rule. I've recently found an IN GAME demo of it on the internet (Not playable you nutters) and here it is.

http://www.pes2.com/

Click on the download section (on the right hand side) and you should se 'ingame demo' under the heading 'movies' and then *In Cartman style* CLEEEEEEEEEEEEK

You'll have to wait while it loads so wit a while.

Roll on October I say.
Wed 05/06/02 at 21:43
Regular
"es argh"
From Upwire.com

-----
Got anything planned for October? Cancel it, cos Pro Evolution Soccer 2 is coming to PS2 to take over your life!
Criticising Pro Evolution Soccer on the PS2 is a bit like kicking Anna Kournikova out of bed because she's rubbish at tennis - completely unnecessary. With the best football game of all time already in the bag, how on Earth can Konami hope to improve it? We were initially skeptical, but Konami have revealed some new features and play modes for Pro Evolution Soccer 2, as well as revealing the October European release date. Woop!

For starters, the player animation has again been spruced up, adding even more frames into the player movements. Players no longer do that annoying trip when tackled either, so you can get right back on the game, snapping at the blighter's heels immediately. An extensive training mode has been added, including a new mini-game, requiring you to hit a coloured target in the middle of the goal. You'll need to learn how to do the new free kicks first - fans will be glad to know the original system has been torn down and a more instinctive system has replaced it. Meaning you can actually score.

The heart and soul of the game, the Master League, has also had a bit of spit and polish. Now you can play a proper season, with cup games popping up between important league clashes. An extra division has been added, meaning you'll have to rise from the ranks of the third division before you top the first. Player fitness and contracts will also come into play a lot more, giving the game a more tactical feel. Finally, and perhaps best of all, you can now edit team names and flags - this means the end of playing as the ultra-vague London squad.

Out now in Japan, under the name Winning Eleven 6, Pro Evolution Soccer 2 will be coming to these shores in October this year.

----------------

Well I'e heard things that it could've been released as early as September, ah well, only an extra month to wait.

I'm now on BROWN UNDERWEAR AERT!!! This game is gonna rule. I've recently found an IN GAME demo of it on the internet (Not playable you nutters) and here it is.

http://www.pes2.com/

Click on the download section (on the right hand side) and you should se 'ingame demo' under the heading 'movies' and then *In Cartman style* CLEEEEEEEEEEEEK

You'll have to wait while it loads so wit a while.

Roll on October I say.
Wed 05/06/02 at 21:48
Regular
GTA: vice city out on 22nd october
Wed 05/06/02 at 21:49
Regular
"You Bum!!"
This game should definitely be brilliant-with improved gameplay I dont htink anyone will come close to rivalling it. From the vidoes I have seen you can now shoot and sent the keeper the wrong way -a bit like Own did to Argentina in 98. Everything looks pretty good at the moment,with the improved Master League awaiting us as well. Cant exactly say I am dying to play it-because to be honest most of the changes are very subtle. But I will certainly look forward to getting it in the autumn
Wed 05/06/02 at 21:51
Regular
seriously though, i think that the game will be good
Thu 06/06/02 at 10:37
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Master League - divisions and cup games - Contracts and Injuries....is this seriously a dream? The best ever football game now gets the little bits of Champ man that i so much wanted!? Excellent is a word that comes to mind. Seriously cant wait for this now, with Pro Evo and ISS 2 in the PS2 most of the time right now im on football over load, and with this game not at all that far off, things are looking great.
Fri 07/06/02 at 08:57
Regular
"England skipper"
I guess i will be getting two new games in october now.
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:39
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yes!

Pro Evo 2!

October!

Yes!

My birthday!

October!

You should sort of get it....

;-)
Wed 12/06/02 at 20:53
Regular
POP. im looking forward to this game now. must be footballitis ;)
Wed 12/06/02 at 20:59
Regular
yay! me cant wait.
Wed 12/06/02 at 21:03
Regular
it also comes out the same day as GTA vice city

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.