GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kai Zeh deserves some credit too"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/06/02 at 20:54
Regular
Can I ask two questions please? Who exactly is Mario? Is he:

A. A fish
B. A Plumber who battles Bowser
C. A sailor
D. A Robot
E. A type of plant

Easy enough as it was B. Now can you answer this? Who on Earth is Kai Zeh? Is he:

A. The guy who works at Toys 'r' Us
B. Footballer who plays for China
C. One of the coordinaters for Super Smash Brothers Melee
D. The guy who does Mario's voice
E. A type of mobile phone

Not so easy is it? If you said A, B or E you need to get some help... immediately. If you said D you are wrong. The actual answer is C, but I think it's easy that you have guessed it.. How did I know that then? Well iof anyone bothered to read the credits at the end of Super Smash Brothers Melee then you would know. But I bet you all pressed start to skip it all. Why? They deserve to be noticed too. This is my topic on why these people aren't noticed.

You play the best game in the world, say it was Metal Gear Solid 2 or Super Smash Brothers Melee, and you love it to bits. What do you do? Many of us go and tell friends, some may be quiet about it and some may even make a web site honouring the game in all it's glory. But who do you thank? Is it good old Mario for letting you control his every move travelling through his many worlds, or is it the creaters and developers. At school for example, do you talk about Mario's and Solid Snake's moves and looks or what the developers have done to make these well loved look so great and play so well.

Another thing too and like I've said before, what happens when you've completed a game? Do you watch the credits, or skip it and get through it as quick as possible? It's a bit obvious that everyone skips them. But why? I bet that if it was something to do with the main character you just played with then you would notice it and think "He or she is so cool." But when it is the boring, dull, lifeless credits you skip through them and think "The character I just used is so cool." No change really is there?

So after reading this I hope you will notice the people who have put a hell of a lot of effort into making the game you just played. Don't play the game and skip the credits, take note of the people who have caught your attention and given you so much joy. They are the people that matter, not Mario or Luigi. Well they do matter a little but no where near as much as these people mentioned. Just remember, if it weren't for them then there would be no games. And this topic is for all the people contributing to all games. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for reading.
Sat 08/06/02 at 12:10
Regular
"I Control All Pikmi"
I got both the questions wrong. Mario is a fish right? Good post by the way.
Fri 07/06/02 at 09:53
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Thanks for the sensible post. What you said about the 6-7 hours on the game then 5 minutes looking at who made the game is an important note.
Wed 05/06/02 at 22:15
Regular
"You've upset me"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Call me sad but when I first got the credits up on Smash Bros I tried
> to shoot all of the names and then read what it says about them, it's
> too hard to do all of them though :'(

I've managed to get 151 hits in that :-D

I agree though, it does seem a little selfish when these people have spent 2-3 sometimes 4-5 years on a game and yet no one bothers to sit through 5 minutes to give them a little credit. When I'm on the ending of Smash Bros, I shoot random names and the stuff they do is actually really interesting. Most of the time i hit names that do the voices of characters or "Stage Design" and I actually do think "if it weren't for that guy then Brinstar Depths wouldn't be that awesome.." and so on.

Here's to the credits!

*raises glass*

Good post, by the way :-D
Wed 05/06/02 at 21:06
Regular
Call me sad but when I first got the credits up on Smash Bros I tried to shoot all of the names and then read what it says about them, it's too hard to do all of them though :'(
Wed 05/06/02 at 20:58
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I didn't read your post, I just skipped straight to pressing the 'reply' button.
Wed 05/06/02 at 20:54
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Can I ask two questions please? Who exactly is Mario? Is he:

A. A fish
B. A Plumber who battles Bowser
C. A sailor
D. A Robot
E. A type of plant

Easy enough as it was B. Now can you answer this? Who on Earth is Kai Zeh? Is he:

A. The guy who works at Toys 'r' Us
B. Footballer who plays for China
C. One of the coordinaters for Super Smash Brothers Melee
D. The guy who does Mario's voice
E. A type of mobile phone

Not so easy is it? If you said A, B or E you need to get some help... immediately. If you said D you are wrong. The actual answer is C, but I think it's easy that you have guessed it.. How did I know that then? Well iof anyone bothered to read the credits at the end of Super Smash Brothers Melee then you would know. But I bet you all pressed start to skip it all. Why? They deserve to be noticed too. This is my topic on why these people aren't noticed.

You play the best game in the world, say it was Metal Gear Solid 2 or Super Smash Brothers Melee, and you love it to bits. What do you do? Many of us go and tell friends, some may be quiet about it and some may even make a web site honouring the game in all it's glory. But who do you thank? Is it good old Mario for letting you control his every move travelling through his many worlds, or is it the creaters and developers. At school for example, do you talk about Mario's and Solid Snake's moves and looks or what the developers have done to make these well loved look so great and play so well.

Another thing too and like I've said before, what happens when you've completed a game? Do you watch the credits, or skip it and get through it as quick as possible? It's a bit obvious that everyone skips them. But why? I bet that if it was something to do with the main character you just played with then you would notice it and think "He or she is so cool." But when it is the boring, dull, lifeless credits you skip through them and think "The character I just used is so cool." No change really is there?

So after reading this I hope you will notice the people who have put a hell of a lot of effort into making the game you just played. Don't play the game and skip the credits, take note of the people who have caught your attention and given you so much joy. They are the people that matter, not Mario or Luigi. Well they do matter a little but no where near as much as these people mentioned. Just remember, if it weren't for them then there would be no games. And this topic is for all the people contributing to all games. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for reading.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.