GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How Do I Create A Standard Footer?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/03/08 at 18:16
Regular
"Victory is mine!"
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to create a header and footer in a seperate file and have it show in each webpage.

I would like to be able to do this so when I make a change to the footer it is only a matter of changing one file instead of doing each and every page.
Thu 20/03/08 at 09:19
"Are you sure?"
1/
Yes, changing the pages from HTML to PHP will affect your
indexed pages.

2/
You can only use a PHP include if your pages are .php
NB. You would also only be able to use an SSI/CGI include if your pages were .shtml

You can use .htaccess to allow php to run with html pages but I'm not sure if that will complicate things for you.

You could use a javascript or an iframe depending how search engine friendly you want to be.

You may be able to use some CSS - but I'm no expert.
I'm sure some others will have suggestions for you.

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 19/03/08 at 19:53
Regular
"Victory is mine!"
Thanks very much for pointing that out Hmmm.

It is a site though that is already indexed in the search engines at html files and that needs me to use the php extentsion. Two questions to that effect.

1. Will changing extensions from html to php affect the search engines?

2. Is there a way to do it still using html files?
I saw using the following code but can not get it to work,

I have created the footer file and place it in the same directory as the index file but in ie7 at least it does not display the footer.

Hmmm... wrote:
> You could use a PHP include.
> See Freeola's
> PHP help
> page
for details.
Wed 19/03/08 at 18:20
"Are you sure?"
You could use a PHP include.
See Freeola's PHP help page for details.

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 19/03/08 at 18:16
Regular
"Victory is mine!"
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to create a header and footer in a seperate file and have it show in each webpage.

I would like to be able to do this so when I make a change to the footer it is only a matter of changing one file instead of doing each and every page.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.