GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eidos con Tomb Raider fans"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/06/02 at 10:31
Regular
from ign.com

In a move that has been denounced by industry insiders, Eidos, the publisher of the lucrative Tomb Raider series has announced that it is to buy the small, independant Glasgow based start-up developer Wee Weeji Scallies. This in itself is no shock news (Eidos is known for it's aggressive acquisition strategies), but it is the reasons for the purchase that came to light from a leaked memo from Eidos HQ that caused a furore through the videogaming industry.

Wee Weeji Scallies first project is a farm'em'up, loosely inspired by the Japanese series Harvest Moon. The devco seeks to bring the genre to a whole new audience by basing the action in the world of 'crofting', that is, the running of small, isolated, self sufficient farms in the Scottish Highlands. The hero is to be an 82 year old great grandmother who runs the farm on her own. While struggling through bitter winters and windy summers, players will also have to cope with problems such as arthritis and forgetting where they put their glasses.

Eidos are reputed to be changing the name of the character to Ms. L. Chest, and the name of the game to Lara Chest's Croft, in an attempt woo the ill-informed purchaser by hinting at the cybernetic breasts of their main cash cow, Lara Croft.

It remains to be seen whether the game, while a novel concept, will be a success among Tomb Raider fans.
Wed 05/06/02 at 13:33
Regular
"\\"
once again hello y always lok me out
Wed 05/06/02 at 13:19
Regular
"\\"
bang bang thats right all other arch nemisies i have but dont know abouti got gary glitter where it hurts so stay back
Wed 05/06/02 at 13:17
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Soz about that people.

I just got the urge!
Wed 05/06/02 at 13:17
Regular
"\\"
please get it right im the dude of coooool not king
Wed 05/06/02 at 13:16
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
You're a SUPER kid that's why!

You see, Gary Glitter's one of your arch rivals since you were close to being another one of his poor, helpless victims, but this time you outsmarted him, shooting him right where it hurts. That's how you saved the day!

Well done, SUPER kid! Children like you all over the country are now safe to walk, talk, play - do whatever they like - outside their homes.
Wed 05/06/02 at 13:16
Regular
Because you're just the king of cool. Don't ask why, you just are.
Wed 05/06/02 at 13:10
Regular
"\\"
y do i save the day
Wed 05/06/02 at 13:05
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Watch out kids! Gary Glitter's here!

*BANG*BANG*

It's okay! He's gone.

Once again cooooldude2001 saves the day!
Wed 05/06/02 at 13:00
Regular
"\\"
but u took 10 mins and this site could do with a few chat rooms
Wed 05/06/02 at 12:58
Regular
Not all that sure how my sheep are doing, haven't played it in a while...

And these are forums, don't expect replies immedietely. :0)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.