GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blitzball Championships - Special Reserve style!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/06/02 at 18:08
Regular
RM18 (Commentator): Hello and welcome to the World Blitzball Championships. Today we have four teams battling it out for the Special Reserve Cup. The ship that is carrying the players has just arrived so lets take a look. Out first is the SR Staff team. Look there’s Mr. Snuggly followed by shroeder, brad@specialreserve, Loki. These are the team to watch out for. They have won it very year for the last 4 times. I wonder who is going to win this time?
Out next is the Sony’s Team. The challengers this year. In the team we have Vottanator, KR, Liquid and Quinty. These four people are going to take the cup home; well that’s what they reckon anyway.
Out next are the Notables. We have SonicRav, Pro Evo, RastaBillySkank and Pb. These have won the cup before, but have not been playing their best for a long time.
And finally, they call themselves Team Spam they are Reynolds, FOOTBALL GOD, fosbe, and Liam666. Like they’re going to win...

Well, the stadium is filling up and the first two teams are up...The Notables Vs. The Sony’s.

The whistle blows and the match begins. Pro Evo has the ball. He is challenged by Liquid. He tries to break through him, but Liquid takes the ball off him. Liquid is dribbling. Sonic and Pb stop him. He tries to break through them both but fails and it’s Sonic that now has the ball. He passes to RBS. He sees Pro Evo waiting. A quick pass and Pro Evo is through. He is blocked. KR tries to tackle and misses. Pro Evo shoots and..Scores!!! 1-0 to the Notables. While they’re celebrating, the Sony’s take it quickly and Quinty is through. RBS tries to tackle him, and Quinty is through. The others look on as Quinty throws it; his leg moves back...The whistle blow for half time. They go in for a quick team talk. (10 minutes later)

They are back out and ready to go. ‘Blitzoff’ they start playing again. RBS has the blitzball. He looks for Sonic but the Vottanator blocks the pass. He is dribbling. Sonic and Pro Evo block him. He breakthroughs both of them and he has got a clean shot on goal. He shots...He scores!!! 1-1. It even Stevens. Who is going to win? There is only one minute left. KR has the ball. He looks for Liquid. Great pass. Quinty sees Vottantor calling for it. Another good pass. Sonic couldn’t get to it. Vottanotor has got the ball. Pb and Pro Evo try and tackle him, but fail and Vottantor shoots. The ball is swerving. RBS has missed it. It is twisting and turning. The keeper has missed it. It has hit the post and...Gone in!!! 2-1 to the Sony’s. The whistles blows and the Sony’s are through.

So with the Sony’s through and the Notables out, it time for the next match is Team Spam Vs. The Staff Team.

The players are out and they are ready to play. ‘Blitzoff.’ They start playing and Snuggly has the ball. He sees brad@specialreserve through. He hits a great pass and brad@specialreserve has it right infront of the goal. Fosbe tries to tackle but totally missed. Brad@specialreserve shoots and scores. 1-0. I have a feeling that Team Spam are going to lose, badly. Liam666 has it. He tries to pass, but it goes straight to Loki. He passes it to shroeder. Shroeder sees the keeper nearly falling asleep. He shoots and…scores!! 2-0. I think Team Spam are going to be very embarrassed. Fosbe has it. He sees Reynolds unmarked. A rubbish pass and Snuggly picks it up. All four try and block him, but he is through. He shoots and yes you guessed it…3-0!! Half-time whistle blows and the score is 3-0.

The players are back out and it seems Team Spam have a bit of determination on their faces. Well you never know! ‘Blitz off!’ They start again and Football God has the ball. He makes a pass to fosbe. Wow, they have stung one pass together. It’s a miracle. Fosbe tries to breakthrough shroeder, but shroeder stands tall and gets the ball. Shroeder makes a quick pass with Snuggly. Snuggly has it. He breakthrough Liam666 and shoots. The ball seems to curl round the keeper and it has hit the post. Oh wait, it hits Fosbe head and bounces in the net. 4-0. What a shambles!! The final whistle blows and the staff team has won 4-0. They are through to play the Sony’s in the final. Who is going to win?

Well so far this has proved to be a very exciting blitzball tournament. It proves to be a great final, but it looks like Sony is bringing on a secret weapon. I think it is going to be Absolute Neo. So the players are finally out and but the looks of the line up it’s going to be one of the best finals ever!

