GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"oh my god"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/06/02 at 20:45
Regular
ill tell you what really annoys me, first person shooters in which you cant configure the left and right analogue sticks.

since the days of goldeneye, i have always used solitaire = walking and strafing in the right hand and looking and turning with the left (this can be used the opposite way round). this is always the best way to play since you can aim while moving, unlike the defaults on many games with which you turn and walk on the same analogue stick.

red faction offered the ability to customise the analogue sticks, e.g. vertical and horizontal pitch on one stick and walking/strafing on the other, so why cant every other game??? unreal tournament and quake 3 didnt offer this.

does anyone know if halo offers this before i go and spend money on an Xbox for this single game?
Wed 05/06/02 at 20:45
Regular
ill tell you what really annoys me, first person shooters in which you cant configure the left and right analogue sticks.

since the days of goldeneye, i have always used solitaire = walking and strafing in the right hand and looking and turning with the left (this can be used the opposite way round). this is always the best way to play since you can aim while moving, unlike the defaults on many games with which you turn and walk on the same analogue stick.

red faction offered the ability to customise the analogue sticks, e.g. vertical and horizontal pitch on one stick and walking/strafing on the other, so why cant every other game??? unreal tournament and quake 3 didnt offer this.

does anyone know if halo offers this before i go and spend money on an Xbox for this single game?
Wed 05/06/02 at 20:47
Regular
"ProGolfer"
One word. Punctuation.
Wed 05/06/02 at 20:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I used solitare as well, its the control style of champions. I was playing a demo of Halo in EB and when i went to try and configure the controls i couldnt see how to change it to how i wanted it. As a result i found manouvering a biatch.
Wed 05/06/02 at 20:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
fosbe wrote:
> One word. Punctuation.

One word, spelling.
Wed 05/06/02 at 20:51
Regular
There was a discussion about this a while ago, I don't think you can change the controls but I'm not sure since I don't own it.
Wed 05/06/02 at 20:54
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> I used solitare as well, its the control style of champions.

You got that right! I am un-defeated (and this is true) in about 600 matches! No one could beat me, my strafing techniques threw everybody!
Wed 05/06/02 at 20:56
Regular
"ProGolfer"
cookie monster wrote:
> fosbe wrote:
> One word. Punctuation.
>
> One word, spelling.

Well that would make 2.
Wed 05/06/02 at 21:10
Regular
one word. gimp
Wed 05/06/02 at 21:43
"slightlyshortertagl"
one word.

get Halo..

Oh wait that's two words damn....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.