‘Blitzoff!’ And they have started. KR has the ball. He starts to dribble and sees Liquid open. A great pass straight to him. Liquid tries to break through Snuggly but Snuggly gets the ball of him. Snuggly looks around but no one available. So he decided to dribble it. He comes up to the Vottanotor and Quinty. Quinty tackles but Snuggly hangs on. He passes to Loki and he shoots. It goes straight pass Quinty and it looks as if it is going to go in…it hits the post. I can’t believe this. It hit the post! KR has it. He kicks it straight to brad@specialreserve. He shoots and…scores! 1-0. The staff team has taken the early lead. Liquid has the ball. He starts to dribble and comes face to face with shroeder. He tries to tackle Liquid but fails. Liquid is through, he shots, it is curling and the keeper doesn’t know what way it is going to go. It looks like it’s going in…it isn’t. The whistle blows and at half time it’s 1-0 to the Staff team.

It seems that the Staff team is losing their grip on the game, and the Sony’s are getting closer and closer to scoring.

So the second half is just bout to beginning, and it promises to be great.

‘Blitzball!’ The second half begins and brad@specialreserve has the ball. He sees Loki open. He tries to pass but it is blocked by Liquid. Liquid makes a direct pass straight to KR. Sony are taking all of the possession now. Loki, Snuggly, and shroeder block KR. Loki goes to tackle and misses. Snuggly goes in very hard and knocked the ball out of KR’s hand, but straight into the path of Quinty. He is blocked by brad@specialresevre but his tackle fails. Quinty shoots and…Scores!!! It is now 1-1. It seems the Sony’s might pull this one off. Loki has the ball. He sees Snuggly going towards the goal. A great pass by Loki. Snuggly is through. He shoots, and…it hits the crossbar! Straight away, Liquid gets the ball. A great long pass to Vottanator. The Vottanator shoots and…scores! A great route one goal by them two. That’s it the final is over. The Sony’s have won the tournament. They are celebrating. The Staff team walk off. The outsiders have surprised everyone and won.

The competition is over. Hope you enjoyed the matches. The European Blitzball Championships will be soon.

Liquid
Wed 03/07/02 at 14:26
Where's the fun in that?

I remember I was well chuffed when I first game, even more so when I won the next. Don't laugh, but I'm steadily making my way up the league (3rd at the mo, after a crappy start).

And where is this Svanda? I have a Ronso in my team!
Tue 02/07/02 at 20:49
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Omega Weapon. wrote:
> So far I have never lost a match. Most of my results are around 4 at
> the least and that's if I've up against all 5 by being unlucky or I've
> been poisoned so I can't use my sphere shot. My biggest score I think
> (may be more) is 7-0 win all using Tidus and his sphere shot.

HA HA HA. IS THAT IT?
the most i have won was 20-0 against the kilika beasts with all goals from Svanda. I scored every 30 seconds due to the incompetence of tatts and all my players were at or around level 14. BEAT THAT!
Tue 02/07/02 at 15:02
Another thing. People seem to be changing their team players. I haven't. I can understand Botta is rubbish who's en is only 6 of something. But I haven't lost a match yet. Tidus is almost always garenteed to score with a sphere shot (don't have the Jecht shot- must have done the attempt wrong I guess). My goalie is improving all the time and with the gradual increase of my defence I am holding off any attacks. True I may change players later but I may not. After all, I can win if I play good and I want to keep the team Besaid not fill it with other players from other teams.
Tue 02/07/02 at 14:49
Regular
"  "
Am i the only one who finds Blitzball duller than Asher D's posting style? I mean it's just glorified Trump Cards. It doesn't spoil the game though. But they could have made it more of an action game like Pro Evo or NHL2002. Good post though nice mixture of Blitz 'n' SR if 'ya get what i mean!
Tue 02/07/02 at 14:43
So far I have never lost a match. Most of my results are around 4 at the least and that's if I've up against all 5 by being unlucky or I've been poisoned so I can't use my sphere shot. My biggest score I think (may be more) is 7-0 win all using Tidus and his sphere shot.
Fri 07/06/02 at 07:52
Regular
Hercules! wrote:
> Heh, and after reading all that and ready to reply with "nice
> post there Liquid", you insult me by even *thinking* of
> mentioning my name and associating me with those fools. How dare you
> Liquid!?
>
> *hovers finger over ban button*
>
> :D

It was meant to be a joke...
Thu 06/06/02 at 19:21
Regular
Ban him! Ban him!
Thu 06/06/02 at 01:12
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Heh, and after reading all that and ready to reply with "nice post there Liquid", you insult me by even *thinking* of mentioning my name and associating me with those fools. How dare you Liquid!?

*hovers finger over ban button*

:D
Wed 05/06/02 at 19:46
Regular
Damn!!! I forgot to put Hercules on Team Spam...
Wed 05/06/02 at 19:09
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Oh, who is the daddy? Come on? Who? :-D

Guess we had to put our differences aside for that, Quinty?

Good read. It's a shame that in the game, I'm crap at Blitzball. I've only ever won 1 match! And lost 5! Not played that much, but still crap. :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.